Well, this is one approach I never heard before...
    So, get more from the link below, translated from German, so a bit tricky to decrypt sometimes so be sur the translation is accurate b4 turning it into certainty.
    And while at it, velcome the Avenger !

https://translate.googleusercontent....WQBMWbYdA6QQmQ

* AS USUAL PLEASE NOTE THIS IS RUMOR AND WE SHOULDN'T GET TOO EXCITED ABOUT IT BEFORE IT'S CONFIRMED *

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    09-06-15 11:38 AM
    avenge: "to inflict harm in return for (an injury or wrong done to oneself or another)."

I don't know about you,.. but I wouldn't want to buy a phone that promises to inflict harm.
    09-06-15 11:45 AM
    Or ...
    Attached Thumbnails Google services hosted by BlackBerry ?-images.jpg  
    09-06-15 12:57 PM
    Is Chen Tony Parker? Seriously... great info if is true!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-06-15 01:29 PM
    "Presented the device should be in October / November this year..."

Talks like Yoda, haha... :-D

  Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...  
    09-06-15 06:45 PM
    http://mobilectrl.de/blackberry-pass...menden-slider/

Original link for those with the right language skillz... :-)

  Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...  
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-06-15 06:47 PM
    So now we're going to have more speculation based on a poor translation of recycled rumors?
    rthonpm and LazyEvul like this.
    09-08-15 09:59 AM
    I sure hope so, that's so refreshing

More seriously, this might be the best answer to Google's "security/privacy" concerns we can read pretty much everywhere in the formums.

But again, salt it

P.S: while the Google translation is bad, OP title is accurate.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-08-15 at 11:17 AM.
    09-08-15 11:06 AM
    BlackBerry emulating GPS is a very good concept tbh, nice article!

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ιт > 
    09-08-15 12:39 PM
    Here's a translation of one of the pingback items below the main article: https://translate.googleusercontent....WdlCxUY3jjuOJw

Slider is "Avenger" hot - with Google services and no Android Passport
    Mobilectrl received allegedly new information on the IFA in Berlin. Thus, the market name of the new slider is known as the "Venice went" through the media. And that Passport will remain as it is.

So BlackBerry has revealed some information on the IFA, which I aufgliedere cut you here:
    There is no Android Passport give because it is very pleased with BlackBerry OS10. The runtime has no differences from an Android operating system. It does not run only about 3% of Android apps on BlackBerry OS10.The Slider will come Avenger on the market.

Note was:
    "It is under certain circumstances, may, might give a smartphone with curved display and Android. There is a Marvel comic book, in which emerge many superheroes. For the comic, there were also two films. Thus, the mobile phone may, possibly, maybe hot."

Certain Google services and data will not run on Google's servers but via the BlackBerry infrastructure.
    Parts are consistent with the information that I have obtained from reliable sources.
    09-08-15 01:53 PM

Note was:
    "It is under certain circumstances, may, might give a smartphone with curved display and Android. There is a Marvel comic book, in which emerge many superheroes. For the comic, there were also two films. Thus, the mobile phone may, possibly, maybe hot."
    Is anyone from CrackBerry at IFA?

Last I heard BlackBerry was not scheduled to make any announcements or presentations. Doesn't mean there aren't some engineers or designers there. But this almost seems.... silly.

Of course it seem like Tony Stark used a Slider at one time.... but then he went all touch.
    09-08-15 03:00 PM
    avenge: "to inflict harm in return for (an injury or wrong done to oneself or another)."

I don't know about you,.. but I wouldn't want to buy a phone that promises to inflict harm.
    If my phone says it wants to kick your phones' @SS...I'm down
    09-08-15 06:36 PM
    More like

Google services hosted by BlackBerry ?-coqmu18uaaaoz7h.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-08-15 07:16 PM
    I wonder if such rumor is true.

"Our Blackphone 2 release this fall will bring support for Google Play and Google Mobile Services to Silent OS."

http://m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/ne...droid-for-work

https://support.blackphone.ch/custom...lackphone-use-

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 10:21 AM

"Our Blackphone 2 release this fall will bring support for Google Play and Google Mobile Services to Silent OS."

Silent Circle's Blackphone 2 will support Google Android for Work - The Inquirer

Posted via CB10

PrivatOS is built on Android.... it possible that it will be changed to meet all of the requirements of having Google Mobile Services certification. PrivatOS may soon be only a UI on top of full Android.

They also use a number of App Suites to provide security....

Silent Suite is the Silent Circle's core set of applications that enable private, encrypted communication. It offers peer-to-peer key negotiation and management. Silent Suite sets the standard for enterprise privacy and is available on PrivatOS, iOS and Android. It includes:
    If you go to their site... sounds a lot like what BlackBerry is attempting with the BlackBerry Experience.
    09-09-15 10:42 AM
    PrivatOS is built on Android.... it possible that it will be changed to meet all of the requirements of having Google Mobile Services certification. PrivatOS may soon be only a UI on top of full Android.

They also use a number of App Suites to provide security.... If you go to their site... sounds a lot like what BlackBerry is attempting with the BlackBerry Experience.
    Who would have thought that BlackBerry would end up building a phone sounding so similar to the Blackphone?
    09-09-15 11:16 AM
    Who would have thought that BlackBerry would end up building a phone sounding so similar to the Blackphone?

Wouldn't be surprised if Chen's buying of competitors isn't finished....
    09-09-15 11:54 AM
    Wouldn't be surprised if Chen's buying of competitors isn't finished....
    Silent Circle might be offered for a potential buyer rather cheaply . . .

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...on-in-funding/

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 12:09 PM
    Silent Circle might be offered for a potential buyer rather cheaply . . .

BlackPhone maker Silent Circle announces $50 million in funding | Ars Technica

Posted via CB10
    The are still a private "start-up" that is mainly funded by private "investments". Much like Good was.

It's all a matter of what it the potential return, and are they making any headway in the ultra secure market. If BB10 is pulled, it would be a big boost for Silent Circle, if there is a difference between what they do and what the AndroidBerry can do. (They sound almost identical)
    09-09-15 01:14 PM

http://m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/ne...droid-for-work

Posted via CB10
    Not so much a rumor as this was announced last month. I brought it up in a few threads then. At the time, only Digital Trends mentioned the inclusion of Google Services in PrivatOS.

I'm guessing it's from being part of the whole Android for Work deal that BlackBerry is also a part of.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-09-15 02:35 PM