06-02-15 11:44 AM
    hopefully the QNX system is better than the MS one!
    06-02-15 11:54 AM
    hopefully the QNX system is better than the MS one!
    That's a pretty easy target to hit. M$ sync was always one of the lowest rated car infotainment systems.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    06-02-15 12:03 PM
    That's a pretty easy target to hit. M$ sync was always one of the lowest rated car infotainment systems.

Posted via CB10
    I will never buy a car again with Microsoft in it.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 11:33 PM
    Dont really want a ford! Hopefully another maker will have it available in the near future

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-03-15 12:16 AM
    Dont really want a ford! Hopefully another maker will have it available in the near future.
    No other maker is going to have Ford Sync v3 (LOL), but most car manufacturers are already using QNX for their auto middleware, so it shouldn't be hard to find one that does. Ford, GM, and Chrysler all use QNX, for example, though they all have written their own custom user-facing UI for it.
    06-03-15 05:11 PM
    Agreed. QNX should have little trouble raising the very low bar that was Windows Embedded (aka Microsoft Sync).
    06-03-15 05:12 PM
    Dont really want a ford! Hopefully another maker will have it available in the near future

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    You can get that new Maserati!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    06-04-15 03:48 PM
    Agreed. QNX should have little trouble raising the very low bar that was Windows Embedded (aka Microsoft Sync).
    It's really weird how the richest and one of the largest software companies in the world is unable to produce something competitive in this area. Why do they even bother if they aren't serious about it?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-07-15 06:42 AM
    So the new trend is to use the car's in-dash screen to display one's phone apps.

As long as it is phone agnostic, I'm ok with it but when car makers start catering to certain phones, that's never a good thing and I won't support it with my $$$$.
    06-07-15 08:41 AM
    So the new trend is to use the car's in-dash screen to display one's phone apps.

As long as it is phone agnostic, I'm ok with it but when car makers start catering to certain phones, that's never a good thing and I won't support it with my $$$$.
    I agree..."here is our brand new 2016 ".."Can I use it with my phone?".."Yes you sure can..as long as you have an iPhone". That is stupid!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    06-07-15 08:58 AM

Right but BlackBerry won't add Mirrorlink support to BB10 to be able to leverage in car connectivity. It is a standard protocol that most systems support, and BlackBerry won't add it. I guess it is too consumer for them, or they plan to kill BB10 soon.

Posted via Z30
    06-07-15 10:08 AM
    It's really weird how the richest and one of the largest software companies in the world is unable to produce something competitive in this area. Why do they even bother if they aren't serious about it?
    Sync (2) is not just Microsoft product like Sync 3 won't be just BB (QNX) product. Ford is guilty for big part of problems with Sync (2). I am interested if Fords made Sync 3 will be better product.
    AluminiumRims likes this.
    06-07-15 07:52 PM