Former RIM (Research In Motion, ie. Blackberry) employee, AMA : IAmA

Click the link above. Some interesting stuff right there.
    sg8330 likes this.
    07-04-11 08:46 PM
    I just left a little over a week ago
    I've been back and forth there over the past year due to different circumstances, health, personal ect. This time around it was kind of a messy situation. It was a mutual termination of my employment. I wasn't being treated fairly, and they didn't feel I was dedicated enough
    Sounds like he was laid off.
    07-04-11 09:00 PM
    This dood sounds like a .... Could not read most of the babble.
    07-04-11 09:04 PM
    I couldn't get past the moron's screen name....next!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 09:10 PM
    Whenever someone claims they left their employer under the guise of "mutual termination"- they were fired.
    07-04-11 09:15 PM
    "apparently" they are releasing completely new software within the next year. I don't know how true this is, but if it's true, they may improve their product exponentially
    haha thats an awesome quote, i mean lets face it theres no doubt QNX is coming, yet this ex employee isnt sure? also called the torch the javelin, erm thats the 8900 i believe
    07-04-11 09:33 PM
    Apart from a few comments from rimvet this ama sounded like it was from a low level employee that should have been fired long ago
    07-04-11 09:59 PM
    he stated 14.00 per hour. That would put him at Triage level. T1 is about 36000/year and T2 was 42000. 42000 worked out to about 20.00 per hour. So the salary sounds correct for the positions he was indicating.
    sg8330 likes this.
    07-04-11 10:05 PM
    "They didn't feel I was dedicated enough"
    LOL
    Sour grapes from a fired lazy employee.
    CGI likes this.
    07-04-11 10:55 PM
    I wonder if that employee, who is complaining about how much RIM sucks, appreciates the irony that their firing is exactly that type of stuff that RIM needs to be doing; i.e. getting rid of under performing employees and making themselves as nimble and as good as possible.
    07-04-11 11:56 PM
    I wonder if that employee, who is complaining about how much RIM sucks, appreciates the irony that their firing is exactly that type of stuff that RIM needs to be doing; i.e. getting rid of under performing employees and making themselves as nimble and as good as possible.
    I agree with that. Cut the slackers and possibly, warn future ones so they don't flunk it up. Oh, he did sound kind of drunk in that reddit thing, explains the grammer, OR it wasn't an employee at all. Probably some fanboi or just a somebody I don't even care to know. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 04:10 AM
    If someone is a member of Reddit, can you please copy paste the article? i'm not terribly interested in signing up to the site.
    07-05-11 12:20 PM
    If someone is a member of Reddit, can you please copy paste the article? i'm not terribly interested in signing up to the site.
    I read it and did not sign up......
    07-05-11 12:34 PM
    I read it and did not sign up......
    Weird, I'm only able to see the comments posted, not the original post.
    07-05-11 02:15 PM
    "They didn't feel I was dedicated enough"
    LOL
    Sour grapes from a fired lazy employee.
    Hehehe, yep... right.
    07-05-11 02:20 PM
    Weird, I'm only able to see the comments posted, not the original post.
    Reddit is a site where people upvote and downvote links which correlates to their rank on the site (i.e. higher ranked links appear closer to the front page). In this case the ex-RIM employee is saying he will answer any questions (AMA = ask me anything)... the link goes straight to the comments because it is only comments aside from the blurb he gives explaining himself at the top of the page. Any answers he gives to the comments (questions in this case as it is an AMA) are easily visible since he is the original poster and therefore his username in the comments will appear blue.
    TheMimic likes this.
    07-05-11 05:02 PM
    how about I just go on every website and claim to be a rim employee and complain about the same sh*t everyone complains about in large corporations and write a bunch of letters claiming I'm a RIM executive or former employee and regurgitate the same sh*t that every "doom and gloom" and "87 difference things RIM needs to do to survive" article on the web?
    07-06-11 12:55 PM
    Yup....that's what BGR is cashing in on.
    07-06-11 01:01 PM
    Even if this was legit it's pointless... Anything that you would want to actually know would be under NDA so he can't actually "answer anything".
    07-06-11 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD