08-04-14 03:36 PM
145 ... 456
tools
    If moving from BES to BES10 were a simple software patch....
    If BlackBerry hadn't had a two day shutdown that kill all BlackBerries a couple of years ago and identified a weakness in being reliant on one vendor....
    If BlackBerry hadn't gone up for SALE....
    If BBRY wasn't so depressed and vulnerable to a buyout, they could easily lead to a shutdown of some services or at least a change in operations....

Then sure it's crazy for any business not to consider them...
    Man these excuses are getting real tiresome. How did Apple ever make it into the millennium with all the mistakes they were doing losing market share left, right and center.

Hold onto this list cause when all else fails you can always keep pulling it out...

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000 likes this.
    07-31-14 04:03 PM
    Man these excuses are getting real tiresome. How did Apple ever make it into the millennium with all the mistakes they were doing losing market share left, right and center.

Hold onto this list cause when all else fails you can always keep pulling it out...

Posted via CB10

You called Ford stupid for their decision.

I'm just pointing to what maybe the reasons that they and other business and governments "might" be leaving BlackBerry.... yes they are tiresome reasons. But regardless of how tiresome they are, do you not think that a CFO doesn't consider them? Many here think BlackBerry is already firmly on the road to recovery... but most CFO's don't come to CrackBerry or believe every word coming out of a CEO's mouth (even their own). They look at the finical statements on a company and what the dreaded analyst have to say (not seeking alpha).

Yes security is important... but it isn't exclusive to the decision making process.

As for Apple, they made it into the millennium with a lot of help from Bill Gates... and because they recognized an opportunity during the MP3 music craze that Napster brought on. So they created a DEVICE and an ECOSYSTEM... the two together were a hit with consumers. But they were focused on consumers, and they have continued to build on that device and that original ecosystem. Along with their experience in the PC/MAC war... it's all about the ecosystem. But most all business I know of tend to hire consumers to work for them, and those consumers tend to influence what goes on....
    08-01-14 11:07 AM
    You called Ford stupid for their decision.

I'm just pointing to what maybe the reasons that they and other business and governments "might" be leaving BlackBerry.... yes they are tiresome reasons. But regardless of how tiresome they are, do you not think that a CFO doesn't consider them? Many here think BlackBerry is already firmly on the road to recovery... but most CFO's don't come to CrackBerry or believe every word coming out of a CEO's mouth (even their own). They look at the finical statements on a company and what the dreaded analyst have to say (not seeking alpha).

Yes security is important... but it isn't exclusive to the decision making process.

As for Apple, they made it into the millennium with a lot of help from Bill Gates... and because they recognized an opportunity during the MP3 music craze that Napster brought on. So they created a DEVICE and an ECOSYSTEM... the two together were a hit with consumers. But they were focused on consumers, and they have continued to build on that device and that original ecosystem. Along with their experience in the PC/MAC war... it's all about the ecosystem. But most all business I know of tend to hire consumers to work for them, and those consumers tend to influence what goes on....
    Good point re: the ecosystem lesson Apple was forced to learn in the PC/Mac war.
    08-01-14 11:09 AM
    Ecosystem? Really. IOS ecosystem is Mickey Mouse. Great for kids.

I am confident that Bb is working on developing an ecosystem with blend that is secure, professional and efficient.

Again that is my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-01-14 11:14 AM

I am confident that Bb is working on developing an ecosystem with blend that is secure, professional and efficient.

Posted via CB10
    LOL.
    08-01-14 12:05 PM

I don't know that you can accurately label the ecosystem with the most apps geared towards professional occupations as "Mickey Mouse".
    techvisor, m1a1mg, Bsbudd and 7 others like this.
    08-01-14 12:11 PM
    This is proof in point that the majority of corporate phones are basically personal devices the company provides as a perk. Might take a call or two on or read an email but that's about all the work that gets done on it. Speaking from experience here

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and all those ***** employees who take that work phone home and load it with all their personal apps and files. Then their corporate IT managers can track and have access to their online activities.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 12:16 PM
    Folks, as I have said in a few of my post. This is great for corporate America, the BYOD program is exactly what they wanted.

Why should they spend their hard earned capital on new devices when they can simply have their employees use their own personal phones and not have to spend a dime???

This is best profitable idea I have seen in a while and most of the employees are to stupid to figure it out.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    Many large companies provide a stipend if you BYOD. It doesn't cost the employee extra and they get the phone of their choice.
    08-01-14 09:28 PM
    LOL!!! You forgot the inevitable call to "Boycott Ford!"

It is freakin' entertaining, no?
    Too late for me. Just picked this up 3 weeks ago...
    Ford dropping BlackBerry for iPhones?-img_20140711_172609.jpg

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    08-02-14 01:10 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140711_172609.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	288441

Lovely piece of kit.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    08-02-14 02:18 AM
    Lovely piece of kit.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    Thanks! I came to my senses and realized that where I live, we get enough snow that a 4x4 makes more sense than a sport coupe...
    08-02-14 02:51 AM
    I LUV a big truck....but see I'm a country girl at heart.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    08-02-14 04:49 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140711_172609.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	288441

Nice ride there! Beautiful looking truck. I know what it's like to own a vehicle built to be tough, yet you'll cringe whenever the possibility of scratching it crops up.
    08-02-14 06:37 AM
    Nice ride there! Beautiful looking truck. I know what it's like to own a vehicle built to be tough, yet you'll cringe whenever the possibility of scratching it crops up.
    Thanks! I took this pic at the dealership when I took delivery. It's already got one ding, though. A few days after picking it up I drove down the Alaska Highway to Edmonton for a conference (about 1,200 miles), and when I was driving through oilpatch country a rig service truck kicked up a rock about the size of a fist that hit near the top of the windshield. Too big to repair, but it's out of my line of sight when I'm driving anyway.

*sigh*

Aside from that, it's a beautiful truck. And Ford Sync works perfectly with my Z30.
    08-02-14 12:25 PM
    Thanks! I took this pic at the dealership when I took delivery. It's already got one ding, though. A few days after picking it up I drove down the Alaska Highway to Edmonton for a conference (about 1,200 miles), and when I was driving through oilpatch country a rig service truck kicked up a rock about the size of a fist that hit near the top of the windshield. Too big to repair, but it's out of my line of sight when I'm driving anyway.

*sigh*

Aside from that, it's a beautiful truck. And Ford Sync works perfectly with my Z30.
    Does the windshield have a sticker in the corner that says Kansas City assembly? Or Dearborn Truck Plant?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    08-02-14 05:37 PM
    Does the windshield have a sticker in the corner that says Kansas City assembly? Or Dearborn Truck Plant?

It's out of the Dearborn plant.

With the new aluminum-based F-150 coming out in the fall, the current model is available for some pretty decent discounts. I got this one for about 20% off list.

I don't actually drive a lot. My commute is only about 5 miles and I try to bike that when I can, so I don't rack up a lot of miles. The plan is to drive this one for 4 years then get one of the lighter new-gen once after they've had a few years to work the bugs out.
    08-03-14 01:49 PM
    Well you have the better of the two, so that's good

I work for Ford but drive GM, trust me on this... lol

08-03-14 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Quite right. Tools, not toys...
    08-04-14 07:53 AM
    Quite right. Tools, not toys...
    If you say it three times and click your heels together.....
    08-04-14 08:34 AM
    If you say it three times and click your heels together.....
    Literally choked just now....
    08-04-14 03:36 PM
145 ... 456