Probs just a misinformed editor.

BlackBerry's New Secure Tablet Continues Focus On Profitable Niches - Forbes

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    03-17-15 05:39 AM
    Let's bomb the comment section?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 05:41 AM
    Kind of understandable.

The BB press release was (deliberately IMO) obscure and misleading with its frequent (and irrelevant) references to BB10 and without mentioning Android as the actual OS once.
    Maxxxpower and dolco like this.
    03-17-15 05:55 AM
    BlackBerry goes high security for second try at tablets - MarketWatch
    why is IBM being used to handle the Transition from Personnal to business use of Apps,isn't that BB's domaine?
    03-17-15 06:06 AM
    If they actually have the tab running BB10, this will be huge.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    03-17-15 06:40 AM
    If they actually have the tab running BB10, this will be huge.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    Yes, it would be huge.

But no, it's Android on a Samsung tablet plus bits and pieces from IBM and SecuSmart.

BB's *only* involvement in this seems to be that they own the SS company, having fairly recently bought them.
    dolco likes this.
    03-17-15 06:54 AM
    Yes, it would be huge.

But no, it's Android on a Samsung tablet plus bits and pieces from IBM and SecuSmart.

BB's *only* involvement in this seems to be that they own the SS company, having fairly recently bought them.
    What's your source for this?

BlackBerry hates America!
    03-17-15 07:42 AM
    What's your source for this?

Bla1ze!

LOL
    dolco and KingOfQwerty like this.
    03-17-15 07:47 AM
    seriously, there's nothing about BB10 on the tablet in the link
    03-17-15 08:01 AM
    seriously, there's nothing about BB10 on the tablet in the link
    To be fair, The original PR contained lots of "for BlackBerry 10" references amongst lots of other words intended to imply more BB involvement than is true.. It's a masterclass in misleading.

I'd link the (fairly exasperated) post from Bla1ze, where he clearly states that BB10 is NOT the OS on this tablet, but Easier than that... He says it in post #30 in the other SecuSmart thread just below this!

It's a co-development between Samsung, IBM, and SecuSmart. The tablet is an enhanced Galaxy 10.2, running Android.

BB bought SecuSmart recently. I reckon that's the extent of their involvement in a project that started prior to their purchase of SecuSmart.

So, BB10? Erm... No!
    03-17-15 08:19 AM
    This is a pure SecuSmart deal. It wouldn't even surprise me if this was in the works before Blackberry bought them.

The real issue is; Can they sell a $500 tablet for $2300 !
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-17-15 08:44 AM
    Bla1ze!

LOL
    What's his source ? BB hadn't said a word.

03-17-15 09:48 AM
    What's his source ? BB hadn't said a word.

Maybe ask him?

Though, I read the same PR as he did, and my take away is that this is Android, not BB10.

Three partners are mentioned in the PR. Samsung, IBM, SecuSmart. The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy, which runs android. BB is not mentioned as a partner. BB10 is not mentioned either, except in meaningless marketing speak.

The full text of that PR is post #1 in that other thread. Too long to repeat here.

As was said above, this tablet running with BB10 would be *huge* news. You think maybe it really does run BB10 and BB neglected to mention it in their PR?
    dolco and mikeo007 like this.
    03-17-15 10:01 AM
    Maybe ask him?

Though, I read the same PR as he did, and my take away is that this is Android, not BB10.

Three partners are mentioned in the PR. Samsung, IBM, SecuSmart. The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy, which runs android. BB is not mentioned as a partner. BB10 is not mentioned either, except in meaningless marketing speak.

The full text of that PR is post #1 in that other thread. Too long to repeat here.

As was said above, this tablet running with BB10 would be *huge* news. You think maybe it really does run BB10 and BB neglected to mention it in their PR?
    BlackBerry is in pre ER silent period. Are they even aloud to comment on this at this time?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:56 AM
    It's an Android tablet but more likely it will also have the Blackberry productivity suites installed to run on top of it perhaps as a skin so it will have the look and feel of BB10.

Loving my Passport!
    03-17-15 12:13 PM
    I'd be surprised as hell if it runs BB10. I bet it's android and the BES thing Samsung and bb have been rumored to be working on.
    03-17-15 12:19 PM
    BlackBerry is in pre ER silent period. Are they even aloud to comment on this at this time?
    This is BB's *own* press release. The ER in 10-days didn't stop them releasing it and (justifiably) boasting about this product. And, within this self-promoting PR, you think they'd somehow fail to mention that they had installed BB10 on a Samsung tablet!?

Really?
    03-17-15 01:11 PM
    it'll prob run the BlackBerry Suite.
    nick13b likes this.
    03-17-15 01:13 PM
    I'd be surprised as hell if it runs BB10. I bet it's android and the BES thing Samsung and bb have been rumored to be working on.
    Heh-Heh... BES wasn't mentioned either.

And, while just my opinion, I reckon this product's development must surely pre-date any recent Samsung/BlackBerry collaboration. This product wasn't thrown together in a couple of months, and BB aren't one of the three partners mentioned in bringing it to market.

The only mention of BB's MDM in the PR is: "As a BlackBerry company, Secusmart enhances the company’s commitment to remaining the leading provider in enterprise mobile security. BlackBerry is the only mobile device management (MDM) vendor that has achieved the “Full Operational Capability” level of certification for operation on U.S. Department of Defense Networks. Furthermore, BlackBerry 10 smartphones were the first to be approved by NATO for classified communications up to “Restricted” level."

And while all of the quoted stuff is true, I reckon it's also irrelevant to the SecuSmart tablet product announcement... but, cleverly, implies some connection with BB10 and BES.

Like I've said, I'm very impressed by this PR.

The guy that wrote it should get an immediate payrise IMO. It's constructed from misleading half-truths and true (but irrelevant) statements that together paint an wholly inaccurate picture of the extent of BB's involvement in this development, and its integration with BB's own products (BES/BB10).

But, hey, I've stated my reasons why I don't think this stacks up but if people here really want to believe that this is BB10 running on Samsung hardware, then believe away. Free will is important.
    kbz1960, nick13b and KingOfQwerty like this.
    03-17-15 03:05 PM
    it'll prob run the BlackBerry Suite.
    At this moment, there is no BB Suite. It's in development, but there's no way it's going to be ready in time for the launch of this tablet. And no BB software was announced, other than the SecuSmart components, which aren't really BB at all (other than by recent ownership).
    nick13b and JeepBB like this.
    03-17-15 05:18 PM
    03-17-15 05:32 PM