05-16-14 05:28 AM
111 ... 345
tools
    You guys do realise that not everyone has these 'bad experiences'. My phone has been far from buggy unless I'm fiddling with a leak or sumn. And even the leaks are ok. I've seldom had long hang time opening a native app and everything runs seamlessly. Android apps do play catch up but it's improved with updates

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.296
    I have these bad experience, maybe far worse.

From SW side:
    -I'm having typing lag issues since 10.2. This renders device unusable so I have to restart five/six times a day to "solve"
    -Broken battery calibration - sometimes device turn of with 11%, sometimes with 16%, sometimes with 4% etc
    -general lags compared to other platform

From HW side:
    - double typing issue! Now I am having fourth device. Two had double typing issues, one had non working SYM key
    - general poor build quality, especially Q10 backdoor

BB Support:T
    - The worst support I have ever met! I have no option how to report bugs in Czech republic

My opinion is that BlackBerry is "only" adding features and care about addressing bug.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 02:15 PM
    I didnt even bother reading the last 20 or so posts.

If its your opinion you wanna jump ship, go ahead. No one is judging you in the real world.

I on the other hand will be patient and see what's to come from BlackBerry because I feel something is happening and they are taking time to make sure it happens right.

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    05-15-14 02:42 PM
    KBZ what bugs do you have. I'm just curious. I'm not aware of any bugs on my Z10 on 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    I have the bug where if my profile is on normal and BBM is set for no notifications it makes a sound and vibrates at odd times, maybe that's a BBM bug? Getting wifi errors that may or may not be an error. I don't have contact issues but look around the forum. I also get lag esp in scrolling. Other odd notifications that shouldn't be going off. I am glad when my profile is on vibrate these odd notification sounds haven't gone off yet cause that would be a no no at work. I know there is more but have to get going now.
    05-15-14 02:56 PM
    I have the bug where if my profile is on normal and BBM is set for no notifications it makes a sound and vibrates at odd times, maybe that's a BBM bug? Getting wifi errors that may or may not be an error. I don't have contact issues but look around the forum. I also get lag esp in scrolling. Other odd notifications that shouldn't be going off. I am glad when my profile is on vibrate these odd notification sounds haven't gone off yet cause that would be a no no at work. I know there is more but have to get going now.
    Thanks. I haven't had those issues personally but good to know some folks do. Wifi can get iffy at home sometimes for staying connected. If that happens it usually is for a minute and might happen once or twice a night. But the android phones in the house have similar issues so I don't know if it's my Z10 or the wifi.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 04:01 PM
    Normal people don't fixate on OS updates either, nor do they threaten to jump ship if they don't get one. Normal people just use their phones, and if an update comes along, they accept it and go back to using their phones. Normal people aren't in a state of high anxiety waiting for features to arrive on their phone. If a particular feature that is very important is absent, they already moved on to another platform.

As you can see, I have my finger on the pulse of Normal People.

At least, I think that's where my finger is.
    But they also want their phones to do what they want/need them to do. BlackBerry 10 while good is way behind in what it offers the consumer when compared to the two other platforms.

No. Leaks are not the answer.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    ubizmo and amjass12 like this.
    05-15-14 04:18 PM
    But they also want their phones to do what they want/need them to do. BlackBerry 10 while good is way behind in what it offers the consumer when compared to the two other platforms.

I agree that leaks are not the answer, but what was the question? Absolutely BB10 needs to catch up with the competition; I don't think anyone disagrees with that. But that's not the issue here, is it? The issue is whether the fact that new devices will get 10.3 somewhat before existing devices get it is some sort of horrible mistake or cosmic injustice. I don't think it's either.
    05-15-14 07:55 PM
    Yea... well.. I...got... it ...on...my...Z10...NOW!
    05-16-14 03:45 AM
    BS, on lumia running better than a z10,

I work retail for two months now and when it comes to slowing down lumia 520 and generic android devices are what people come back to us with for that problem.

How much apps do u have on that 520 and how much on the z10??

Posted via CB10
    u have to take into account the amount of customers bringing in android and windows for repair versus blackberry. Your data won't be statistically significant if u say most people are bringing back their Android and windows for repairs, when let's say it may be 10 window/ android phones to 1 blackbery ( for example)

That conclusin can't be drawn, although I have never personally had a problem with bb10 since it was launched! Can't wait for 10.3!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 04:49 AM

And in that situation, is where u will find the consumer jumping ship to another platform. Ur right, leaks are not the answer.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 04:51 AM
    All of you guys are SUPER OVERREACTING!!! 10.2.1 came out this year. I understand everybody wants 10.3 and you can still get it from some leaks that will come out but it won't be officially out. 10.3 will come with the Q30 sometime during the summer. That's actually a update. Another update will come in November and that's 10.3.1 for every phone which isn't bad because going forward all phones will be 1080p, quad-core or more, and 64-bit. The older phones are 32-bit, dual-core, and 720p.

BlackBerry is working pretty hard. In guessing from 10.3.1 on forward everyone will get an update pretty much at the same time. The tool belt is mostly to blame for the delay which isn't bad. You guys are just wayyyyy overreacting. Talking bout you gone jump ship, yo a$$ ain't jumping nowhere lol specially if you just bought a Z30. Need to jump outside and enjoy life and let BlackBerry work.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry haven't stated their new phones will be 64bit.
    05-16-14 04:54 AM
    I won't use another type of device unless BlackBerry is gone

Posted via BlackBerry z10!
    05-16-14 05:28 AM
111 ... 345