08-04-14 04:36 PM
145 ... 3456
tools
    Well, Ford can just go copulate elsewhere.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-30-14 05:08 PM
    Their loss! Glad I don't work for or drive a Ford! QNX all the way!
    Is it their loss or is it BlackBerry's? Come on. Obviously BlackBerry is losing out.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    techvisor, TGR1, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    07-30-14 06:25 PM
    Well, Ford can just go copulate elsewhere.
    If I'm having a bad day at work I love coming here and reading the silly comments of the BlackBerry fanaticals. Way too funny. It has to be better than anti-depressants!

Ragbert, mikeo007, TGR1 and 3 others like this.
    07-30-14 06:29 PM
    I work for Ford corporate , everyone i have seen carry basic Verizon flip phones, not even smart phones...

Unless there are a small hyper elite that use BlackBerry phones, i haven't seen any in the last 4 years...

Ford indicates that the iPhones are replacing their Blackberry flip phones. Did Blackberry ever make a Flip Phone? And if Blackberry did, would all of Ford's thousands of Blackberries they are replacing be flip phones? Or is the car company that brought us the Pinto and Fairmount confused again?

As a side note, I loved my Sanyo flip phone. Uber reliable, well built and the battery lasted forever.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    07-30-14 08:37 PM
    okay.... in the previous post the first two paragraphs were Jasonvan9's and the last 3 were mine....ooops
    07-30-14 08:38 PM
    They choose the Edsel! My god really. Wish them well as they clunk along.
    xBURK likes this.
    07-30-14 08:43 PM
    But do business opt for BES as a MDM solution when there are no BlackBerries???
    Yes, they do. I've witnessed many companies use BES but allow BYOD.
    Since BYOD took off, it's been BlackBerry's primary focus - cross platform compatibility.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:03 PM
    Let's look for ford's secrets and eavesdrop on them regularly haha! No security for ford

Z10
    Ok. Why don't you get right on that? Let us know how it goes.
    07-30-14 11:05 PM
    Guess they just went Patriotic on 4th July and took the call ;-)

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    07-31-14 02:53 AM
    I know that Hartmann AG, Volkswagen AG is still using the old BlackBerry phones (purchase departament etc. ) because of their signature (sent from my BlackBerry)
    So i decided to change my mobile email signature into : BlackBerry 10 so they can look at the nice blue font and think about BlackBerry 10 and maybe someday when an IT Admin asks them to change their phones they choose BlackBerry 10 instead of iphones or droids
    Thats my little help for BlackBerry in Germany

Posted via Q10Bold
    07-31-14 03:02 AM
    A Ford spokeswoman has meanwhile given a statement on why they made that decision. And when you read between the lines she basically says something like "iPhones meet our employees needs better because they're sufficient for their business use, are easier to use and more fun during breaks and afterhours".

.....so it's basically as always and nothing new. Let's move on.
    07-31-14 05:36 AM
    About 6,000 employees will receive iPhones over the next two years, replacing flip phones, she said.

Lol, just 3% of their total workforce and upgrading from what? Flip phones! Sounds like production worker supervisors...etc. Ford is just testing the waters.
    07-31-14 06:40 AM
    I read the article. They adopted multiple platforms for their security. It was bound to happen.
    07-31-14 06:50 AM
    As BlackBerry faithful everyone thinks that security should be everyone's number one concern because that's what BlackBerry has to offer. Unfortunately, security alone isn't enough. Companies are looking for the full package.

Agree to this! There could be some apps that they use that runs better in iOs. Many companies are also doing now their own apps and if majority of there BYOD are iphones and android then it would make sense to make apps for those.

via Q10
    07-31-14 07:13 AM
    Agree to this! There could be some apps that they use that runs better in iOs. Many companies are also doing now their own apps and if majority of there BYOD are iphones and android then it would make sense to make apps for those.

via Q10
    I agree! Being clear sighted, not seeing through BlackBerry haze.

The blinded, physical keyboard loving BlackBerry fan boy is what got BlackBerry to where it is now and will not help BlackBerry get out of the hole they helped dig!

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    07-31-14 07:27 AM
    via Q10
    I agree! Being clear sighted, not seeing through BlackBerry haze.

The blinded, physical keyboard loving BlackBerry fan boy is what got BlackBerry to where it is now and will not help BlackBerry get out of the hole they helped dig!

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    Ok.. I have to weigh in here. First of all I work for one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world dealing with the Big 3 (including Ford), Honda and Toyota. I'm actually on the 50th anniversary Ford Mustang program launching right now. I can safely say that we have better tech when it comes to mobile than Ford does. We're on BlackBerries and iphones and we have zero apps developed for us in BB10/07 or iOS7 - there is no need for them. In fact, I use a BB more like a notebook not just a mobile device way more than anyone here with an iphone. You know why? Because they can't - iOS is not as flexible as BB10 - fact. I can almost guarantee that Ford has no mobile programs written in BB or iOS7 and I can confirm that my dealings with Ford show that they definitely use flip-phones. Please if any works at Ford please weigh in here.

I heard a lot from these comments about members making fun of the BB fans, but the bottomline they are correct. A company should be holding security at the highest level without trying to use consumer phones in a much lesser level of security infrastructure .. and this includes a huge corporation like Ford or any other business. Is BlackBerry more expensive and harder to implement than any other MDM system - NO.. so why be stupid Ford.

