08-04-14 03:36 PM
145 ... 23456
tools
    They can still use BES10

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    07-29-14 11:12 PM
    Look forward to their return... on hands and knees begging.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 11:33 PM
    I just think that this shows the importance of devices in the overall competition and that having a single device that meets the most needs of both work and personal life is what will win out. Chen's strategy of abandoning consumer-important services, undermining native BB10 development, and not producing flagship all-touch form factor device is a disaster. Instead, he gives us "enterprise focus" and unwanted keyboard phones that can't compete with the iPhone. Now, BlackBerry seems even less committed to meeting the personal side expectations of users, so there is even more iPhone flight. I'm not saying the Z50 would have been an iPhone killer, but it could have gotten at least 1 out of 20 smartphone shoppers, I think. The main thing is that people don't want to feel screwed with some boring business phone with limited entertainment offerings when there are iPhones out there to make them envious. The Z30 is pretty fun, but top specs (Z50) and full investment in the fun side by BlackBerry would have been more helpful. As it is now, only people who have to stay with BlackBerry devices will, because we're not as fun as we could be.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    agarwal.apar and heepman like this.
    07-30-14 12:00 AM
    I agree.
    My company (100k+ employees) is also adopting BYOD, but supports android/iphones only (duh, we usecytrix stuff).
    I still got my corporate BB, and top execs can chose - BB or own iphone...
    however, company pays just like 9 pounds a month for my BYOD device.

ffs - hell no - I'll stick to my corporate bb as long as I can why should I pay my money and allow company to track and contact me during my vocations, as well as pay for the device?
    no no no
    Um, there IS a Citrix client for BB10, you know...

So you have a userbase of over 100k, but nobody cares about managing the devices?

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-30-14 01:56 AM
    Um, there IS a Citrix client for BB10, you know...

So you have a userbase of over 100k, but nobody cares about managing the devices?

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    do not ask me...
    we still have BES and probably 80% of users are using BBOS devices.
    07-30-14 03:23 AM
    Hahaha flip phones!

OK, that's really dumb decision on Ford's part. It may well be an issue with education on what's available. It always surprises me when they hire an 'analyst' to deploy these things.

Good on the Financial Post for knowing that QNX is part of BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    And who believes Ford had that many BlackBerry flip phones??? But focus on BlackBerry negatives.

If Ford is giving 6000 iPhones for use of execs that's going to be a lot of screen repairs. My friends employer dis this and already a lot of cracked screens.

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    07-30-14 07:21 AM
    Not really. It's the same tired response to any company that switches from Blackberry to iPhone. Trash the company and its products in any way possible. They are clearly going down the tubes. But they still use QNX to air condition their offices. Their management sucks. Their products suck. I'm going to sell my truck tomorrow. Let's hope they get hacked.

Why? Because they switched phones? It's dull and predictable. The same thing is going to be said about every single company that does the same thing. If Chipotle switches tomorrow we will get four pages about how much their burritos suck and how QNX is used to make the tortillas and how someone can now hack into their iPhones and get their recipe for guacamole.
    LOL!!! You forgot the inevitable call to "Boycott Ford!"

It is freakin' entertaining, no?
    walt63, Bsbudd, JeepBB and 4 others like this.
    07-30-14 07:38 AM
    Not really. It's the same tired response to any company that switches from Blackberry to iPhone. Trash the company and its products in any way possible. They are clearly going down the tubes. But they still use QNX to air condition their offices. Their management sucks. Their products suck. I'm going to sell my truck tomorrow. Let's hope they get hacked.

Why? Because they switched phones? It's dull and predictable. The same thing is going to be said about every single company that does the same thing. If Chipotle switches tomorrow we will get four pages about how much their burritos suck and how QNX is used to make the tortillas and how someone can now hack into their iPhones and get their recipe for guacamole.
    I feel ha. Some people really need a chill pill.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 07:41 AM

Ford dropping BlackBerry for iPhones?-conanclap.gif

You forgot the "they'll come crawling back" responses.
    JeepBB and Moonbase0ne like this.
    07-30-14 08:18 AM
    My next car will not be a Ford.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 08:44 AM
    someone can now hack into their iPhones and get their recipe for guacamole.
    Kindly come to my office and clean the coffee sprayed all over my monitor and desk. It's a real mess.
    JeepBB, 21stNow, m1a1mg and 2 others like this.
    07-30-14 08:44 AM
    How challenged are you .. what are you an English major????
    No, it was my minor. Maybe it should have been yours as well...

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by crazigee; 07-30-14 at 09:09 AM.
    07-30-14 08:57 AM
    My next car will not be a Ford.

Posted via CB10
    Either your next car wasn't going to be a Ford anyway or it is a silly response to them dropping BlackBerry.

JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    07-30-14 09:11 AM
    LOL!!! You forgot the inevitable call to "Boycott Ford!"

It is freakin' entertaining, no?
    I could not care less what Honda uses. All I care about is that my car runs. If I had a Ford I could not care less what they use.

Someone is seriously selling their vehicle or is going to boycott Ford because of staff's phone choices??? Ridiculously asinine.
    07-30-14 09:21 AM
    I could not care less what Honda uses. All I care about is that my car runs. If I had a Ford I could not care less what they use.

