03-25-11 10:02 AM
63 123
tools
    Just leaked video of firefox mobile from gizmodo.com...

Mobile Browsers: Firefox Mobile Video Proves It Actually Exists

It would be really cool if this came to blackberry. I think that this would beat out Opera Mini hands down.

It is still in early stages of developement, so dont get your hopes up... for a (possible) release to RIM anytime soon.
    06-11-08 10:42 PM
    im not too excited about a touchscreen blackberry... for some reason i feel anything touchscreen can break easily, and i hate the sensitvity while txting on the iphone... urgh yuck
    06-12-08 12:17 AM
    They announced that they were starting work on it last October, sadly it only supports Symbian, Windows Mobile and a couple of other Mobile OSes. They better get it in gear and support the BB.
    06-12-08 07:20 AM
    im not too excited about a touchscreen blackberry... for some reason i feel anything touchscreen can break easily, and i hate the sensitvity while txting on the iphone... urgh yuck
    I couldn't agree more. I tried the iPhone for a few weeks earlier this year, and YUCK - it was awful. Yes, I did pick up speed, but it's still no qwerty.
    06-12-08 07:40 AM
    It'd be cool if they'd released Firefox for BB. Wouldn't it be the same as MiniOpera?
    06-12-08 08:42 AM
    It'd be cool if they'd released Firefox for BB. Wouldn't it be the same as MiniOpera?
    No, it'll be Firefox
    06-12-08 08:43 AM
    What this got to do with FireFox?
    06-12-08 09:00 AM
    That's what I was wondering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 09:14 AM
    MiniMo by Firefox. I read about that somewhere before and have been patiently waiting. I hope it comes to BB soon. Love my Firefox on my home PC!

06-12-08 09:19 AM
    Firefox is all I use on my PC, have for years. I would love to get it on my BB. Wonder if there is a project started that just needs some coding......
    06-12-08 09:31 AM
    Sweet, hope this browser picks up multitouch support *crosses fingers*
    06-12-08 10:33 AM
    MiniMo by Firefox. I read about that somewhere before and have been patiently waiting. I hope it comes to BB soon. Love my Firefox on my home PC!
    Minimo was apparently just the FF team messing around and was killed awhile ago. Firefox Mobile or whatever they end up calling it is pretty much from the ground up, obviously using the knowledge and skills they learned from Minimo. Expect this project to pick up pace in about a week and a half. (Firefox 3 Final Version comes out next Tuesday, so they'll have more resources available for mobile.)
    06-12-08 02:42 PM
    We should start a petition to get Mozilla to support the BB OS for their new mobile browser. Does anyone have the numbers on BB users as opposed to Windows Mobile and Symbian users?
    06-13-08 07:11 AM
    Check this post out too http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/new...er-works-2126/.

If Firefox ever does come to the Blackberry then it will almost certainly be forced to do work the same way that OperaMini does and to work outside the Blackberry data network which could incur extra data costs as well as far lower security.

Also since upgrading to 4.5, I have had no need for OperaMini so far.
    06-14-08 06:25 AM
    Is there a real need for another browser? I use both bb browser and opera mini. More and more websites are offering their mobile counterpart, so currently I am happy with what I have. What I would like to see is a better way to view PDF files on my bb. If the BOLD doesn't address this then i will be getting the new IPhone when it is released.
    06-14-08 07:23 AM
    Thanks for the links.
    06-14-08 07:31 AM
    I have Firefox installed on all of my PCs, and Safari on my Mac, but I would love to see Firefox for my bb!
    06-14-08 11:49 AM
    I would love to see Safari on my BB, lol.

FF is cool I guess, since Jobs isn't stupid enough to release it for RIM.
    06-14-08 02:08 PM
    Opera mini costs money though right? All of Mozilla's programs are free and in my opinion better then Opera.
    Last edited by mckillio; 06-14-08 at 02:26 PM.
    06-14-08 02:23 PM
    Opera mini costs money though right? All of Mozilla's programs are free and in my opinion better then Opera.
    Opera MINI is free, Opera MOBILE costs $$.
    06-14-08 03:13 PM
    What's the difference between the two
    06-14-08 05:23 PM
    Opera-Mini runs on mobile devices, including Blackberry whilst Opera is for PCs.
    06-15-08 03:48 AM
    What's the difference between the two
    Opera Mobile is for use with Symbian and Windows Mobile and Opera Mini is for use on any Java app supporting phone.
    06-15-08 04:36 AM
    I deleted opera also when I downloaded 4.5

06-15-08 10:38 AM
    I have Opera Mini 4.1 and its much better than the standard BB browser. I also refuse to use Safarti browser until they actually put in some real features like Firefox has. Extensions would be nice, also antiPhishing wouldn't hurt and why not ditch the crappy header black icons no text under them and limited features there. I prefer my MAC over having to use windows and I wish I could sync my BB on my MAC without Parallels.
    06-15-08 03:07 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD