11-13-13 03:15 AM
263 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Yes, it is an application. However, it doesn't work because BlackBerry has specifically blacklisted certain APIs that are in there and as such it blows up during installation.

This has been attempted, incidentally, including by some, uh.... motivated people....
    If BlackBerry themselves were going to implement it, then they would be able to open up these APIs needed for the hulk of Google Play Store applications. I don't think they need things like changing keyboards and such. It does have to be sandboxed, after all, to maintain the integrity of the superior security.

Posted via my Z30.
    11-09-13 05:52 PM
    I don't want to **** on anyone's parade but these are not real. End of story. Logic should have dictated that no one would buy this nonsense on page 1...yet here we are proving PT Barnum correct.

1. Many, many current android applications do not and will not work in BB10. This alone should tell most folks that this is not real. If any BB10 phone accessed the Play store, what would it identify as? Apps are tested against a full android OS. BB has a partial runtime, not a full Android OS.

2. There are literally dozens of APIs which BB has not opened to android ports. Things like Bluetooth support.

3. Google would need to ask each and every application maker whether they want to allow BB10 devices to download their apps. The developer would then have to test to make sure the app works in BB10. If developers were going to do this, they would have done so already.

Seriously. We all would like to believe that just by clicking like on a facebook page we are feeding starving kids or helping soldiers, but it's just not true. Same here. We'd like to believe that 10.2.1 will allow access to PlayStore, but it is not happening. Not now. Not soon.
    mrfreeze and Kris Simundson like this.
    11-09-13 06:24 PM
    You display the screenshot on the phone before taking a photo. Fingerprints and smudges will remain.
    Oh I see what is being said... I misinterpreted what I read. That would work, and much easier.

Reminds me of old pranks I used to pull at work. I'd take a screenshot of a buddy's computer, delete his desktop icons, then change his wallpaper to the screenshot. Then wait until he freaked out when his desktop icons didn't work.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Nugzie likes this.
    11-09-13 06:33 PM
    People care about apps, native or not it won't bother them.

Of course not! If the Andoid apps sell no dev will even bother making it native. It's that simple.
    11-09-13 07:35 PM
    Built for BlackBerry can't save the sinking ship, PlayStore can.

One serious question : What would happen to BLACKBERRY WORLD once google play becomes available to everyone ?? I think it is a totally wrong move by RIM to allow Google Play store on BB10 . Instead they can just make android sideloading easier without conversion ( ie with the apk directly ) .
    With the introduction of Play Store in BB10 , I am sure even the "BUILT FOR BB10" developers will start ignoring BB10 . And also we are compromising the security of the whole BB10 ecosystem because Google Play is filled with malware and unlike BB World , it is un-moderated .
    So basically it looks like blackberry is nailing its own coffin .
    11-09-13 07:39 PM
    Time will tell if the images are real or not. This won't be a bad thing for the BB app gap at all though if it were real
    I was telling this from the beginning - they should have worked this out with Google, in return for some patent cross-licensing offer.
    11-09-13 07:50 PM
    People care about apps, native or not it won't bother them.
    That's simply not true. People care about apps, first and foremost but if it's available in native BB10 they will pick that over any Android because it practically ALWAYS RUNS BETTER.
    I was advocating having PS on Z10 from day #1, providing an easy transition to all new (ex-Android/iOS) users as well as time for BB App World to catch up comfortably over a period of 2-3 years.
    11-09-13 07:54 PM
    I would support downloading native apps, but a lot of users don't care as long as they have a running app be it Android port or native. I find bringing PlayStore to BB10 will solve the app issue IF the apps run well in BB10. People like you can choose native apps while others can simply be happy with the android port. Good day.

That's simply not true. People care about apps, first and foremost but if it's available in native BB10 they will pick that over any Android because it practically ALWAYS RUNS BETTER.
    I was advocating having PS on Z10 from day #1, providing an easy transition to all new (ex-Android/iOS) users as well as time for BB App World to catch up comfortably over a period of 2-3 years.
    11-09-13 08:04 PM
    Does the average user know and/or care what "native" means. If they find out that BlackBerry 10 can now run every Android app via the Play Store they won't care if its a BB native app or not. They now know they can get virtually any app they want. Plus if migt help convert people who liked BB10 but were on the fence due to the app issue.
    arvind1983 likes this.
    11-09-13 09:18 PM
    Reminds me of old pranks I used to pull at work. I'd take a screenshot of a buddy's computer, delete his desktop icons, then change his wallpaper to the screenshot. Then wait until he freaked out when his desktop icons didn't work.

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Hopefully you weren't mean enough to actually delete them but just send them to the Recycle Bin.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 10:06 PM
    Hahahahahahahaha!!! Hopefully you weren't mean enough to actually delete them but just send them to the Recycle Bin.

Posted via CB10
    Used to do that with the dos prompt. Prompt=press any key to format drive c:
    southlander likes this.
    11-09-13 10:21 PM
    Oh my god, look at what I just found on the internet!

