11-11-14 10:06 AM
32 12
tools
    ... has to be credited to previous C-level team. And the new team for the icing, obviously.

P.S : this is also true in case of bad results, of course.
    P.S (2) : kill me softly, please.

Edit: (FTR) I really believe Croon is (was, in May) a neat acquisition, both for pushing BBM as an effortless extension for external social communication and generate some revenue. Last but not least, let's not forget the enterprise centric strategy, where internal communication and ESN (Enterprise Social Network) is still searching for a secure, efficient and mobile ready platform.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-27-13 at 05:29 PM.
    11-27-13 02:46 AM
    For the most part, however we could see a partnership agreement or something of the sort from John Chen that the previous group would not have done. Also, it will be interesting to see if marketing will do anything. They seem to be sitting out Black Friday while Samsung and Apple have quite a bit going on.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-27-13 05:03 AM
    I agree, with you Super, unless they do something really dramatic. Such as kill off BB10.
    11-27-13 07:01 AM
    They'll try to sell stickers on BBM to make money on it. Maybe even stick in some ads on BBM Channels.
    11-27-13 08:14 AM
    They'll try to sell stickers on BBM to make money on it. Maybe even stick in some ads on BBM Channels.
    They never let us test how they would implement ads on channel beta.This will probably be implemented badly with no user input.
    11-27-13 10:25 AM
    They never let us test how they would implement ads on channel beta.This will probably be implemented badly with no user input.
    As far as I remember, ads are not an option anywhere on BBM .
    Monetization will come from back-office community management services (aka Scroon) and featured channels, IMHO.
    11-27-13 12:00 PM
    Exiting from hardware biz. Based on recent management shake up

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 05:13 PM
    Anything can happen.

Better android than android. The future is black....
    11-27-13 09:33 PM
    Anything can happen.

Better android than android. The future is black....
    "better android than android" sounds like a great ad campaign!
    11-28-13 11:19 AM
    For the most part, however we could see a partnership agreement or something of the sort from John Chen that the previous group would not have done. Also, it will be interesting to see if marketing will do anything. They seem to be sitting out Black Friday while Samsung and Apple have quite a bit going on.
    If blackberry participated in black Friday the handsets would be free. Of course they r sitting out

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:48 AM
    A bold claim to make, and one that will be met with embarrassment if blackberry made it, because of course, whoever coined this phrase was in crack. No pun intended.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and Tre Lawrence like this.
    11-28-13 11:48 AM
    They hung out with Rob Ford...

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 07:16 PM
    A bold claim to make, and one that will be met with embarrassment if blackberry made it, because of course, whoever coined this phrase was in crack. No pun intended.

Posted via CB10
    Especially considering the public clearly thinks better android than bb10. These sort of slogans pop up around here a lot. It's why we're the **** of all other mobile forums jokes. There's a bubble here. People in it think they understand what's outside. Not realizing the bubble has warped the view.
    amjass12 and techvisor like this.
    11-29-13 02:07 AM
    Especially considering the public clearly thinks better android than bb10. These sort of slogans pop up around here a lot. It's why we're the **** of all other mobile forums jokes. There's a bubble here. People in it think they understand what's outside. Not realizing the bubble has warped the view.
    Agree.
    Android runtime thing shouldn't be advertised nor understood as anything but a feature, a bonus, a plus (bad tongue may say a 'failover').
    I'm excited this is available (and still wonder if other platforms could be emulated somehow) but must admit I only use it to gain acces to apps missing, as it happens: my carrier free video/tv and free wifi hotspot apps.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-29-13 02:55 AM
    Agree.
    Android runtime thing shouldn't be advertised nor understood as anything but a feature, a bonus, a plus (bad tongue may say a 'failover').
    I'm excited this is available (and still wonder if other platforms could be emulated somehow) but must admit I only use it to gain acces to apps missing, as it happens: my carrier free video/tv and free wifi hotspot apps.

But notice how BBRY are very very careful to never suggest that this is for consumers, it is only discussed in the context of developers on official blogs because they are doing two things at once - they know as soon as they openly admit that it is because their ecosystem is moribund it will kill off what is left of developer support but at the same time they are winking at the hardcore that this for them to sideload their apps. I doubt it will ever feature in any adverts.
    amjass12 and m1a1mg like this.
    11-29-13 03:03 AM
    But notice how BBRY are very very careful to never suggest that this is for consumers, it is only discussed in the context of developers on official blogs because they are doing two things at once - they know as soon as they openly admit that it is because their ecosystem is moribund it will kill off what is left of developer support but at the same time they are winking at the hardcore that this for them to sideload their apps. I doubt it will ever feature in any adverts.
    Let's hear Chen in the near future.
    So far, I've only read strong commitment into AppWorld in the mouth of Alec Saunders.

My take - somehow confirmed by the fact you cannot use APKs in the work perimeter - is that they will promote "fart leisure apps" in the Android wild (and I hope they'll partner with/restrain to one or several trustable shops) while investing some mancraft and $$ to promote business/Build for BB apps (including converted Android's) in the BBWorld. As a (re-)starting point, of course.
    Then if devices sales raises, developers will come by themselves in the "high quality" area, whatever their purpose is.
    dannykavs likes this.
    11-29-13 03:42 AM
    Uncertain times for bb , and ITS a uphill battle.

Looking at wp8 and windows Rt ,Motorola and Nokia. It's a extremely tough battle .

Most likely at this 6 months time it will be worse for bb .
    11-29-13 03:46 AM
    I want to believe Chen has the brains to pull the parts together in a cohesive manner and strike some surprising deal.

Things will change in the mobile space for sure, I not sure if BlackBerry will initiate it or be part of it, it would be the greatest comeback in tech history if they did and that's enough of an incentive to wait and see, and hope.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-29-13 06:33 AM
    Now, you tell me: how this is possible it the whole story was that desastrous ? Let me guess : it wouldn't.
    Please add my unconditional hat off to M. Chen & team for this brilliant conf !

Free shout : What will happen in the next 6 months ...-capture.png
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    12-20-13 10:35 AM
    BlackBerry will do as Dyson vacuums did.....they will move all manufacturering to lands of cheap labor.......

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 11:16 AM
    while leeching off of Android app ecosystem?
    12-20-13 11:26 AM
    Now, you tell me: how this is possible it the whole story was that desastrous ? Let me guess : it wouldn't.
    That's a sugar high if ever I saw one.
    12-20-13 11:44 AM
    Certainly a good day for you. I'm glad, you certainly deserve it.

Now, about those BB10 sales?
    12-20-13 11:48 AM
    With the Foxconn deal, BBRY can also add "better Apple than Apple" to the corporate ad campaign.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-20-13 11:51 AM
    Certainly a good day for you. I'm glad, you certainly deserve it.

Now, about those BB10 sales?
    Thanks
    BB10 sales ? weak ... weaker than I thought, I must say ... by 100%
    12-20-13 11:51 AM
32 12