05-16-14 05:28 AM
111 ... 2345
tools
    Lol well this got out of hand....

At least I had valid poibts. Serg is just making up his own jibberish ;P

Posted via CB10
    Wait wait.. I've posted about *real* things to be fixed ASAP in the next BB OS release. If they continue to omit this and delay, and not solve (at least most of the issues) in the 10.3 then I think BB will prove once again that they aren't capable of releasing something really powerful (in terms of performance).

Or do you like to have a flexible and intuitive OS with sub par in-app performance, unreliable multitasking (due memory management), inconsistent battery life and so on?
    This must be fixed ASAP! This must be fixed in 10.3.

Hub (with powerful e-mail attachment capabilities) and the powerful File manager (& file picker with Dropbox implementation.. very handy!) is what keeps me on BB. But the competition isn't sleeping, for example I've heard that Microsoft is planing to incorporate a File manager, with this I hope a global storage for apps.

--
    You may ask what has all of this to do with "Existing BB10 phones not getting 10.3" or "Existing BB10 phones are getting the 10.3.1 at the end of the year"...
    I rekon, it has more to do with "Why we want the 10.3 update faster" and "Hope that 10.3 brings many fixes and improvements" combined. I know, we still have no assurance that those issues will be fixed in 10.3.. but hey..
    senel likes this.
    05-15-14 07:39 AM
    BS, on lumia running better than a z10,

I work retail for two months now and when it comes to slowing down lumia 520 and generic android devices are what people come back to us with for that problem.

How much apps do u have on that 520 and how much on the z10??

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 07:51 AM
    SirJes, I haven't used the Lumia 520 too much, just about 2 days. It runs the apps quicker and overall smoother animations. And way better in-app performance, for example take Facebook: the scroll is so damn smooth on WP .
    The problem with the 512 MB of RAM is that it cannot handle more than 2-3 apps, so OS will remove apps from memory and have to wait for resume when you switch back to an app.

My Z10 is performing just as it was when I've got it.
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-15-14 08:01 AM
    Please do enjoy jumping ship for being incredibly impatient. Cause Apple and Google put out more than ONE MAJOR OS RELEASE PER YEAR RIGHT!? I think BlackBerry is doing amazingly with developing BB10 and it has such amazing potential. It's sad to see the mindset of people these days as being 'I want it all RIGHT NEOW'

Just saying, we already have a great functioning OS, you need to be incompetent to see that.

BlackBerry's putting out a lot, and why complain that we're not getting 10.3 when we are getting 10.3.1, which by the way IS 10.3+EXTRA. So what, we may have to wait a few weeks, maybe a month or two, but as others have said, leaks will come and satisfy that thirst for exploration and what I'd like for call free beta testing.

For those of you worrying about "The Average Consumer", PLEASE do us a favor and stop. Are you BlackBerry Marketing? You're not really concerned for the consumer, that's just you saying that to cover up your wants, more than likely the thought of already jumping ship is there. If some of you are so concerned about the company, please go apply for their software development unit and help push out 10.3 to all current devices., Or you can apply to their consumer/dev relations units. Perhaps you can even apply to take Chen's job!

Point is, if you're going to complain about being given multiple major OS updates a year, new devices an amazing OS, please do jump ship to Android or iOS. I'm sure they'd like to take your money and give you a subpar user experience.

The Phoenix is rising, and you either fight alongside it, or you fight against it and in the end, it's fire will burn you down. BlackBerry is coming back, and it's only just started.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 on Rogers with the 10.3 leak!
    Is it just this time or is it normal that you don't understand what people say?

Ever since BlackBerry10 hit the market we always got updates every 3 months and now they want us to wait 10 or 9 months between updates and you expect everyone to not speak? Don't compare what happened with the Z30 cause that only took one month not 2 or 3 months to get the OS to in-market devices.

Don't compare BlackBerry to Apple and Android, those are mature, BlackBerry10 isn't so they need to work faster.

Talking about 10.2.1, it's full of BUGS on the STL100-1, the Android runtime is a NIGHTMARE! You have no idea!

You look like you're from those who load leaks, people like you should never speak about official release dates or try to shut the people up because you yourself never wait for official!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-15-14 08:31 AM
    Egad, the phones work fine as is. Any update is gravy.
    Low standards and expectations does no one any good. If you are happy with a non-competing incomplete OS good for you, but the majority want a completed OS and one that offers the same functionality as other leading phones.

Just in the VPN area alone BlackBerry has missed the boat.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    05-15-14 08:37 AM
    Low standards and expectations does no one any good. If you are happy with a non-competing incomplete OS good for you, but the majority want a completed OS and one that offers the same functionality as other leading phones.

