Smartphone lineups axed in 2019.....Blackberry is on the list...sigh.... https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/12/2...-axed-in-2019/
    12-27-19 10:20 PM
    "The Chinese giant TCL acquired BlackBerry a few years ago" lol no

"In October, TCL announced that it has no plans to release a 5G BlackBerry smartphone." They said they do not currently plan on including 5G technology in future devices, which is different from "there won't be future BlackBerry smartphones".

"It did not release a BlackBerry-banded device this year." Device sales are slowing across the market, makes sense to release a low volume niche device every 2 years.

While I want a KEY3, better arguments would be:
    - No new certified device
    - No BlackBerry Mobile CES booth registration
    - No leaks or announcements for future devices
    - No "major" OS updates for KEY2

For KEY3:
    - TCL hasn't said no KEY3
    - Contract stated 5 devices would be released? So far only 4 (KEYone, Motion, KEY2, KEY2 LE) unless you count (DTEK50, DTEK60, KEYone, Motion, KEY2) or (KEYone, KEYone BE, Motion, KEY2, KEY2 LE)
    12-27-19 11:28 PM
    so basically everything still points to no future Blackberry devices...lol
    my cell plan is up for renewal which means hardware upgrade time. I was contemplating waiting for some new Blackberry news, but it looks like I will finally be ditching the keyboard...sigh,
    12-28-19 12:08 PM
    Like I said in another thread, turn out the lights the party's over :-(
    12-28-19 12:13 PM
    "The Chinese giant TCL acquired BlackBerry a few years ago" lol no

"In October, TCL announced that it has no plans to release a 5G BlackBerry smartphone." They said they do not currently plan on including 5G technology in future devices, which is different from "there won't be future BlackBerry smartphones".

"It did not release a BlackBerry-banded device this year." Device sales are slowing across the market, makes sense to release a low volume niche device every 2 years.

While I want a KEY3, better arguments would be:
    - No new certified device
    - No BlackBerry Mobile CES booth registration
    - No leaks or announcements for future devices
    - No "major" OS updates for KEY2

For KEY3:
    - TCL hasn't said no KEY3
    - Contract stated 5 devices would be released? So far only 4 (KEYone, Motion, KEY2, KEY2 LE) unless you count (DTEK50, DTEK60, KEYone, Motion, KEY2) or (KEYone, KEYone BE, Motion, KEY2, KEY2 LE)
    Such an inaccurate statement on many levels makes me look ascue at the rest of what they wrote about any of the phones they are supposed to be reporting on. Acquired BlackBerry" -- that is just shabby reporting/wording. Don't they even know that BlackBerry Ltd still exists aside from the phone business?
    12-28-19 05:16 PM
    Like I said in another thread, turn out the lights the party's over :-(
    I am still rocking my KEY2.
    12-28-19 05:18 PM
    Such an inaccurate statement on many levels makes me look ascue at the rest of what they wrote about any of the phones they are supposed to be reporting on. Acquired BlackBerry" -- that is just shabby reporting/wording. Don't they even know that BlackBerry Ltd still exists aside from the phone business?
    I chalked that up to poor translation program.
    12-28-19 05:22 PM
    Ahha gizmochina

Posted via CB10
    12-29-19 11:51 AM
    That and I'm guessing they didn't want to write a whole novel explaining the situation when it's supposed to be a quick hit article.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-29-19 12:09 PM
    Poor translation program with no proper editing is very shabby. This is from one world language to another, after all. The most important thing a translation editor must check is accuracy of basic facts in the article when translated. I have seen translation programs reverse the meaning. If basic facts are not accurate, then the info can not be considered reliable in other parts of the translation.
    12-30-19 03:04 PM
    That and I'm guessing they didn't want to write a whole novel explaining the situation when it's supposed to be a quick hit article.
    It is the translation editor in me. One of my other hats: I have done both translation and translation editing. 2 or 3 words changed would have made the known facts more accurate.
    12-30-19 03:12 PM