EMM vs. MAM: Are we doing mobile security all wrong? - TechRepublic

This article has got me wondering whether BlackBerry is pursuing the right strategy with EMM/MDM. But are all these new players (start-ups) capable of delivering and do they have the resources? (even more well-known names: Good is burning money, and so is MobileIron, so how can even smaller startups compete?)

You can lock down the OS, but the real dangers might be in the apps. How can it be done right? What is BlackBerry doing? How does containerisation play into this?

:-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....  
    03-17-15 05:53 PM
    overthinking just a bit I'm pretty shure whatever it is there are some pretty smart people behind it. I'm shure when it's time to let us know all the details and how much it costs, just like this security suite for all phones coming out this year.

tick tock keep it commming
    03-17-15 06:42 PM
    EMM vs. MAM: Are we doing mobile security all wrong? - TechRepublic

This article has got me wondering whether BlackBerry is pursuing the right strategy with EMM/MDM. But are all these new players (start-ups) capable of delivering and do they have the resources? (even more well-known names: Good is burning money, and so is MobileIron, so how can even smaller startups compete?)

You can lock down the OS, but the real dangers might be in the apps. How can it be done right? What is BlackBerry doing? How does containerisation play into this?

:-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....  
    I thought one of the features of their BES12 system was for an admin app store that houses all of your work provided apps you need, and the other app stores and such can be locked out on the work side.. sounds like they have things covered just fine
    03-17-15 11:22 PM
    03-18-15 07:33 AM