Someone is seriously selling their vehicle or is going to boycott Ford because of staff's phone choices??? Ridiculously asinine.
    Exactly!

Good choice on the Honda BTW. I'm a huge Honda guy, unless something changes with their cars the only thing I'm buying is Honda/Acura.

07-30-14 09:25 AM
    They can still use BES10
    But do business opt for BES as a MDM solution when there are no BlackBerries??? There are some charts that compare different MDM solutions, and they show how they match up with different mobile platforms....BES with BlackBerry devices ranked very good, BES with the required plugins for Android and iOS, I'm not sure it is really the best solution for either.

I really think that is BES alone was a strong seller, Chen would have already dumped hardware.

But if Ford is using a bunch of flip phones, who says they even have a MDM???
    07-30-14 11:27 AM
    It amazes me that some people think there would be any correlation between what mobile phone Ford uses in their enterprise and what OS they use to drive the entertainment system in their cars. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Also iPhones work successfully in many organizations, as do the far more insecure Android Phones. Not everyone needs Blackberry level security in there phones, you can block what systems are accessed by various users or systems on your network. Simply don't let phones access sensitive information.
    07-30-14 12:12 PM
    I work for Ford corporate , everyone i have seen carry basic Verizon flip phones, not even smart phones...

Unless there are a small hyper elite that use BlackBerry phones, i haven't seen any in the last 4 years...

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    07-30-14 12:13 PM
    It amazes me that some people think there would be any correlation between what mobile phone Ford uses in their enterprise and what OS they use to drive the entertainment system in their cars. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Also iPhones work successfully in many organizations, as do the far more insecure Android Phones. Not everyone needs Blackberry level security in there phones, you can block what systems are accessed by various users or systems on your network. Simply don't let phones access sensitive information.
    Absolutely. Many security conscious companies use the iPhone and Android devices. BlackBerry and its faithful need to start recognizing that. BlackBerry security isn't enough. They need to build a complete package that includes handsets and interesting specs.

techvisor likes this.
    07-30-14 12:27 PM
    I can tell that Ford there monthly mobile payment wordwide will be 5 times higher thanks 2 USING iPhone. Really smart moves.

I had companies abroad using more that 70 iphone's and complaining about the high cost with there new mobile because before there bills are not even 20% off the coast abroad thanks to BlackBerry phones. The company wanted a solution. So we give them the opportunity to swith there phone's for BlackBerry. After 5 weeks and another bill they decided to go back to BlackBerry.

Same happen with another big dutch company. before bills raound 40.000 euro and they drop BlackBerry and there bill where suddenly between 150.000 and 200.000 and complaining. No solution and they still on iphone's. after one year they went back to BlackBerry with BES 10 solutions with another operator ?
    07-30-14 12:40 PM
    Did Rob Ford drop his blackberry into his mashed potatoes?

Z10
    07-30-14 02:58 PM
    Their loss! Glad I don't work for or drive a Ford! QNX all the way!
    07-30-14 03:09 PM
    I can tell that Ford there monthly mobile payment wordwide will be 5 times higher thanks 2 USING iPhone. Really smart moves.

I had companies abroad using more that 70 iphone's and complaining about the high cost with there new mobile because before there bills are not even 20% off the coast abroad thanks to BlackBerry phones. The company wanted a solution. So we give them the opportunity to swith there phone's for BlackBerry. After 5 weeks and another bill they decided to go back to BlackBerry.

Same happen with another big dutch company. before bills raound 40.000 euro and they drop BlackBerry and there bill where suddenly between 150.000 and 200.000 and complaining. No solution and they still on iphone's. after one year they went back to BlackBerry with BES 10 solutions with another operator ?
    Could you explain how that would happen? Unless you mean to say because of data. But without BIS there is no data compression so it's no different.

And if they ARE still using legacy devices on BIS, will that continue into the future with no end in sight and will BlackBerry continue to sell 9900s into an unspecified future? Or will BlackBerry build NEW data sipping BBOS devices with BIS? Has that been announced?

How is the cost per month higher on an iPhone?

Reason I ask, is that the only reason I consume more data on my iPhone vs my Q10 is because I use my Q10 very rarely. Additionally, corporations buy data packages in bulk and can shut off any employee who consumes too much data. So if there is someone streaming media instead of using his iPhone as a work tool, that employee's data use can be capped.

Considering all this, where will the new expense from an iPhone or an Android come to think of it come from?

By the way my agency went from 9900s on BIS to Note 2 devices and we haven't had increased spending.
    techvisor and m1a1mg like this.
    07-30-14 03:16 PM
    That's what I noticed in the article too. Sounds like they are replacing some pretty old technology. I suspect that most of those flip phone holders were already begging for iPhones even before BB10 was introduced.

is it just me, or Ford said that they will replace FLIPPHONES with iphones?

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    07-30-14 03:18 PM
    I wonder if the BlackBerry PR team been doing their job feeding these cooperations with the necessary information and tech support for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    heepman likes this.
    07-30-14 03:21 PM
145 ... 23456