11-13-13 03:15 AM
263 ... 891011
tools
    You know. I call bs. Google has to approve devices that have access to the play store. They will never allow this. For one BlackBerry is part of the patent trolls at rockstar suing goole.Their just putting off the inevitable.
    Like someone said earlier (although it could have been a different thread), it's business, not spy vs. spy. Everyone is suing everyone. Samsung and Apple are embroiled in multiple lawsuits but Samsung still sells them components.

Also, There, Their, and They're Usage Cheat Sheet - wikiHow
    Elite1 likes this.
    11-10-13 02:33 PM
    Like someone said earlier (although it could have been a different thread), it's business, not spy vs. spy. Everyone is suing everyone. Samsung and Apple are embroiled in multiple lawsuits but Samsung still sells them components.

Also, There, Their, and They're Usage Cheat Sheet - wikiHow
    In business, there are no morals. If it makes them money, they do it.

Unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 03:00 PM
    Ok so everyone is saying tat is part of the open alliance with that said it looks like it's closer to being a true story..

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    11-10-13 04:37 PM
    Why get native? Just sideload it! It works as smooth as netflix!
    Found these online... Pics of Play Store on Z10-play-store.png
    Bilaal likes this.
    11-10-13 05:29 PM
    How's the downloading working out via Play?
    11-10-13 05:53 PM
    Can you download and install apps? How are they running?
    11-10-13 06:04 PM
    You know. I call bs. Google has to approve devices that have access to the play store. They will never allow this. For one BlackBerry is part of the patent trolls at rockstar suing goolge. Their just putting off the inevitable.
    Suing Google doesn't mean Google won't do any business with BlackBerry.
    After all, apple sued Samsung and Samsung was their largest provider of their screen for the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:06 PM
    Suing Google doesn't mean Google won't do any business with BlackBerry.
    After all, apple sued Samsung and Samsung was their largest provider of their screen for the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    And hard drive and I think camera... or was that sony

11-10-13 06:11 PM
    Can you download and install apps? How are they running?
    Nope. I'm running a newer leak runtime and it seems that they didn't blacklist.

You can comment on already downloaded apps but you can't download

Posted via CB10
    BravoZuluDelta and mrfreeze like this.
    11-10-13 07:54 PM
    Nope. I'm running a newer leak runtime and it seems that they didn't blacklist.

You can comment on already downloaded apps but you can't download

Posted via CB10
    That seems to support the rumour then. I don't see why they would remove the blacklist otherwise, unless they completely rebuilt the runtime from the ground up and forgot to put it back in.
    11-10-13 08:09 PM
    That seems to support the rumour then. I don't see why they would remove the blacklist otherwise, unless they completely rebuilt the runtime from the ground up and forgot to put it back in.
    Don't know. But the rumors are saying it'll be native. Only time with tell if it'll be android of native but if I were them, I'd make it native

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:15 PM
    Who exactly is Wigley anyhow? Is this person a trusted source?

Edit: I know, co-founder of BerryLeaks, but where does the info come from?

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    Kris, formerly of BB Leaks, told us Instagram was coming natively a while back.............................................. ....
    11-10-13 08:18 PM
    Kris, formerly of BB Leaks, told us Instagram was coming natively a while back.............................................. ....
    And it was. But then Instagram changed their decision and decided not to because the numbers just didn't support it. Isn't that right?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:00 PM
    In business, there are no morals. If it makes them money, they do it.

Unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    Lack of morals in business is called greed.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    Last edited by trsbbs; 11-11-13 at 05:50 AM.
    11-10-13 10:28 PM
    11-10-13 11:50 PM
    And it was. But then Instagram changed their decision and decided not to because the numbers just didn't support it. Isn't that right?

Posted via CB10
    Correct, and I can't believe I read through 24 pages of this crap to see someone bring up IG.

Hmmm how long did it take WP8 to get it? With the 3rd party clients for IG popping up on BB10, it'll only be a matter of time till the native version is full blown.

So to add to this fuel on GPlay store. If BBRY manages to bring this over, wouldn't they in turn be screwing over devs that build things like BlackGram or iGrann?

I mean, if you get a new to BB customer who's sold a device based on the premise of access to the android app catalog, well than hell they'll go for the IG or the Vine or the games from the GPlay store.

And if they dont work flawlessly out of the gate, than its another dissatisfied customer. Oh but wait, just go to the BB app store and download a 3rd party client that's native. Because yes, your average consumer wants 2 stores for all their app needs.

Hell, even I think its stupid to have two app stores on one device. So in the end, it's more pissed off and annoyed customers.

Who could've spent the same money on a already solid OS on a device 2-3times better in specs for the same cost. Aka S4 vs Z30.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    anon721037 likes this.
    11-11-13 12:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe. Depends on who and what you're willing to believe anymore.
    11-11-13 02:00 AM
    The Samsung GS2 which I gave away had "Samsung Apps" on it - which was what I considered a Samsung store.

Z10 via CB10
    11-11-13 02:03 AM
    The Samsung GS2 which I gave away had "Samsung Apps" on it - which was what I considered a Samsung store.

Z10 via CB10
    Exactly. Samsung have Google Play and their own app store to ensure Google can't screw them over. By my reckoning, that's two app stores on one device.

Wonder if Kris still thinks that's stupid?

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    11-11-13 04:20 AM
    Exactly. Samsung have Google Play and their own app store to ensure Google can't screw them over. By my reckoning, that's two app stores on one device.

You can have two apps stores - what you can't do is run a fork of android or something that is not 'core' android and still have the app store - moreover, you can't even get someone who is part of the OHA to build your android fork or run it.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-11-13 05:18 AM
    I love the Hub and the gestures. I want the apps. People will buy this phone if the apps are there!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:56 AM
    You can have two apps stores - what you can't do is run a fork of android or something that is not 'core' android and still have the app store - moreover, you can't even get someone who is part of the OHA to build your android fork or run it.
    Why would they need someone in OHA to build it for them when TAT is part of OHA. So they are part of it so is BlackBerry

11-11-13 07:08 AM

Samsung's app store is a blantant rip of junk apps from GPlay. Its completely different. In the end they're all android apps.

anon721037 likes this.
    11-11-13 07:17 AM
    Samsung's app store is a blantant rip of junk apps from GPlay. Its completely different. In the end they're all android apps.

No offence meant.

Not sure Kris, what exactly you want or would have done for BlackBerry 10 to be successful in app store terms. Developers aren't ready to come to BlackBerry and there is big pressure of cost and cash already been used a bit.

Windows 8 also is facing same but since MS has so much cash that they can offer to developers. But still it's not so much working.

Posted via my last BlackBerry Device- Loyalty expects loyalty.
    moody likes this.
    11-11-13 08:24 AM
    No offence meant.

Not sure Kris, what exactly you want or would have done for BlackBerry 10 to be successful in app store terms. Developers aren't ready to come to BlackBerry and there is big pressure of cost and cash already been used a bit.

Windows 8 also is facing same but since MS has so much cash that they can offer to developers. But still it's not so much working.

Posted via my last BlackBerry Device- Loyalty expects loyalty.
    IG coming to WP8 had very little to do with cash, but rather the fact they were sick of 3rd party clients. They saw the demand, the user base is steadily growing so it makes sense. And the same will happen for BB10

anon721037 likes this.
    11-11-13 08:28 AM
263 ... 891011