06-04-15 08:35 AM
    Blackberry should buy them

Posted via CB10
    harshik likes this.
    06-04-15 09:48 AM
    Google will buy them by the end of the day today.
    06-04-15 10:25 AM
    A "major global device manufacturer." is already on board with Sound Hound as the were involved back in 2009 in helping the small company to grow. I imagine their small investment at the time - only $4 million (but pretty big for SoundHound at that time) has put that manufacturer in a position to say what happens in the future.
    06-04-15 10:44 AM
    When I see things like this, I realize just how far behind the curve BB10 is in some aspects. We're way ahead of other platforms in regards to a lot of more important things imo, but this futurology type stuff is amazing. BB10 honestly needs Hound or something like it.

If I were BlackBerry and I wanted the handset business to continue (which may not be the case for BBRY's new business model), I would license Hound and replace BlackBerry Assistant or somehow get the app on BB10. Purchasing is probably out of the question, but that would be amazing. We do have a native SoundHound app afterall.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 12:08 PM
    Agreed it's comprehension is phenomenal, and it blows everything else out of the water! I'd be surprised if they weren't acquired relatively soon, but strangely enough they appear to be a privately held company. Which is odd for a tech company in Silicon valley. Anyways you can download hound by sound hound beta and test out some of the functionality

Should be interesting to see what happens, I'd be shocked though if they don't already have a deal in place with some major phone or smart device carries/manufactures.
    06-04-15 01:20 PM
    i have the invite, can someone hook up the apk file to download? says my devices are not eligible.
    06-04-15 07:01 PM
    What device do you have?
    06-09-15 11:23 AM
    Blackberry should buy them

Posted via CB10
    Haha. Soundhound's not paying BlackBerry any attention right now and won't be getting any love for a while. I just wrote them to ask about an update since the app won't even play samples of songs anymore and this is the response I just got today.

JUN 10, 2015 *|* 05:33PM PDT
    SoundHound Support replied:
    Unfortunately we have temporarily suspended work on Blackberry devices.We hope to revisit the project in the future.

Follow us on Twitter -http://twitter.com/soundhound
    Like us on Facebook - http://facebook.com/SoundHoundFans

We just have to wait and see about their newest apps and if they'll share with BlackBerry. I for one use it like every day almost.

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10
    06-10-15 12:34 AM
    I'm sure either apple or google will purchase them in the future and put a stop to this. How dare something be superior to something that either one of them offers
    06-10-15 12:39 AM
    WOW that's really good. I hope it doesn't end up being tied into one phone (like Samsung or Apple) but I suspect it will be

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 02:14 AM
    Nuance would probably be VERRY interested in buying their tech. That's how Nuance got so big, buy buying or bullying their voice recognition rivals.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 02:16 AM