Just in the VPN area alone BlackBerry has missed the boat.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    This is why Crackberry Users should have high standard to push innovation.
    05-15-14 09:29 AM
    You guys do realise that not everyone has these 'bad experiences'. My phone has been far from buggy unless I'm fiddling with a leak or sumn. And even the leaks are ok. I've seldom had long hang time opening a native app and everything runs seamlessly. Android apps do play catch up but it's improved with updates

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.296
    05-15-14 10:03 AM
    I will be happy with leaks but normal people dont count on leaks.
    Normal people don't fixate on OS updates either, nor do they threaten to jump ship if they don't get one. Normal people just use their phones, and if an update comes along, they accept it and go back to using their phones. Normal people aren't in a state of high anxiety waiting for features to arrive on their phone. If a particular feature that is very important is absent, they already moved on to another platform.

As you can see, I have my finger on the pulse of Normal People.

At least, I think that's where my finger is.
    grover5, Lawrie Sherratt and MB64 like this.
    05-15-14 12:09 PM
    Normal people don't fixate on OS updates either, nor do they threaten to jump ship if they don't get one. Normal people just use their phones, and if an update comes along, they accept it and go back to using their phones. Normal people aren't in a state of high anxiety waiting for features to arrive on their phone. If a particular feature that is very important is absent, they already moved on to another platform.

I beg to differ. First of all I never said "I" will jump ship but yes when iPhone comes out with a feature that works better for them and there plan is over yes they are going to jump ship (yes they don't wait they move on). I am speaking for the general population.

With your logic everyone would have stayed using a BlackBerry instead going to the latest and greatest. Even 60+ people are going to iPhone just because it suits their needs better (because of features from UPDATES). Sure they don't fixate (they do, they just don't know it. How else will they get the features they want?)) on updates but the updates are what keep people from getting a different phone.

OS updates bring those features that people want so they don't jump ship. So, yes people want updates.

I don't think i can word it any differently, people WANT updates even if they think they don't. There is no way to rebuttal that, our human nature is to follow innovation.
    Last edited by khehl; 05-15-14 at 12:38 PM.
    05-15-14 12:23 PM
    Nemzy, compare app launch times with the competition.
    Also, try to fast scroll in igrann / twitter / facebook.. you will get a nice blank white background for few seconds

And there are many laggy animations within apps and OS components.

Posted via CB10
    On what device? Just tried your test with igrann on my Z30, and no blank white background for even a fraction of a second.
    05-15-14 12:35 PM
    On what device? Just tried your test with igrann on my Z30, and no blank white background for even a fraction of a second.
    Z10

Here's a video:

PS: I was using a good wifi connection.
    05-15-14 12:37 PM
    Z10

Here's a video:
    I don't think you've seen instagram feed scrolling on android's it's brutal even on LTE. iGrann on BB10 is much more smoother then Instagram on Android but just less features and it will always be behind in features because of updates.

Custom ROMs do make it a bit faster but still it's pretty brutal.

On top of that I think the iGrann is reverse engineered to work on BB10 because it's NOT made by instagram
    05-15-14 12:40 PM
    I beg to differ. First of all I never said "I" will jump ship but yes when iPhone comes out with a feature that works better for them and there plan is over yes they are going to jump ship. I am speaking for the general population.

With your logic everyone would have stayed using a BlackBerry instead going to the latest and greatest. Even 60+ people are going to iPhone and using a touch keyboard just because it suits their needs better. There are so many examples I could use but I will just hold off for a bit lmaoo:P

Think before you you post
    This thread is about existing phones allegedly not getting an update, which is an entirely different issue. In addition, the premise that existing BB10 phones won't get 10.3 is known to be false. We're talking about people who already own BlackBerry phones or who might buy them before the first 10.3 device is launched. Those are the only people for whom an update is relevant.

Is 10.3 going to make BlackBerry the "latest and greatest"? I don't how anyone could believe that. It adds some nice features to an already nice platform, but it certainly won't solve all of BlackBerry's problems in the marketplace. Existing BlackBerry devices won't suddenly acquire new specs that will turn heads. They haven't sold well and there's little reason to suppose that an update to 10.3 will suddenly make them hot commodities. Coming devices--Windermere and Classic--may do better, or they may not. If they do better, it'll be because they offer an attractive design with the best version of BB10 available at an attractive price.

