01-14-14 02:04 PM
233 ... 8910
tools
    Android is free, but if You want sell devices with ability for installing Google Apps like Play Store, You have to pay for licence.

Wysłane z mojego Q10 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    01-10-14 07:26 AM
    BlackBerry needs to find a way to move away from Android apps on BB10 and work with developers to build native BB10 apps.

Instead of Google Play on the phone, how about native versions of Google apps? Heck, Google had a native BBOS maps app I had running on my 9800. The Android version of Google Maps on BB10 can't display streetview.
    You're right about the native apps, but why your street view not working on bb10?
    My is working with the newest google maps app downloaded with snap.

Wenn du mir sagst, was dort drauen richtig ist, werde ich nicht mehr versuchen dich zu kssen... (Sayumi Whisp) www.sayumi.de
    01-11-14 09:15 AM
    Android is free, but if You want sell devices with ability for installing Google Apps like Play Store, You have to pay for licence.
    I don't think you do have to pay for those apps, it is more you have to get your device approved to use those apps by google rather than just compiling android like you can with the rest of it.
    01-11-14 09:39 AM
    I might be splitting hairs here but I'd argue that it's good for users but largely irrelevant to consumers who due to reasons we've run into the ground many times have no interest or inclination to buy a BB10 device and are unlikely to do so regardless of this move due to larger factors. So it's cool for current users but of minor significance beyond that.
    This distinction is key, and often overlooked. The ability to install Android apps will not be a major factor in convincing people to buy BB products - in many ways this reminds me of the "The PlayBook has Flash!" tropes of the past. This is not a significant differentiating factor.

I believe the focus on Android has less to do with current users (and the consumer market), and more to do with BB trying to position its devices as a viable alternative to Android devices in the enterprise space. It's much easier to land a big contract if you can say "Yes, our devices can run Android apps with minor modifications." Enterprise developers will be more likely to make the changes necessary to work around platform incompatibilities and get their app working properly. Also, my guess is that Google Play services are not crucial for that market: while maps, GPS, bluetooth, camera, audio and other low-level APIs are important, in-app billing, cloud messaging, etc. are less so.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    01-12-14 01:45 PM
    Finally, it seems Apk will be on BBWorld...that's sad. That's not closing the app gap for normal customers

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:16 PM
    Finally, it seems Apk will be on BBWorld...that's sad. That's not closing the app gap for normal customers

Posted via CB10
    No because it didn't take much for those developers to bring their Android apps to BBWorld when there was a lot of hope and promise of a new platform. With the simple truth that sales are in the toilet, and that the company is moving to more of a enterprise model where apps are controlled most time, add in the fact that mostly hardcore user have BB10 BlackBerries and that they have been sideloading and stealing apps all along.... I seriously doubt you are going to see an inrush of quality apps.

Now if BlackBerry does another free devices or $100 for every new app, expect another wave of....
    01-13-14 02:21 PM
    yeah,it's a great development if you want google to have your information and turn it over to the NSA.
    I have to agree I am loyal and I really prefer BlackBerry phone it fits my needs especially for business. However, the day BlackBerry becomes like the rest of the platforms regarding security at that time I believe it's time to maybe weigh my options.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 02:25 PM
    I have to agree I am loyal and I really prefer BlackBerry phone it fits my needs especially for business. However, the day BlackBerry becomes like the rest of the platforms regarding security at that time I believe it's time to maybe weigh my options.

Posted via CB10
    Questions:

Is a BlackBerry on BES more secure than android or iOS on BES?

Is a BlackBerry not on BES more secure than other platforms?

Is iOS the most secure platform when it is not running on BES?

What are your better secured options ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-14-14 02:04 PM
233 ... 8910