09-09-14 05:09 AM
81 123 ...
tools
    I wonder if this hack involves their switch to iphone,icloud from BlackBerry and BES.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 02:52 PM
    No, it's another credit card hack like Target. Probably involves their POS terminals and servers.

It has nothing to do with mobile devices used by employees.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    TGR1, kbz1960, schmeat and 3 others like this.
    09-02-14 03:08 PM
    No, it's another credit card hack like Target. Probably involves their POS terminals and servers.

It has nothing to do with mobile devices used by employees.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    If CIO decided to switch corporate phones from BlackBerry to iPhone, do you think he had security on top of his mind and is it a surprise they got hacked no matter where it was involved?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 03:23 PM
    No one knows but I don't think it is a coincidence that this hack happen right after they gave up their BlackBerry for iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 03:23 PM
    If CIO decided to switch corporate phones from BlackBerry to iPhone, do you think he had security on top of his mind and is it a surprise they got hacked no matter where it was involved?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. It's obvious that security isn't their top priority and look what happened.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-02-14 03:24 PM

Posted via CB10

IMHO it's more of an issue of outdated credit card technology in the USA. The magnetic strip is not secure. I think we'll see more retailers get hacked until credit card companies opt for newer technology that is more secure.
    kbz1960, LP_Rigg, shupor and 1 others like this.
    09-02-14 03:26 PM
    I havent seen any hard details release yet that they have even been hacked. Just that they might have found some "unusual activity"

Home Depot Shares Drop After Chain Investigates Data Breach - Bloomberg

but yes this has nothing to do with phone security.
    09-02-14 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    It won't be long before this thread turns ugly with comments like yours.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-02-14 03:49 PM
    I've been behind the scenes at home depots after hours I remember a group setting up a bunch of brand new hp "comercial" type tablets among other brands. I seriously doubt going to iPhone has anything to do with it when they use all sorts of brands for technology

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 09:56 PM
    It won't be long before this thread turns ugly with comments like yours.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    So what exactly as ugly about the comment other than the fact that it is probably spot on. It is pretty clear that home Depot is pretty slip with security issues irrespective of the division. Perhaps, they need a better CIO

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:21 PM
    So what exactly as ugly about the comment other than the fact that it is probably spot on. It is pretty clear that home Depot is pretty slip with security issues irrespective of the division. Perhaps, they need a better CIO

Posted via CB10
    Actually, nothing is "clear" at this point. Don't substitute conjecture for fact. If your home router gets hacked, does it mean you were pretty slip with security? Or could it be that someone found an exploit you didn't know about or couldn't protect at the time?

This has literally nothing to do with BlackBerry or mobile security at this point and I vote for this thread to be closed or moved somewhere off-topic.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:43 PM
    Actually, nothing is "clear" at this point. Don't substitute conjecture for fact. If your home router gets hacked, does it mean you were pretty slip with security? Or could it be that someone found an exploit you didn't know about or couldn't protect at the time?

This has literally nothing to do with BlackBerry or mobile security at this point and I vote for this thread to be closed or moved somewhere off-topic.

Posted via CB10
    This is huge to do with BlackBerry. They switched from BlackBerry to iPhone and it is obvious they don't have security on top of their minds. Maybe because they think they sell home related stuff and they have nothing to hide, they don't care about security. Now they have bite their own feet. CIO need to be fired.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-02-14 11:18 PM
    People and their assumptions...

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-03-14 03:05 AM
    IMHO it's more of an issue of outdated credit card technology in the USA. The magnetic strip is not secure. I think we'll see more retailers get hacked until credit card companies opt for newer technology that is more secure.
    You seriously think EMV is any more secure? It's more secure for the bank as they no longer carry the risk of having to pay for fraudulent charges on your account since the determination of "negligence" on your part is now on their hands.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 03:28 AM
    Lol thanks for the laugh guys.
    Random non-mobile related system is compromised, "must be because of iPhone".
    Yup, flawless logic there...
    kbz1960, m1a1mg, TGR1 and 2 others like this.
    09-03-14 06:20 AM
    Lol thanks for the laugh guys.
    Random non-mobile related system is compromised, "must be because of iPhone".
    Yup, flawless logic there...
    It's all about a companies security strategy where mobile gets lumped into. I know because this is my bread and butter. If they lack protecting their credit card database, where else are they weak?

Hummmm maybe their decision to downgrade to iPhone? Lately they have been proved to be the "swiss cheese" of mobile.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 06:28 AM
    It's all about a companies security strategy where mobile gets lumped into. I know because this is my bread and butter. If they lack protecting their credit card database, where else are they weak?

Hummmm maybe their decision to downgrade to iPhone? Lately they have been proved to be the "swiss cheese" of mobile.

Posted via CB10
    Nice fallacy there. The two have nothing to do with each other, and were likely systems put into place by completely different units. If you think adopting iphone signifies a company-wide lack of security, then you're beyond any logical discussion.

If they used blackberry and had another system compromised, it would be poor implementation.
    But because it's not blackberry, it's due to lack of security consciousness.

Get a grip.
    JeepBB, shupor and rthonpm like this.
    09-03-14 06:37 AM
    Sorry you're wrong. You know nothing about security strategy and shouldn't be commenting on something you have no credentials to speak on. I do this for a living.....better luck next time

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 06:42 AM
    Also, if they were using BlackBerry and their servers got hacked, I would say the same thing....their security strategies are not unified. But their mobile department got it correct

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    09-03-14 06:44 AM
    m1a1mg, mikeo007, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    09-03-14 06:46 AM
    May not be an iPhone issue but for their security strategy I wonder if Home Depot had looked at Certicom's supply chain security. https://www.certicom.com/solutions

Oops almost forgot, Certicom is a wholly owned subsidiary of BlackBerry. Considering BlackBerry is forging upon Machine-to-Machine security and mobile secure payment systems, it might not be a bad idea for companies to ask what solutions BlackBerry/QNX/Certicom can customize/configure for them.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, bakron1 and sk8er_tor like this.
    09-03-14 07:10 AM
    Sorry you're wrong. You know nothing about security strategy and shouldn't be commenting on something you have no credentials to speak on. I do this for a living.....better luck next time

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Also, if they were using BlackBerry and their servers got hacked, I would say the same thing....their security strategies are not unified. But their mobile department got it correct

Posted via CB10
    So poor mobile security is lumped into their overall security strategy, but only if it's not Blackberry...then it's a non-unified strategy.
    Seems legit...I probably won't be taking security advice from you either with logic like that.
    kbz1960 and shupor like this.
    09-03-14 07:20 AM
    I wonder if this hack involves their switch to iphone,icloud from BlackBerry and BES.

Posted via CB10
    You making like other platform/os is crap in security and can be easily hack while BlackBerry is invisible. If BlackBerry were so great and in security, BlackBerry would have been household name right now and making billion.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    09-03-14 07:31 AM
    These hacks are not mobile this does however still bring up the conversation about security both mobile and otherwise this can only be good for blackberry to keep shouting security is our focus. Unfortunately its going to take more people getting hacked to make things better for blackberry. Let's hope these incidents make corporations rethink their current security needs.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    neteng1000 likes this.
    09-03-14 04:51 PM

Cards across the pond have had chips for years. This country is far behind.
    Laura Knotek, JeepBB and shupor like this.
    09-03-14 04:55 PM
81 123 ...