Spoken like a true BB fan... why.. because for a business BB10 is simply just better...
    xBURK and jasonvan9 like this.
    07-31-14 09:33 AM
    Ok.. I have to weigh in here. First of all I work for one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world dealing with the Big 3 (including Ford), Honda and Toyota. I'm actually on the 50th anniversary Ford Mustang program launching right now. I can safely say that we have better tech when it comes to mobile than Ford does. We're on BlackBerries and iphones and we have zero apps developed for us in BB10/07 or iOS7 - there is no need for them. In fact, I use a BB more like a notebook not just a mobile device way more than anyone here with an iphone. You know why? Because they can't - iOS is not as flexible as BB10 - fact. I can almost guarantee that Ford has no mobile programs written in BB or iOS7 and I can confirm that my dealings with Ford show that they definitely use flip-phones. Please if any works at Ford please weigh in here.

I heard a lot from these comments about members making fun of the BB fans, but the bottomline they are correct. A company should be holding security at the highest level without trying to use consumer phones in a much lesser level of security infrastructure .. and this includes a huge corporation like Ford or any other business. Is BlackBerry more expensive and harder to implement than any other MDM system - NO.. so why be stupid Ford.

Spoken like a true BB fan... why.. because for a business BB10 is simply just better...
    Maybe BB10 devices could not give then the overall experience Fitted needs at this point?

If the current situation doesn't work, I'm sure they'll give BBRY a chance.
    07-31-14 09:41 AM
    Maybe BB10 devices could not give then the overall experience Fitted needs at this point?

If the current situation doesn't work, I'm sure they'll give BBRY a chance.
    In all honesty, I don't think they've given BB10 a chance.. but I'd really like to have someone who works at Ford to weigh in here.. I don't like making assumptions... in my small circle in my dealings with Ford, I've only seen the Verizon flip phones...
    07-31-14 10:04 AM
    In all honesty, I don't think they've given BB10 a chance.. but I'd really like to have someone who works at Ford to weigh in here.. I don't like making assumptions... in my small circle in my dealings with Ford, I've only seen the Verizon flip phones...
    Give BB10 a chance. Are you serious? You think a company should spend money and time to tryout a device or platform?

Let's get real here. They don't have to be fair to BlackBerry and give them a chance. If the iPhone meets their needs then that's what they are going to go with.

07-31-14 10:16 AM
    Give BB10 a chance. Are you serious? You think a company should spend money and time to tryout a device or platform?

Let's get real here. They don't have to be fair to BlackBerry and give them a chance. If the iPhone meets their needs then that's what they are going to go with.

The question is are you serious?.. you must be joking right?

Are you suggesting that BB10 is unproven?.. I better run and tell my IT department.. I better call the DOD that did intensive testing on BB10 to get it approved. I better get on the horn and let the other thousands of businesses worldwide and government agencies know they're using unproven technology. Give me a break.

Frankly, I don't care what Ford uses. They can use Fisher price for all I care.. it's their choice.. it just simply not the best choice. And if you think that iphone/MDM trumps the BlackBerry infrastructure for business.. please show me the argument.. because so far I haven't seen it..

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 11:29 AM
    The question is are you serious?.. you must be joking right?

Are you suggesting that BB10 is unproven?.. I better run and tell my IT department.. I better call the DOD that did intensive testing on BB10 to get it approved. I better get on the horn and let the other thousands of businesses worldwide and government agencies know they're using unproven technology. Give me a break.

Frankly, I don't care what Ford uses. They can use Fisher price for all I care.. it's their choice.. it just simply not the best choice. And if you think that iphone/MDM trumps the BlackBerry infrastructure for business.. please show me the argument.. because so far I haven't seen it..

Posted via CB10
    He never said anything about BB10 being unproven.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 11:53 AM
    He never said anything about BB10 being unproven.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough. The comment was why should a company test out a new platform or device.

I thought that's what IT departments do to make sure they have the best mobile device (and mobile system) for the company.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by lynxs_claw; 07-31-14 at 04:00 PM. Reason: clarifying not just a mobile device but mobile infrastructure
    07-31-14 12:32 PM
    Fair enough. The comment was why should a company test out a new platform or device.

I thought that's what IT departments do to make sure they have the best mobile device for the company.

Posted via CB10
    We do. When the product owner allows. Some don't. Or can't for whatever reason and have to go with a particular device.

Sometimes it's because of required apps.
    07-31-14 01:55 PM
    We do. When the product owner allows. Some don't. Or can't for whatever reason and have to go with a particular device.

Sometimes it's because of required apps.
    I agree and I definitely agree about the apps. However from my dealings with Ford, I have not seen these necessary apps required to run their business from a mobile perspective, just like I haven't seen these necessary apps at our division. So if that is the case, then is there really an issue with using BB10 or Blackberry technology at Ford... and increasing the risk to company security? From the consumer aspect I get it. From a company perspective, I'm having a difficulty getting my head around it especially when BB is making strides to support Android apps.
    07-31-14 03:57 PM
    If moving from BES to BES10 were a simple software patch....
    If BlackBerry hadn't had a two day shutdown that kill all BlackBerries a couple of years ago and identified a weakness in being reliant on one vendor....
    If BlackBerry hadn't gone up for SALE....
    If BBRY wasn't so depressed and vulnerable to a buyout, they could easily lead to a shutdown of some services or at least a change in operations....

Then sure it's crazy for any business not to consider them...
    techvisor likes this.
    07-31-14 04:40 PM
145 ... 3456