Nokia Joins Mobile Device Makers Kicking BlackBerry While It's Down

The assault continues on Blackberry while they are down.
    04-23-14 07:35 AM
    Sad, they wanna go enterprise now and take market share from the "biggest smallest" competitor, which is apparently still BlackBerry.

The main benefit they have going for them is MS Office for mobile, I guess.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    04-23-14 07:53 AM
    How much of Windows is in a Windows Phone?

Someone in another post said that WP8.1 won't work with BES or some of the other MDM providers... just wondering how hard it would be for MS to make it just another device on network that are managed by Windows Server OS? How long before a Windows Phone can join a Domain and allow Administrator to administrator them just like any other desktop or laptop? What type of mobile device management feature might be included in Windows Server 20016?

Might not be the level of security or management that BES provides... but it might provide enough for a portion of the Enterprise market. For many just the basics that Microsoft Exchange now offers is enough.

Simply put, BlackBerry was once the recognized KING of the smartphone business. And is still seen as a major player in the enterprise "niche". Being able to say you took the King's crown (even if he is deposed and in hiding) is something that many will strive for.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    04-23-14 09:07 AM
    Good read, but the bottom line is their security is nowhere near what Blackberry provides and in the high tech and government sectors where security of emails and messaging is a top priority, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

As far as Windows goes, our company left the Windows PC world several years ago and switched to Mac's. Better networking, security and reliability and we never looked back.

Our software and PC related issues dropped by 70% compared to when we used MS based PC's and in our business where time is money, I don't regret my decision to convert to Mac one bit.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    04-23-14 01:48 PM
    Good read, but the bottom line is their security is nowhere near what Blackberry provides and in the high tech and government sectors where security of emails and messaging is a top priority, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

As far as Windows goes, our company left the Windows PC world several years ago and switched to Mac's. Better networking, security and reliability and we never looked back.

Our software and PC related issues dropped by 70% compared to when we used MS based PC's and in our business where time is money, I don't regret my decision to convert to Mac one bit.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    I don't think many people in the tech sector use BB. They are popular in regulated industries sucks as banking. However cost cutting in the Banking industry is leading to a switch to Good Technology on personal BYOD devices. As long as those devices are Android or iOS of course.
    04-27-14 07:35 AM