BlackBerry needs to be far more concerned about future BB10 device owners than about current ones, for the simple reason that there just aren't that many current owners to worry about. If they have to choose between allocating lean resources toward getting 10.3 onto existing devices and getting it ready for devices soon to be launched, the latter should be their priority, by a mile. If they had enough resources to not have to make that choice, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 05-15-14 at 01:26 PM. Reason: remorse
    05-15-14 12:44 PM
    Never seen such a bunch of babies.. Have BlackBerry rush the OS updates out then they're at fault for releasing a half-baked buggy OS... Have BlackBerry take the time to do it right and it's "I'm jumping ship.. their late again.. I told you so!".. Stop being a bunch of whiners and enjoy the leaks if you can't wait for the official release.. Geesh...

They're not sitting on it.. and they been extremely good with the updates so far. Have a little patience people!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:51 PM
    Did I say anything about feature competition between BlackBerry and iPhone? I didn't. Think before you post.

This thread is about existing phones allegedly not getting an update, which is an entirely different issue. Think before you post. In addition, the premise that existing BB10 phones won't get 10.3 is known to be false. Think before you post. We're talking about people who already own BlackBerry phones or who might buy them before the first 10.3 device is launched. Those are the only people for whom an update is relevant.

Is 10.3 going to make BlackBerry the "latest and greatest"? I don't how anyone who thinks before he posts could believe that. It adds some nice features to an already nice platform, but it certainly won't solve all of BlackBerry's problems in the marketplace. Existing BlackBerry devices won't suddenly acquire new specs that will turn heads. They haven't sold well and there's little reason to suppose that an update to 10.3 will suddenly make them hot commodities. Coming devices--Windermere and Classic--may do better, or they may not. If they do better, it'll be because they offer an attractive design with the best version of BB10 available at an attractive price.

BlackBerry needs to be far more concerned about future BB10 device owners than about current ones, for the simple reason that there just aren't that many current owners to worry about. If they have to choose between allocating lean resources toward getting 10.3 onto existing devices and getting it ready for devices soon to be launched, the latter should be their priority, by a mile. If they had enough resources to not have to make that choice, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Think before you post.
    I actually edited my post basically right after I made it :P

How do you not believe when even a Blackberry Exec said it's true. 10.3 is not coming to existing phones we are getting 10.3.1. Look at Tim Neils twitter then tell me i'm wrong https://twitter.com/brcewane. Were guessing 10.3 will be out septemberish and 10.3.1 will be out nov/dec.

You are right about they need to think about the future users instead of the current users and yes 10.3 will still be behind since they are still playing catch up. There are things that BB10 does better but if Google Launches Key Lime, Microsoft has 3 updates this year and Apple launches iOS8. BB10 will be playing catch up for a while and when these consumers plans are up they will just get a new phone with those new features which is what I am trying to say.
    05-15-14 12:53 PM
    I don't think you've seen instagram feed scrolling on android's it's brutal even on LTE. iGrann on BB10 is much more smoother then Instagram on Android but just less features and it will always be behind in features because of updates.

Custom ROMs do make it a bit faster but still it's pretty brutal.

On top of that I think the iGrann is reverse engineered to work on BB10 because it's NOT made by instagram
    Well, I've just tested it on my old galaxy s2 (2011 phone) with cyanogenmod (android 4.3.1). It shutter on scrolling, but just a little more than igrann on Z10.
    On the other hand, instagram on an ancient device: it loads the app way faster, preload more photos as you scroll, on fast scroll is faster than igrann, also the app deosn't get stuck for seconds on a white background. So yeah, instagram on Android offers better experience than igrann on z10. The sad truth .
    Tested both phones on same wireless network.

Daamn, pure Android launch apps so quickly (even on old hardware), the BB10 feels like Symbian (like a snail). And that's JellyBean, not even KitKat.
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-15-14 01:01 PM
    You are right about they need to think about the future users instead of the current users and yes 10.3 will still be behind since they are still playing catch up. There are things that BB10 does better but if Google Launches Key Lime, Microsoft has 3 updates this year and Apple launches iOS8. BB10 will be playing catch up for a while and when these consumers plans are up they will just get a new phone with those new features which is what I am trying to say.
    They'll be playing catch-up for years, no matter what they do. I think all of us are on the same page in wanting to have 10.3 on our existing devices as soon as possible. I wouldn't be running the immature hybrid of it that I'm using right now if that weren't the case. But if I have to wait an extra month or two in order that BlackBerry can launch the best possible new devices this fall, I'm okay with that. As I said above, if BlackBerry had all the software engineers they need to tailor 10.3 to all existing BB10 devices, plus the coming ones, that would be great, and this discussion wouldn't be happening. I'm sure they'd do that if they could, but I think at the moment they are running very lean and have to triage the work. If that's so, prioritizing the upcoming hardware is easily the right choice.
    05-15-14 01:01 PM
    Nope. I do understand that there will not be one huge update that fixes every bug in the current OS and makes it usable. What we all need is constantly updated system just like Microsoft do with win phone now. System components are regularly updated and there are several major updates a year. What we have now is just some updates a year. I do not need higher numbers (10.3 or 11 who cares) but please do fix that bugs and improve usability one by one. Constantly.
    Sergiu1337, kbz1960 and Akuji_ism like this.
    05-15-14 01:03 PM
    If they don't think about current users there won't be any new users. I don't think most think it will be a holy grail. I do expect it to fix issues that have plagued the OS since release and others that have popped up in updates. Is that too much to ask? After a year and a half?
    05-15-14 01:05 PM
    Nope. I do understand that there will not be one huge update that fixes every bug in the current OS and makes it usable. What we all need is constantly updated system just like Microsoft do with win phone now. System components are regularly updated and there are several major updates a year. What we have now is just some updates a year. I do not need higher numbers (10.3 or 11 who cares) but please do fix that bugs and improve usability one by one. Constantly.
    Exactly.
    05-15-14 01:08 PM
    If they don't think about current users there won't be any new users. I don't think most think it will be a holy grail. I do expect it to fix issues that have plagued the OS since release and others that have popped up in updates. Is that too much to ask? After a year and a half?
    If users waited a year and a half, they can wait 5-6-10 months. Ah.. Years I mean.
    05-15-14 01:12 PM
    It's not a matter of ignoring current users. It's a matter of giving priority to soon-to-be-released hardware, which will be sold to both current users and new users. It's not as though existing BB10 devices are being orphaned. The problems you mention have to be fixed for the sake of both groups of users. Why are the fixes taking so long? I have no idea. One possibility is the engineers are incompetent. I doubt that's the case, but it's possible. Another possibility is that certain things are turning out to be a lot harder to do than anyone anticipated. I think that's very likely, especially when dealing with a new OS that's like a ship being repaired while under full sail.
    05-15-14 01:18 PM
    It's not a matter of ignoring current users. It's a matter of giving priority to soon-to-be-released hardware, which will be sold to both current users and new users. It's not as though existing BB10 devices are being orphaned. The problems you mention have to be fixed for the sake of both groups of users. Why are the fixes taking so long? I have no idea. One possibility is the engineers are incompetent. I doubt that's the case, but it's possible. Another possibility is that certain things are turning out to be a lot harder to do than anyone anticipated. I think that's very likely, especially when dealing with a new OS that's like a ship being repaired while under full sail.
    I guess I have less patience. The OS started how many years ago? Before the pb was ever heard of and how many years later and still silly bugs that shouldn't be there, new bugs introduced in updates that are supposed to fix bugs. If this were android or iOS I wouldn't care as I can load a ROM or jailbreak it from someone else that doesn't include the feature bugs I don't want. But since it's BBRY we HAVE to wait for them to fix things. Yes, tell me to go to one of those as I know a lot will. But I stuck with BBRY because I do like some things, however their speed and execution sucks. I don't want another playbook and if it turns out that way, shame on me for trying to support them. The one I have now is my last if the issues that bug me aren't fixed before a 2 year contract is over. That is way too long.
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    05-15-14 01:40 PM

What you said is completely incorrect! The majority of people on CB do not load leaks but they know about the updates coming and hardly wait for them, now for the people that aren't CB, they also wait for updates! I have friends who keeps asking me about when an update will come to fix issues they are having with their devices.

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    05-15-14 01:41 PM
    I guess I have less patience. The OS started how many years ago? Before the pb was ever heard of and how many years later and still silly bugs that shouldn't be there, new bugs introduced in updates that are supposed to fix bugs. If this were android or iOS I wouldn't care as I can load a ROM or jailbreak it from someone else that doesn't include the feature bugs I don't want. But since it's BBRY we HAVE to wait for them to fix things. Yes, tell me to go to one of those as I know a lot will. But I stuck with BBRY because I do like some things, however their speed and execution sucks. I don't want another playbook and if it turns out that way, shame on me for trying to support them. The one I have now is my last if the issues that bug me aren't fixed before a 2 year contract is over. That is way too long.
    KBZ what bugs do you have. I'm just curious. I'm not aware of any bugs on my Z10 on 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:45 PM
111 ... 2345