08-03-10 09:02 AM
33 12
tools
    Getting a Vibrant within a few weeks after being a BlackBerry user for about 4ish years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 03:05 AM
    Its not like we are going belly up like Palm did as some of you make it seem in your biased posts....Yep, andriod and the iP4 have some amazing phones, we get that, but it is not leap years or generations ahead of us like many feel.

I love my phone for what it is, phone first, text 2nd and browsing 3rd...and IMO I can do all those things just fine...some people need ASAP and probably won't even be happy with their new shiney Andriod or ip4 after a short time and will want the next big thing...and more than likely will bash that device you had before....

There is no perfect phone, nor company...

I can't wait for the 9800 to drop and start reading some reviews. And if that don't tickle my fancy, then I move on. I am not gonna sit here and bash RIM or any other company just because like a lot of you do...Didn't do it when I left for Andriod a long time ago...didn't do it to Andriod Central when I came back to RIM...and won't do it again, because I am me and certain phones will fit my needs better...and currently it is the 9700.

What the future brings, who knows....I will have many choices and I will go with what phone and company best fits my needs at the time.

08-03-10 03:08 AM
    First of all, they would never get true stats like that unless every single blackberry user submitted a vote on it, 2nd, I see more blackberrys than any other smart phone out there. Id say most of the people that come through my work have blackberrys. Yea sure cuase its a business phone, but I also say almost every young person I see with a smart phone has a blackberry as well. I see barley anyone with androids but I do see some iphone users out there.
    08-03-10 04:31 AM
    if I defect it would be to att for the 9800. I can't see leaving what works well, they are not cheap devices and its a steep learning curve. Its not like going from a DELL windows 7 laptop to an HP windows 7 laptop.

08-03-10 07:09 AM
    I doubt that many will really defect, because the BIS/BES and their IT department has them tied to Blackberry. Right now BBM and how great it is for reliable international communication is keeping me with RIM. However what this survey I think does show is how BB users feel about RIM and about the current offerings, and its not good. They see these other devices with slick interfaces, touchscreens, large selection of apps and great web browsing, then look at their phone and think wow, these cost the same those cool phones. Let's face it the browser, while much improved in OS 5, sucks.

A better survery to conduct would be to poll Government and Corporate IT managers and ask them how they feel about RIM, and if they are seriously considering pilots for iPhone and Android platforms. That will give you a better idea of if RIM is in trouble.

OS 6 is coming out on only one network in the US, AT&T, with only one device truly designed to make full use of it, 9800. Meanwhile Apple released the iPhone 4, and other handset makers are embracing Android cause it is the best way to they can compete with iPhone cheaply. RIM should have an OS 6 based, touch capable device coming out on all providers, not just one.
    08-03-10 08:40 AM
    For me, December can't get here soon enough. That's when my contract is up and I can get rid of this stupid blackberry. I really liked it at first, but I'm growing very tired of looking at the hour glass all the time, doing battery pulls, and the 1980's look of the OS.

Granted, OS 6 looks alot better, but its nothing innovative and something I can't get from other devices. I have played with numerous Android devices and love them, and it's not even close. Goodbye blackberry!
    08-03-10 08:51 AM
    I dunno, I think it's a telling trend that RIM should be worried about.

I personally think the worry will be short lived, so long as they market OS 6 well I think their future looks promising as I really like what OS 6 has shown so far.

Hopefully their slew of phones will have the hardware to effectively utilize the upgraded OS. If they do, they'll be fine.

It's easy to preach doom and gloom for RIM when we compare the latest Droid phones and what not to phones RIM released several months ago (which may as well be decades in smartphone time), but we've seen through many acquisitions that RIM has been busy and won't take the Android/iOS invasion sitting down.

Looking forward to 11 AM today.
    08-03-10 08:59 AM
    For me, December can't get here soon enough. That's when my contract is up and I can get rid of this stupid blackberry. I really liked it at first, but I'm growing very tired of looking at the hour glass all the time, doing battery pulls, and the 1980's look of the OS.

Granted, OS 6 looks alot better, but its nothing innovative and something I can't get from other devices. I have played with numerous Android devices and love them, and it's not even close. Goodbye blackberry!
    From one Android user to a prospective user...it wasn't until I used Android 2.1 that I understood the innovation in OS 5. OS 6 looks to take it to the next level.

There's plenty things my phone does better than Blackberry (for now anyway) but there's things that Blackberry can do that Android simply can't hold a candle to. Integration of RIM's home apps being a huge one, which will only get better now that 3rd party developers will have far better API's to create these apps that are integrated into the OS (RIM calls them super apps).
    08-03-10 09:02 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD