Here's what I hope, that RIM some how manages to skip over OS 7 and the next new phones, even though released a few months later, come with QNX.

RIM lost momentum and momentum lost equals eroding existing customer base as if they feel they cannot wait for the latest and greatest, and lost new customers who from reading the news feel that RIM cannot provide a future.

Which is why I've been saying that RIM must focus on 'two phones' that have QNX and has all the current features of past BB models as well as just one totally new gimmick feature/function that will wow.

A Torch with QNX and a Storm like with QNX. Must be full size touch screens!! Half size touch screens won't get it.

There is no time for everything for everyone! Mark my words on this.

Then have a blast of tv ads running 6 months that make it look sexy and cool all in one.
    07-04-11 07:39 AM
    It's already been a year since any new devices launched, I think skipping over os7 devices would lead to more bad press which they don't need. QNX phones aren't rumored to launch until some time in 2012. That would make ~2 years until a device launch.
    You can hope the OS7 devices don't come, but the fact is they are, and changing their entire line up this late in the game would not help at all.
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 07-04-11 at 08:39 AM.
    07-04-11 08:37 AM
    Might I ask what you do for a living?
    because I can't fathom how one would think that skipping OS7 for QNX at this stage of the game with the current device launch schedule would be good for RIM.

OS7 will be a great OS for those who are not app dependent. Those with BB9000's will be excited to move to 9900's and those in the CDMA arena finally get a true BOLD device!

I would hope they hold off on a Full touchscreen device until QNX so as to not have 2 devices launch within 6 months of eachother, but I am looking forward to an OS7 device.
    07-04-11 08:48 AM
    Skipping OS 7 would be a bad move. Sticking to the roadmap is what they'll likely do. It's not recommended to drive through a river, cause you don't know how deep it is, or what'll mess up the transmission, or slice the tires. Same for driving through a field with tall grass, you don't know if a deer is grazing, which would damage your vehicle. In tech terms, it would confuse customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 08:55 AM
  5. T
    ... those in the CDMA arena finally get a true BOLD device!
    Please elaborate. What will its additional capabilities be?
    07-04-11 09:12 AM
    Please elaborate. What will its additional capabilities be?
    He just means the original size of the Bold 9000 because it's only available on the GSM side.
    07-04-11 09:15 AM
    the Bold on CDMA is really just a tour upgrade. the 9000 is what most people think the realy "bold" should be like, i agree too
    07-04-11 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD