02-02-11 01:47 PM
    ?? for Playbook? what?
    02-02-11 01:58 PM
    i don't get it. ????
    02-02-11 02:00 PM
    Hmm...

Maybe he means that considering the potential of Android apps being installable on the Playbook and the full browser, that you would be able to go to this website and use it as an app store for the Playbook.

Just a guess...
    CASH likes this.
    02-02-11 02:04 PM
    Attended the session, not impressed so much, a poor event, they are trying to imitate Apple in all ways OS, web store, music etc. It only gave me an impression of a poor man's Apple.
    02-02-11 02:08 PM
    Except for the fact that RIM has said the Playbook will be tied to only getting apps form Appworld at initial release.
    02-02-11 02:10 PM
    The op is referring to the big possibility of RIM using the dalvik installer on the pb . This is the same installer as android so this in this in turn will enable the PB to run android apps, thus making it easier to devs to make an app for both platforms. The hope is that we will then get more choice in app world

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CASH likes this.
    02-02-11 02:37 PM
    The op is referring to the big possibility of RIM using the dalvik installer on the pb . This is the same installer as android so this in this in turn will enable the PB to run android apps, thus making it easier to devs to make an app for both platforms. The hope is that we will then get more choice in app world

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Exactly. It's possibility. Nothing on that link goes with the misleading title of this thread. They did not "unveil the Android Market for playbook".

Having said that RIM needs to jump on this because it would save developers time instead of having to work with yet another OS. And maybe they will dedicate more time since the apps would be able to be used on more than 1 platform.
    02-02-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD