So according to you, people get phones only when they know an os update is coming soon? I find it funny that people are talking about "jumping ship" because they have to wait a few months for an OS update that wasnt even promised to them. Other companies are releasing new OS updates before but what did they release when BB released 10.2.1?

It will not be a huge blow on the company and tbh I expected that you would know better than that. When 10.2.1 was released, the expectation was that we will get 10.2.2 (10.2.1MR) in the summer, and then 10.3 end of the year, and everyone was fine with that but now because people have heard of and seen 10.3 they want it now all of a sudden and believe that BB is doing somethign wrong. Get a grip guys
    No that is not at all what I'm saying people jump to the latest and greatest. iOS8 and keylime or 4.5 will take the light like always.

With the recent "rumours" (that I don't believe myself) is 10.2.2 is axed which I predicted to come june/july. Like I said I'm fine with waiting since I just get the latest leaks. But to consumers, they are going to see Apple flaunt there one feature that everyother phone already has but give it a special name like Airdrop and general consumers will migrate.

I do think there should be an update this summer with new features to keep customers intrigued before apple and google steal those customers. 10.2.2 would fit in perfevtly. Hopefully I'm right and it does come in a month or 2.

10.2.2 with blend release this summer will bring people to blackberry and keep existing people interested. It will also give it time to sink in until google and apple release their next OS.

The worst timing of releasing the next OS would be around the same time as apple and google release theirs. Anyone with a head on their shoulders would agree.

So yes it will be a big blow to the company if we get 10.3.1 as the only update from this MR (if it releases) to November.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:08 AM
    Please do enjoy jumping ship for being incredibly impatient. Cause Apple and Google put out more than ONE MAJOR OS RELEASE PER YEAR RIGHT!?
    Microsoft releases Windows Phone 8.1 in coming months and already promised to release two more updates this year. So that's three updates in one year. Moreover though WP 8.1 is not ready yet anyone can install Preview version which is 90% complete and is far easier to install in comparison with installing BB 10 leaks. Promise me, I've moved from Z10 to Lumia 1520 recently and while missing BB 10 for first week I don't regret now.
    05-15-14 02:07 AM
    Are people really upset because they have to wait for an OS update? Since when do we not have to wait? What's the matter with getting 10.3.1 instead of 10.3? Lol I'm confused.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 02:20 AM
    Microsoft releases Windows Phone 8.1 in coming months and already promised to release two more updates this year. So that's three updates in one year. Moreover though WP 8.1 is not ready yet anyone can install Preview version which is 90% complete and is far easier to install in comparison with installing BB 10 leaks. Promise me, I've moved from Z10 to Lumia 1520 recently and while missing BB 10 for first week I don't regret now.
    How does that phone fit in your pocket? Its a nice phone and OS but too much scrolling to find things and feels inefficient.

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    05-15-14 02:23 AM
    How does that phone fit in your pocket? Its a nice phone and OS but too much scrolling to find things and feels inefficient.

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    You might not believe me but it really does fit in my pockets though it's quite large .

Moving back on topic I'd like to mention one more OS player - Jolla with its Sailfish OS. While the OS was released last Fall it already gained around five updates which are coming every two-three months (BTW Jolla phone running Sailfish OS can run up to 21 apps in active frames while having 1 Gb of Ram while Z3 which has 1,5 Gb, is limited to just 4 apps). What I'd like to summarize is that 'young' OS's have to be developed and updated more frequently to be on par with 'behemoths' like iOS and Android. Microsoft understands it and tries to catch up (they've already promised to speed-up the development of WP starting this year), Firefox (just announced 1.3), Jolla and others do the same.SO BlackBerry has to be at least on par with other competitors (and WP is direct competitor to BB 10, not Android or iOS) and deliver updates as quick as possible to show the world that BB 10 is a serious player in the market. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Akuji_ism; 05-15-14 at 03:19 AM.
    05-15-14 02:39 AM
    All of you guys are SUPER OVERREACTING!!! 10.2.1 came out this year. I understand everybody wants 10.3 and you can still get it from some leaks that will come out but it won't be officially out. 10.3 will come with the Q30 sometime during the summer. That's actually a update. Another update will come in November and that's 10.3.1 for every phone which isn't bad because going forward all phones will be 1080p, quad-core or more, and 64-bit. The older phones are 32-bit, dual-core, and 720p.

BlackBerry is working pretty hard. In guessing from 10.3.1 on forward everyone will get an update pretty much at the same time. The tool belt is mostly to blame for the delay which isn't bad. You guys are just wayyyyy overreacting. Talking bout you gone jump ship, yo a$$ ain't jumping nowhere lol specially if you just bought a Z30. Need to jump outside and enjoy life and let BlackBerry work.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    05-15-14 03:14 AM
    People are making comparisons talking about the number of updates other carriers are releasing. Its not just about releasing updates, its about releasing "significant updates" Before ios7 apples updates were pretty insignifacant so it didnt matter if they released 6 updates in a year. BlackBerry's updates have all been very significant. each time you update, it feels like you have a new phone in your hand so if they choose to release just once a year, they can because when it gets released you are getting alot. I still dont understand why people are getting worked up by this. It is ridiculous really. Imagine someone saying I am leaving BlackBerry because Nokia gets 3 updates a year but BlackBerry gets 2. I am really baffled and people somehow believe this will be a big blow for BB. Give it a break.You just want the update sooner thats all. BlackBerry has done nothing wrong or stupid here. I mean who needs enemies when youve got BlackBerry fans like these.
    05-15-14 03:43 AM
    People are upset because of poor functionality, cheap outdated OS design, bad performance and choppy animations ( e.g. compared to ios or jolla's sailfishOS), amateur made apps( no localizations, misc glitches) thus people want updates NOW.
    Akuji_ism, Sergiu1337 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-15-14 04:24 AM
    People are upset because of poor functionality, cheap outdated OS design, bad performance and choppy animations ( e.g. compared to ios or jolla's sailfishOS), amateur made apps( no localizations, misc glitches) thus people want updates NOW.
    ^ this + poor memory management with high system memory usage + inconsistent battery life + slow hub when opening a message (when the app components are being loaded in memory) + not so reliable and slow DLNA
    and so on

We are like on a beta OS right now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sergiu1337; 05-15-14 at 06:00 AM.
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-15-14 04:57 AM
    "Poor functionality" really? Cheap outdated OS? You are definitely making a bigger deal than it is. Alot of people are happy with the performance of their phones. Maybe you have a faulty device. Please tell me about the poor functionality, choppy animations and the apps that are amateurly made (even though this argument is irrelevant because this would just require an app update and not the whole OS).

There are people in another thread complaining that they dont like the new UI in 10.3 and prefer the old one. You just cant please everyone.
    web99 likes this.
    05-15-14 04:59 AM
    ^ this + bad memory management with high system memory usage + inconsistent battery life and so on

Posted via CB10
    What make you think that the next update will improve all those things?
    05-15-14 05:00 AM
    Nemzy, compare app launch times with the competition.
    Also, try to fast scroll in igrann / twitter / facebook.. you will get a nice blank white background for few seconds

And there are many laggy animations within apps and OS components.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 05:02 AM
    What make you think that the next update will improve all those things?
    I hope that with newer Android runtime and with removal of Adobe Air we get more USABLE memory.
    Also, it's about time to fix their PIM Services issues. For example, when I was in a location with no internet, after I've restarted the phone, the PIM Services gone crazy, as it was in an infinite sync loop. After I've found a spot for internet signal and let it few moments to sync, phone went cool and battery was OK.

And in my first post I've forget to mention the contact issues: I'm having a issue with contact name being displayed in incoming call screen; many times it just shows only the phone number and I have no idea who is calling me. After the call is done, I can see the caller name in call history. I think it's because of some caching issues.

I hope I hope.. they put more quality in it.
    p_r_a_g_m_a and kbz1960 like this.
    05-15-14 05:28 AM
    Here you go. Take twitter app, try to open any tweet, feel the lagging. Same with almost any essential applications. Btw I was saying about cheap outdated OS DESIGN, not the OS itself. And I'd rather name apps that work smooth it is whatsapp and cb10 app and maybe some games. Note that I'm saying nothing about absence of native cloud sync with desktop pc or mac like icloud or onedrive.
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    05-15-14 05:28 AM
    Nemzy, compare app launch times with the competition.
    Also, try to fast scroll in igrann / twitter / facebook.. you will get a nice blank white background for few seconds

And there are many laggy animations within apps and OS components.

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337, I appreciate the complaints you have made. First of all, the app load time are longer when the app are android ports and not native. I tried fast scrolling as soon as I opened the app and I saw what you were talking about. That is because the information was not already loaded. Have you tried fast scrolling on Instagram on an android device as soon as you open in? But moving on from this, the topic of this conversation is about the fact that current devices will have to wait for 10.3.1. All these things you have mentioned, what makes you think they will be addressed in 10.3? If they are not then....? The point I am making is that you are behaving like your phone has been all of a sudden rendered useless, unless you get 10.3 when it launches. Like that extra 2 months wait will kill your device.
    05-15-14 05:31 AM
    Close this stupid thread!

ALL BB10 devices will have 10.3.1!!

New devices will come with 10.3 older will have to wait till the code is refined for the devices already out.

Read people READ
    Except Z10 STL100-1

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 05:33 AM
    Here you go. Take twitter app, try to open any tweet, feel the lagging. Same with almost any essential applications. Btw I was saying about cheap outdated OS DESIGN, not the OS itself. And I'd rather name apps that work smooth it is whatsapp and cb10 app and maybe some games. Note that I'm saying nothing about absence of native cloud sync with desktop pc or mac like icloud or onedrive.
    When you mention applications, you do not need a whole OS update to fix issues. The app itself can be updated. Like I said previously, people on another thread prefer the design of the OS not to the new design so that is a matter of preference. Again the point I am making is that waiting a few more months will not kill your device. You dont even know if the update will resolve the issues you've mentioned.
    05-15-14 05:38 AM
    Sergiu1337, I appreciate the complaints you have made. First of all, the app load time are longer when the app are android ports and not native. I tried fast scrolling as soon as I opened the app and I saw what you were talking about. That is because the information was not already loaded. Have you tried fast scrolling on Instagram on an android device as soon as you open in? But moving on from this, the topic of this conversation is about the fact that current devices will have to wait for 10.3.1. All these things you have mentioned, what makes you think they will be addressed in 10.3? If they are not then....? The point I am making is that you are behaving like your phone has been all of a sudden rendered useless, unless you get 10.3 when it launches. Like that extra 2 months wait will kill your device.
    I haven't mentioned Android apps , which are horrible at load times. I was talking about native apps, eg: Calendar, Clock, Music app (this one needs highly optimizations! The moment you open the app and the moment you can play a song from Songs playlist it takes too much.. and I don't have that many songs, just 62. you can see in the video. also you can observe the shuttering animation)

No, the "temporary blank screen of death" is reproducible if you go also back to the information that is already loaded. See in my video when using Twitter and scrolling back after information was loaded from internet. I've captured also igrann scrolling performance. The Android's instagramm scrolling performance is better actually, so I think the render used in Twitter/Facebook/igrann etc is sub par.

Regarding the 10.3 update: it's not extra 2 months. It's about 5-6 months. The idea is that I own the phone since march 2014 (as my main phone), and makes me feel sad that I could get better performance with a Lumia 520 low-end phone with 512 MB ram. Before this I used an iphone 5 for more than a year. It was lighting fast compared to BB10. Also better battery life while usage (esp. the browser, which again is a battery hog on BB10) and in standby, it was more battery consistent.
    For the "hopes".. I've posted a separate message while you were posting..

Here are the videos I've captured.
    General BB10 performance (note Twitter, Music app, file picker invocation, animation shuttering when opening Settings > Notifications [you get more of this in multiple apps])

Igrann scroll performance
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-15-14 05:49 AM
    That is why I said about amateur made apps. And that's why I said BlackBerry need to update the OS more frequently to fix those issues and make overall user experience smooth and..(damn my poor English, sorry).
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    05-15-14 05:54 AM
    When you mention applications, you do not need a whole OS update to fix issues. The app itself can be updated. Like I said previously, people on another thread prefer the design of the OS not to the new design so that is a matter of preference. Again the point I am making is that waiting a few more months will not kill your device. You dont even know if the update will resolve the issues you've mentioned.
    Yeah, but those apps are powered by a RENDER which as seen with some apps (mentioned above) is sub par. This cannot be fixed by a simple app update.. it is in the OS core.

Yes, it is true, we don't know if this will be fixed with 10.3. It's the hope that dies last..
    This only means current devices will recieve 10.3 much much later. Or at least there should be transparency with blackberry telling us when they plan to release their next device running 10.3.

Posted via CB10

Are you serious? Three updates this year from MS and they haven't delivered any of them yet? And you wholeheartedly believe them? Not a fair comparison don't you think. Get back to us when all three have been delivered to a known timeline. I've got the 10.3 leak loaded on my daughters' z10's so I know it coming...
    05-15-14 06:28 AM
    Are you serious? Three updates this year from MS and they haven't delivered any of them yet? And you wholeheartedly believe them? Not a fair comparison don't you think. Get back to us when all three have been delivered to a known timeline. I've got the 10.3 leak loaded on my daughters' z10's so I know it coming...
    The windows update will still come sooner than bb10 will on the PlayBook. I don't think we can use the waiting argument.

It's more viable to believe microsoft than it is to believe blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 06:41 AM
    I had WP 8.1 Preview for several weeks already. I've also got another small update for 8.1 yesterday which fixes bugs and extends battery life. Last year Microsoft promised three updates for WP 8 and has delivered all them in time - GDR 1-3. To install Preview version of WP 8.1 on my phone I simply had to register on Microsoft AppStudio website, download Preview app for developers on my phone and select 'Preview propgram' checkbox in it. Voil, I have WP 8.1 update waiting for me over Wi-Fi. In case of BB 10 to install 10.3 I have to manually flash the leak using PC and hope that everything goes well.
    05-15-14 06:59 AM
    Lol well this got out of hand....

At least I had valid poibts. Serg is just making up his own jibberish ;P

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 07:09 AM
111 12345