It appears, on the surface at least, that BES10 lost out on this:

Fixmo, a leading provider of defense-grade mobile security solutions, today announced it was selected to provide mobile data protection and cyber security solutions for the U.S. Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) as part of a $16 million contract for managing mobile devices within the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD). As a critical element of the Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Store (MAS) contract awarded to Digital Management, Inc. (DMI), Fixmo’s technology will be used to secure mobile Email and Browsing, and to protect the integrity and compliance of DISA-managed mobile devices. The DISA MDM/MAS contract, which shall be the enterprise-wide solution across the DoD, represents the U.S. Federal Government’s largest investment to-date to secure mobile devices.

Fixmo Selected to Provide Mobile Security and Data Protection Solutions to U.S. Department of Defense as Part of $16M MDM Contract | SYS-CON MEDIA
    11-13-13 09:39 AM
    If Blackberry lost this contract, it's probably because of the idiots at BB management and Watsa's "we are for sale" sign, which did unrepairable damage to the company.
    11-13-13 09:47 AM
    11-13-13 09:50 AM
    Different sla contracts I believe.

the sharks sense blood in the water

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:08 AM
    Not really a surprise considering the make up of the Board of Directors:

Bill Crowell - Chairman - Former Deputy Director of the NSA
    Lieutenant General Kenneth Minihan - Former Director of the NSA
    Rear Admiral Arthur Lawrence - Assistant Surgeon General (Ret.)
    Wilson Livingood - Sergeant at Arms, House of Representatives (Ret.)
    szlevi likes this.
    11-13-13 01:57 PM
    Something does not seem right about this. I do not feel like they would have got rid of BlackBerry completely.
    11-13-13 03:43 PM
    good catch

i thought the DoD contract was already awarded, i can't remember to who but if i do recall it was to a company that installs BES
    11-13-13 04:54 PM
    Geez, do people actually read the articles?

In regards to the DoD contract, DMI got the overall contract in July. Fixmo just got a part of it that covers MDM.

Fixmo and BB did business on a separate project that Fixmo helped improve BB10.

You'd know all of that if you actually read the links.

C'mon pkcable, I thought you'd at least read what you post.

ETA: The actual DMI award was June 28th: http://www.disa.mil/News/PressResour...M_MAS_Contract
    11-13-13 07:21 PM
    BTW, DMI does all kinds of mobile support. What they do with DoD is specified by their contract with DISA. The DISA contract does include BB10 devices.
    11-13-13 07:26 PM
    16MM is a tiny amount of money, likely just a toe hold contract to pacify some "folks"...
    11-13-13 07:39 PM
    16MM is a tiny amount of money, likely just a toe hold contract to pacify some "folks"...
    You didn't read either.
    11-13-13 07:57 PM
    You didn't read either.
    Um? lol
    11-13-13 08:43 PM