This article immediately caught my eye. I wonder what his new role at Amazon will be. Perhaps a new device, a wearable, a new phone in the works? Regardless, I feel this is a significant hire and clearly indicates Amazon is serious about devices and wants to expand in this space.

Google Glass founder heads to Amazon

"The optics savant that helped Google create Glass has just announced that he's "super excited" to be joining Amazon. Babak Parvis was one of the original members of Google's Project X skunkworks lab, and the first head of the Glass project team".

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-14-14 11:44 AM
    Alrighty then.
    07-14-14 12:01 PM
    I'm baffled at Amazon's approach to mobile, in particular at what they are looking to achieve. They have a cross platform app, which I would believe to be enough to reach their customers. They must have a plan for the future that isn't apparent at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 02:10 PM
    Mmmm he should have went to BlackBerry, bb glass wouldn't be a bad idea

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 02:33 PM
    I was wondering if this can ultimately lead to expansion of the Amazon App Store as a spin-off. If this is the case BlackBerry will also benefit. Long shot?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 03:26 PM
    I'm baffled at Amazon's approach to mobile, in particular at what they are looking to achieve. They have a cross platform app, which I would believe to be enough to reach their customers. They must have a plan for the future that isn't apparent at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    I agree... I've heard the word innovative a lot about the Passport, but I don't understand what is really innovative about it. On the other hand the Fire Phone has a number of very innovative features... but I have to wonder if the cost of adding this Dynamic Perspective is something that users will be able to use in the near future.

Have to wonder when Bezos explained onstage in Seattle that in the early days of the Fire Phone, Amazon went so far as to make its own headset to emulate 3D effects. If maybe there has been some discussions with Parvis, or maybe he was intrigued with where Amazon might be taking this technology....
    07-15-14 08:30 AM