01-14-14 02:04 PM
233 ... 34567 ...
tools
    This would be great if actualised. Will solidify more for me, the reason to search for and get q10 shipped here to my palms.
    11-11-13 12:09 AM
    If its true it would be a good thing for Blackberry. They need to sell more handsets. Clearly the having Blackberry World arent selling enough for the company to survive. The major reasons why Android and iOS are successful because of apps. Blackberry needs apps to sell handsets!!!
    Once the developers sees many people adopting BB10, wouldnt they create best experience for their app by going native? I would definitely do that

I just dont understand why people on here are so against it. Blackberry will die without apps whether you like it or not.
    11-11-13 12:21 AM
    Any idea as to when this may come to fruition?
    Lucas at N4bb.com is reporting that he has reached out to sources that state BlackBerry and Google are currently in negotiations to allow Google Play on BB10 devices.

This is quite a development

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 12:22 AM
    Any idea as to when this may come to fruition?
    "Soon," I'd bet
    11-11-13 12:36 AM
    "Soon," I'd bet
    Coming soon....
    h20work and kbz1960 like this.
    11-11-13 12:52 AM
    If Google Play Store becomes part of the BlackBerry 10 ecosystem, I wonder how consumers will perceive this and how BlackBerry will promote this, all the while trying to keep the product differentiated from Android. Would BlackBerry be perceived as essentially another Android phone?

Posted via CB10
    They would promote it by saying we have every app on the planet.
    11-11-13 01:03 AM
    Blackberry better get some quad cores, or multiple quad core action in these phones. half for bb10 and half for android. Something to make the experience great. Moto X can pull of 8 cores for different things. MORE CORES!! lol

I just got a Nexus 5 and it is super smooth. Compared to the android experience on my Z10 it was horrible, Ill never go back on a blackberry with those specs. Or if it was just a limitation with the coding of the android runtime i dunno. Either way it needs to be fixed.

Cant go around saying blackberry has every app on the planet, then when they pick it up it feels like there 3 year old android.
    11-11-13 01:06 AM
    I disagree with that google will not be interested, on the contrary, the more people using Google services, the more profit they make, since they make profits out of publicity, and that's what google apps do, remember that android is an open source platform.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-11-13 01:28 AM
    well i was handling my friend's Motorola razr, the latest one, and it felt really laggie, my Z10 was much smoother, agree with some side loaded apps, but some works flawlessly.
    11-11-13 01:33 AM
    No, but at least it'll shut some people's mouths who say ''BB should've gone android''

If Google Play Store becomes part of the BlackBerry 10 ecosystem, I wonder how consumers will perceive this and how BlackBerry will promote this, all the while trying to keep the product differentiated from Android. Would BlackBerry be perceived as essentially another Android phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:00 AM
    Google Play Store on BB10- more than a rumor-img_00000145.png

If you turn cellular off - you don't get the red X

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:05 AM
    these rumours with google lpay.. and then small things like the new call screen (looking like android ICS call screen according to the article on n4bb) i wouldnt be surprised if blackberry are going to become an android platform with blackberrys user interface...looking at all the androids... the home screens and settings and back button are similar, but then the rest of the user interface is down to how the provider wants to have it for their phone...

we could be seeing blackberry 10 no longer be a blackberry 10 os.. but a blackberry android os...

i wouldnt be surprised tbh...
    11-11-13 03:10 AM
    I doubt it. BB10 native apps won't run on Android. Or am I wrong?

these rumours with google lpay.. and then small things like the new call screen (looking like android ICS call screen according to the article on n4bb) i wouldnt be surprised if blackberry are going to become an android platform with blackberrys user interface...looking at all the androids... the home screens and settings and back button are similar, but then the rest of the user interface is down to how the provider wants to have it for their phone...

we could be seeing blackberry 10 no longer be a blackberry 10 os.. but a blackberry android os...

i wouldnt be surprised tbh...
    11-11-13 04:20 AM
    I doubt it. BB10 native apps won't run on Android. Or am I wrong?
    i have no idea.. lool, native apps probably wont run on android, but i dont like this migration to more and more android like features...
    11-11-13 04:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry will be an Android phone on steroids
    11-11-13 05:43 AM
    Mobile malware on the rise in Q3, 97% targets Android

11 NOVEMBER, 2013
    As Android continues to rise in popularity, so do, unfortunately, some of the seedier elements that are invariable associated with emerging software technologies. The latest Mobile Threat Report from F-Secure shows some startling statistics, especially when it comes to Android.

http://m.gsmarena.com/mobile_malware...-news-7155.php

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:34 AM
    Google Play Store on BB10- more than a rumor-img_00004140.png
    Google Play Store on BB10- more than a rumor-img_00004139.png

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:51 AM
    BlackBerry will never kill revenue from their own store to give it all to Google. If anything BlackBerry would need to get a cut of what is sold on BlackBerry phones and that does make sense if Google goes for it.

Should be interesting.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:58 AM
    this is a poor fix as blackberry 10 devices were not concived with the physical back button and menu buttons that Android devices have...

we will always need to have that bar with the back button that new leaks are desperately trying to hide....

I have a Q10 and tbh, android ports are not good quality, they dont run as if there were natives. so yes good effort Blackberry, but it's not enough...
    11-11-13 06:59 AM
    Blackberry better get some quad cores, or multiple quad core action in these phones. half for bb10 and half for android. Something to make the experience great. Moto X can pull of 8 cores for different things. MORE CORES!! lol

I just got a Nexus 5 and it is super smooth. Compared to the android experience on my Z10 it was horrible, Ill never go back on a blackberry with those specs. Or if it was just a limitation with the coding of the android runtime i dunno. Either way it needs to be fixed.

Cant go around saying blackberry has every app on the planet, then when they pick it up it feels like there 3 year old android.
    I think the Z30 would be a fairer comparison to the N5.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:00 AM
    BlackBerry needs to find a way to move away from Android apps on BB10 and work with developers to build native BB10 apps.

Instead of Google Play on the phone, how about native versions of Google apps? Heck, Google had a native BBOS maps app I had running on my 9800. The Android version of Google Maps on BB10 can't display streetview.
    Google maps version 7.2 allows street view for me. I'm on unlocked Android runtime with 10.2

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:09 AM
    BlackBerry will never kill revenue from their own store to give it all to Google. If anything BlackBerry would need to get a cut of what is sold on BlackBerry phones and that does make sense if Google goes for it.

Should be interesting.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung doesn't, so what makes you think that Google will alow Blackberry too? The only people who get a cut is the content owner (app developers) and the store owner (Google). It would make no (business) sense for Google to allow Blackberry to take a cut.
    11-11-13 07:20 AM
    this is a poor fix as blackberry 10 devices were not concived with the physical back button and menu buttons that Android devices have...

we will always need to have that bar with the back button that new leaks are desperately trying to hide....

I have a Q10 and tbh, android ports are not good quality, they dont run as if there were natives. so yes good effort Blackberry, but it's not enough...
    Swipe diagonally from the bottom, thats the same as the back button. No need for the bar at all

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-11-13 07:36 AM
    exactly never said that but it all goes through BlackBerry's BIS service, BIS is still our internet gateway simply like a proxy that all our connectivity is pushed through , if there is no link to BIS you simply do not have your internet connectivity. an even better way to discribe it is BIS is a VPN, its a public netowrk going through one main private network

we don't get the same push mail that legacy devices have and emails were never really encrypted it doesn't make any sense to do so but BIS is still a big part of BB10.
    How about some links on this?
    11-11-13 07:44 AM
    I'm leaning towards this.

At first, I thought it was a great idea. The more I think about it though, the less I like it. It's similar to what I thought about the runtime in general: in the long term, I don't think it helps BB10.

I've been wrong before, but I can't shake the feeling that Google gains more by giving less.
    So tell me, how has bbry been doing in the native app department for the last 3 years?

Crickets?
    11-11-13 07:51 AM
233 ... 34567 ...