Attachment 218913

Could it be? Are they really bringing Google Play Store to OS7?
    I especially like the touch with the fingerprints. It's kind of like the guy how posted the video of his Playbook running WP8.

This certainly can be done through manipulation. But, like I said before, is it really worth the time for the hoax factor? The answer, based on your post turns out to be yes! Nicely played!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    11-09-13 11:39 PM
    In the 3rd pic it looks like the movie icons extend under the bezel, you can see the white spacing between them and the 2 in grown ups.

Could be an optical illusion.
    I heard that David Blaine posted the pics.

h20work likes this.
    11-09-13 11:41 PM
    It's been 3 weeks since Thor's announcement.
    Does anyone know what's going on?

h20work and TheScionicMan like this.
    11-09-13 11:56 PM
    Maybe.... Can you add grimy fingerprint marks and dust to make it authentic....
    Where is the filthy screen though?
    One difference between the original and others so far is no one has duplicated the greasy screen and there is no black border on the app store. Every pic since has one no matter how small.

Posted by CB10 on a Z10
    challenge accepted
    Found these online... Pics of Play Store on Z10-img_5495.jpg
    Found these online... Pics of Play Store on Z10-img_5496.jpg
    Last edited by dracolnyte; 11-10-13 at 12:29 AM.
    h20work and SlcCorrado like this.
    11-10-13 12:15 AM
    Okay, you can do that,but what's the use you still have to go through the charade of downloading apk's and converting em into bar and install via pc. ( mobile bar installers don't seem to work for me)

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:32 AM
    I especially like the touch with the fingerprints. It's kind of like the guy how posted the video of his Playbook running WP8.

This certainly can be done through manipulation. But, like I said before, is it really worth the time for the hoax factor? The answer, based on your post turns out to be yes! Nicely played!

Fingerprints? How would displaying a screenshot change the fingerprints on your screen, haha
    11-10-13 12:34 AM
    Seriously easy to fake (though I've seen it with my own eyes so I know its really coming) by just creating an app with an ImageView the size of the window, and loading a screenshot of Google Play from an Android device. Name it "Play Store" and sideload it. It will show as a fully integrated app as, well, it is an app.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-10-13 04:45 AM
    Okay, you can do that,but what's the use you still have to go through the charade of downloading apk's and converting em into bar and install via pc. ( mobile bar installers don't seem to work for me)

Posted via CB10
    Rumour is install directly from play store, install the app, use it :P

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    11-10-13 05:41 AM
    I find this claim the most interesting. Google has prevented others from doing exactly what is being proposed here for BB10:
    Alibaba: Google just plain wrong about our OS | Mobile - CNET News

If this really happens I'd expect that Google would likely execute a similar strategy on other fledging OSes (Tizen anyone?). I would expect the OHA to have a big problem with this as well. Google has to play by the rules as well as enforcing them, or watch Android fall apart to a number of forks.
    Exactly.
    This has been pointed out before
    (http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=870951) but as usual, it falls on deaf ears. There is no way Google will breach the rules of the OHA.

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    11-10-13 05:52 AM
    lets say that this is true for arguments sake... im still skeptical that one could just download an app and away they go... i have had so many problems with android apps such as, not even opening in the first place, app closes as soon as splash screen loads... apps such as line give me an error when trying video calls .. so no video calls there.. snapchat, as well as many other apps dont give you notifications when the app is closed...

i dont see how this fixes the problem.. its just a non sideloading way of getting android apps on the bb10.. they still wont work properly...
    11-10-13 05:53 AM
    lets say that this is true for arguments sake... im still skeptical that one could just download an app and away they go... i have had so many problems with android apps such as, not even opening in the first place, app closes as soon as splash screen loads... apps such as line give me an error when trying video calls .. so no video calls there.. snapchat, as well as many other apps dont give you notifications when the app is closed...

i dont see how this fixes the problem.. its just a non sideloading way of getting android apps on the bb10.. they still wont work properly...
    and half baked, half workign apps they would be for that matter... so does it really solve the app problem?? only if you will settle for less.. but at 37 pounds a month for my contract and a z10.. i dont expect a half a**ed eco system with apps that dont work properly... why would anybody bother... i mean i wouldnt just put it down to a lack of marketing for the reason the world isnt adopting bb10... it also boild down to the platform, and blackberry are not helping themselves here
    11-10-13 05:57 AM
    woops, meant to press edit on the last post to add that last bit in
    11-10-13 05:58 AM
    Oh I see what is being said... I misinterpreted what I read. That would work, and much easier.

As a sender and receiver of pranks, next time, just right click and then select to hide the desktop icons. You'll get the same effect and the retribution will be less physical
    h20work likes this.
    11-10-13 06:20 AM
    Rumour is install directly from play store, install the app, use it :P

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    Then The purpose of having different app stores for different OS's is lost.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:44 AM
263 ... 678910 ...