07-08-12 03:11 AM
42 12
tools
    Alright, I finally got it.
    While this is an (ugly) Photoshop fake, by doing it, I was wondering ... "well, there's not so much room needed ... and CSS could easily manage (frame) the 12-15% screen height missing.

Also, I had a weird idea ... what if the keyboard could slide from top to bottom ... or even better ... slide and turn behind the phone ! [I'm sure some may accommodate and type blind !] ... nahhh ... C'mon RIM let's leak a few to keep the hype ... see what you do ?
    => I have hallucinations

edited 2016-05-21
    pic was gone, uploading it again FTR
    [fake] Alpha BB10 with Keyboard !!!-alphakeyboard.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-21-16 at 02:58 AM.
    05-24-12 10:47 AM
    obviously not the prettiest looking concept BUT you make a solid point that there is more than enough room to fit a physical keyboard with a larger screen to make a better BB bold let alone squashing it onto the alpha device
    05-24-12 10:54 AM
    obviously not the prettiest looking concept BUT you make a solid point that there is more than enough room to fit a physical keyboard with a larger screen to make a better BB bold let alone squashing it onto the alpha device
    Well if a 20 minutes "design" worse a penny ... I'd be rich !
    You're perfectly right then, the point is: I think this could be a better form factor than a 4:3 bold screen ... even if there's scroll to accommodate the resolution and ... a mysterious "take that KB away" magic
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-24-12 at 12:07 PM.
    05-24-12 10:58 AM
    Now that is one foookin ugly bb10 with the physical kypad! Gimme a barf bag please!
    05-24-12 12:15 PM
    Only keyboard based BB10 phone I'll be buying would be a slider.

I like my Torch too much.
    05-24-12 02:29 PM
    I'd use it. *shrugs*
    Love my keyboard.
    05-24-12 05:40 PM
    keep in mind the patent that RIM filed for (rotating keyboard). I think it would be possible to be able to use the full touch screen and have the keyboard hanging out on the back of the phone till needed, then when its brought to the front of the screen, the resolution will adjust to the smaller amount of screen on the front.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-24-12 05:50 PM
    Gives the idea. Better than having to picture it in my mind all the time.
    05-24-12 06:12 PM
    Congrats superfly you made News.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-24-12 06:25 PM
    I like it! Funny how folks are slapping keyboards on the Dev Alpha and taking them off the Bold 9900 . . .lol. . .
    05-24-12 06:37 PM
    Nice pic! However I believe RIM will try and keep 1024x600 screen ratio even with a keyboard.

Therefore, somehow the keyboard will have to be attached in a way that will keep the screen ratio same. This is for developers and apps to be easily compatible on all devices. That is why Apple does not step away from 4:3 ratio for the most part.

I think we will have a slider keyboard like on Torch, maybe even with a rotation swivel to allow usage in both landscape and portrait modes. Torch gives us best of both world.

Also, looking at my Torch, if they make a BB10 slider, the row of buttons with the trackpad and 4 buttons (call, BB, back and power buttons) at bottom of screen can be eliminated. Also the flange below the keyboard can also be eliminated. It is quite thick on torch because the screen doesn't completely overlap the base when slider it closed.

So, Please if you can try to Photoshop a BB10 device slider keyboard using 1024x600 screen ratio and very minimal bezel, with no row of buttons below the screen. Then when keyboard slider out, just minimal keyboard visible, also with little to no bezel. Perhaps also show keyboard rotating so screen is in landscape mode.

Nice photoshop work, keep it up!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    05-24-12 07:22 PM
    Hahaha... I like what I see, I love what I see. Too good to be true... Ahhh...!!!! I just wet my pant
    05-24-12 07:55 PM
    Looks kinda cool...but I'll definitely be grabbing the full touch...
    05-24-12 08:58 PM
    I don't like the dev alpha because it looks JUST LIKE AN iPHONE...and the thing that bugs me most is that Apple was soooo known for their "off-the-beaten-path" designs (remember the brightly colored clamshell laptops?)...and yet, the one MOST popular device of theirs ever? A boring, ugly-, square BRICK...putting the iphone next to my 9850 torch looks like a flat-chested pre-pubescent teen sitting next to Marilyn Monroe
    05-24-12 08:59 PM
    I will buy 5 of these right now!
    05-24-12 09:29 PM
    keep in mind the patent that RIM filed for (rotating keyboard). I think it would be possible to be able to use the full touch screen and have the keyboard hanging out on the back of the phone till needed, then when its brought to the front of the screen, the resolution will adjust to the smaller amount of screen on the front.
    That's one of the major points ... I had the rotating patent in mind ;-)

EDIT : here you go with the patent (source : engadget)

It describes a device with a keypad that's coupled at one corner, but which can remain operable in at least two positions, or potentially three. That could include a position, for instance, where the screen is partially covered by the keypad and a second where it's below the screen, or one where the keypad can remain below the screen both in portrait and landscape modes -- or even flipped behind the device with the keys still accessible
    Attached Thumbnails [fake] Alpha BB10 with Keyboard !!!-rim-rotating-keypad-1334853890.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-25-12 at 03:14 AM.
    05-25-12 02:06 AM
    I and (perhaps most) people of Indonesia would choose the iPhone if there is no hard keyboard on the BB!
    RIM, think again. Seriously!
    05-25-12 04:01 AM
    I and (perhaps most) people of Indonesia would choose the iPhone if there is no hard keyboard on the BB!
    RIM, think again. Seriously!
    Globally Indonesia is not really concerned by BB10 devices: far too expensive for average users. For those who can afford it, well ... they'll wait, just like us ! I'm sure you will !
    + being a physical KB addict, I must say I'll give BB10 fultouch all my love from what I've seen of the new KB usage; swiping suggestions rocks.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-25-12 at 05:15 AM.
    05-25-12 04:24 AM
    I am one of those who outgrew the physical keyboard a while ago. After all I survived the Storm.
    I only have a 9900 coz its the best/slimmest BB right now. But the screen is too tiny for me. So the first BB10 berry will cover me.
    05-25-12 06:04 AM
    I too will wait for the slider.
    05-25-12 07:43 AM
    After three iterations of Pearls (which I loved), I made the switch to the Bold 9900, and haven't looked back! One of the features I like most is the great keyboard, and would vote for RIM to incorporate the same in the BB10. My 2₵!
    05-25-12 11:23 AM
    One reason I dislike this is landscape app use
    05-25-12 01:32 PM
    Lets get the FAKE Alpha BB10 keyboard photoshop going on. hahaha.

I took the virtual keyboard on BB10 and made it into a physical keyboard.

edit: shucks, i forgot to put the shadow on the dev alpha. haha.
    05-25-12 02:07 PM
    Lets get the FAKE Alpha BB10 keyboard photoshop going on. hahaha.

I took the virtual keyboard on BB10 and made it into a physical keyboard.

edit: shucks, i forgot to put the shadow on the dev alpha. haha.
    Hmm lose the largeness of the screen if you do it that way...but the Keyboard factor works
    05-25-12 04:13 PM
    I'd definitely go for keyboardless BB10 device but it's got to look less like an iPhone and more like the 9900 (take the keyboardless 9900, make it as tall as the alpha maybe cut the width a bit. . . like a fusion of the Dev Alpha with the 9900???. . .get where I'm going with this? Photoshoppers. . . go!!!!)
    05-25-12 07:23 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD