07-16-15 05:24 AM
77 1234
tools
    BlackBerry 10 isn't going anywhere.
    BB10 HASN'T gone anywhere.

Posted via C5303
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-11-15 02:33 AM
    If you correlate market share to product quality you're doing it wrong.
    07-11-15 10:20 AM
    I remember you from back in the day when I had the 8520.
    Oh, good old days!...
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    07-11-15 10:31 AM
    Blackberry sure, but why stop there? Just picture the utopia we would all live in if Microsoft and Apple also moved to the superior Android OS. More people might buy their products too (after all, Android outsells all other OS's by a huge margin because it is better) and we consumers would all have the same gazillion apps available to us, same security, and we wouldn't have to spend so much of our time trying to figure out what we want in a phone or how to use them when we switched brands.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 11:01 AM
    Blackberry sure, but why stop there? Just picture the utopia we would all live in if Microsoft and Apple also moved to the superior Android OS. More people might buy their products too (after all, Android outsells all other OS's by a huge margin because it is better) and we consumers would all have the same gazillion apps available to us, same security, and we wouldn't have to spend so much of our time trying to figure out what we want in a phone or how to use them when we switched brands.

Posted via CB10
    Apple makes all the profit in the smartphone market. Moving to Android would be a dumb business decision. Besides the fact that the iOS/OS X ecosystem is arguably larger, more heavily integrated and intertwined, and more profitable... and the fact the iPhone is the singular best selling smartphone on the market.

The shareholders would gather torches and march towards Tim Cook's estate.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    07-11-15 12:14 PM
    You read the whole thing? I tapped out at "all they have to do is ditch their horrible OS".

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I yawned- started dosing after that.
    07-11-15 01:12 PM
    Oversimplification. JMHO.
    It would be great if all BlackBerry had to do was drop BB10. LOL, majority of the blogger/columnist that writes something about BlackBerry tries to be "that" writer that gets a final shot in at BlackBerry before the final nail is in the coffin and BlackBerry is no more. So, many things has to change in order for BlackBerry to move back in the relevant column when it comes to the smartphone market. Disclaimer: Fanboys, I'm not talking about the sentiment of those of us that have and continue to use BlackBerries at work and/or personal - whether for 6 months or 15 years. This is a lot bigger issue than CrackBerry arrm-chair analysis/opinions. Anyway, as stated - even with Android, no guarantees that sales will get better and I hope they are great if it happens. The "brand-name" had taken a major critic beatdownin the last 3-4 years- with some of it self-imposed due to the media capitalizing on every mistake made prior to, during, and now after with BB10 on the market and moving minimal units. If only i were that simple.
    07-11-15 01:46 PM
    BB10 HASN'T gone anywhere.

Posted via C5303
    BlackBerry 10 isn't going anywhere. Talk to some BlackBerry employee's

I get a kick out of those that think BlackBerry 10 is going eol.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 01:54 PM
    BlackBerry 10 isn't going anywhere. Talk to some BlackBerry employee's

I get a kick out of those that think BlackBerry 10 is going eol.

Posted via CB10
    Neither is the improvement of BB10 according to the people who develop for BB10 that frequent the boards.

Posted via Z30
    07-11-15 04:37 PM
    Again. BlackBerry 10 is not going anywhere.
    07-11-15 06:57 PM
    Again. BlackBerry 10 is not going anywhere.
    Or it's going nowhere, but that point has already been made in this thread.
    07-11-15 07:26 PM
    Yet again, BlackBerry 10 isn't going anywhere. You mad bro?
    07-11-15 10:19 PM
    LMAO! A point? You get all your points of view from people who post on threads on the Internet, detective 92 posts?!
    07-11-15 10:21 PM
    Or it's going nowhere, but that point has already been made in this thread.

And you're the expert. I guess with your post, everybody supporting BlackBerry 10 suddenly had an amazing epiphany and now agrees with you. Good job! You won the Internet today! I'm sure that's why you got out of bed this morning.
    07-11-15 10:23 PM
    There is nothing stopping BlackBerry from making an android handset, provided they can secure it properly. That's always been obvious and John Chen even said he would only do it if he can secure it. That does not mean BlackBerry 10 is going anywhere, he even said, 'BlackBerry is the most secure' - he isn't going to shelve BlackBerry 10 because of that fact, it would be a stupid decision. People are seriously sounding crazy (including me sometimes), but BlackBerry will always have their own OS, and that is called BlackBerry 10 (and beyond). Will they ALSO build an android device? Maybe they will. There is also nothing to say they won't offer people the choice between the two or use some other QNX technology (HyperVisor). There is also nothing to say they won't just make BlackBerry 10 100% 'Google Play Services' compatible and offer the Google Play Store, plus BlackBerry World, plus Amazon App Store. That way BlackBerry 10 developers will still have their storefront and all the consumer zombies can get their snapchatcrapapps from the 'walmart' stores.

Do I want BlackBerry to make an android device? Nope, not at all. Hate the idea. Is the idea a possibility? Yep, sad but might be true. Nobody knows for sure. As a supporter and believer in BlackBerry, I hope they choose to retain BlackBerry 10 as the OS, but with an 'opt in' setting to include full Google Play Services and the Google Play Store for people who want all that garbage. That's what I would like to see.
    Last edited by buckwylder; 07-11-15 at 11:45 PM.
    07-11-15 10:38 PM
    Yet again, BlackBerry 10 isn't going anywhere. You mad bro?
    Seems like you're the one who's mad, bro.

Chill, it's just an OS.

Posted via C5303
    07-11-15 10:41 PM
    No, your 'mad radar' is malfunctioning, bro, because nothing I've typed has anything 'angry' about it. How do you get tone from text? (that's what the question 'you mad bro?' is meant to determine) Besides, I don't get 'mad' and, no, it is not 'just an OS' to me, is that a problem for you? What do you have invested in BlackBerry, a couple handsets? Anyways, fix your radar and 'chill' yourself, kiddo. But, don't let me bug you, it's unbecoming.
    Last edited by buckwylder; 07-11-15 at 11:37 PM.
    07-11-15 11:14 PM
    Android is better os? Nah.. lots of cheap android handsets available, hence the higher number of sales, but not better os at all. Figures does not equate to better when it comes to productivity, most of the time better things are in smaller numbers, but majority think otherwise because of trend and marketing. My humble take on the matter.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 11:19 PM
    Your argument. Is old. It has been posted a 100 times over the past three years.

Folks want apps.
    BB tried to get apps.
    BB failed to get apps.

BB10, I really hate to say, is a failure.

Via my HTC One M9...
    BB10 OS is a stroke of genius,
    BB10 app availability, yes admittedly, is a failure in most people's eyes...

:-D

  www. CrackDroidChentral .com --- (BB10 NOT dead!)  
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    07-11-15 11:28 PM
    No, your 'mad radar' is malfunctioning, bro, because nothing I've typed has anything 'angry' about it. How do you get tone from text? (that's what the question 'you mad bro?' is meant to determine) Besides, I don't get 'mad' and, no, it is not 'just an OS' to me, is that a problem for you? What do you have invested in BlackBerry, a couple handsets? Anyways, fix your radar and 'chill' yourself, kiddo. But, don't let me bug you, it's unbecoming.
    Yikes! I guess the term I should've used was rabid.

I'll just steer clear out of your way. Have a nice day.

Posted via C5303
    07-12-15 12:58 AM
    BB10 OS is a stroke of genius,
    :-D

And luckily they sold only a few million units.
    Take good care of your BB 10 device collections.
    In a few years, when everybody wants one, we all will be very rich.
    07-12-15 03:12 AM
    BB10 with Google Play services will be enough to win me back

Because I have a google play music subscription, an android wear watch, Sonos, Nest and Hue bulbs, I would have to do a fair bit of faffing around to get them all working I guess?

I don't care for SnapCrap, periscope, candy crush and all the other carp that you can get on iOS and Android, I want a phone that works well and has a decent battery life and camera

I detest my touch screen keyboard but I had to switch so I could have a smartwatch that worked out of the box and I could buy all the other cool stuff android has as I love my gadgets - from lurking on here it seems that the android runtime has come a long way, but without GPS a lot of apps still don't work
    07-13-15 06:02 AM
    Your embarrassing yourself

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 06:41 AM
    BB10 with Google Play services will be enough to win me back

Because I have a google play music subscription, an android wear watch, Sonos, Nest and Hue bulbs, I would have to do a fair bit of faffing around to get them all working I guess?

I don't care for SnapCrap, periscope, candy crush and all the other carp that you can get on iOS and Android, I want a phone that works well and has a decent battery life and camera

I detest my touch screen keyboard but I had to switch so I could have a smartwatch that worked out of the box and I could buy all the other cool stuff android has as I love my gadgets - from lurking on here it seems that the android runtime has come a long way, but without GPS a lot of apps still don't work
    This (potential) use case ^ probably matches a large percentage of the population on CrackBerry, and probably also the general pop... :-)

  "WatsApp with the Chendroid?" - "Goog question, lol..."  
    07-14-15 04:54 PM
    I completely agree, even as a BlackBerry loyalist. I find it hard to recommend BlackBerry to most people (some that use it for core communication sure, but not the average non-technical user)
    Things need to simply work and be found in a central "store". Unfortunately more and more apps require ( or at least give a Google Services error. For 90+% of the people out there that isn't acceptable.
    Like it or not, most phones need to belong to Apple's or Google's ecosystem, even Windows is limiting.
    Like cars, if you're fine filling up a hydrogen powered car then great, but most people need to use gas or diesel (with the rare electric i.e. Windows) to drive their cars to work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mcstravi; 07-14-15 at 09:49 PM.
    07-14-15 07:49 PM
77 1234