06-01-14 04:51 PM
61 123
tools
    Just curious, for those who encrypt their phones like this, what do you keep on there that needs such strong security?
    05-28-14 07:44 PM
    MmmHmm, sorry, that information is classified.

Posted via CB10 on the Zed Ten
    MrGabriel and mrlahjr like this.
    05-28-14 07:57 PM

Haha, well it was worth a shot.
    05-28-14 08:09 PM
    Just curious, for those who encrypt their phones like this, what do you keep on there that needs such strong security?
    All my selfies!
    05-28-14 11:46 PM
    Thanks BP. That's great news. Great step forward by BlackBerry from BBOS. Am I right in assuming that an encrypted backup using BBLink can be restored onto a replacement BlackBerry using the same BBID and password? I'm asking since an encrypted SD card CAN'T be used on another device. The answer may be obvious buy I didn't want to find out otherwise after the fact.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Edge of Night; 05-30-14 at 11:44 PM.
    05-29-14 01:03 AM

Hahaha
    05-29-14 03:52 AM
    Android and apple have bypasses and backdoors to everything and it has been proven in so many articles. That are from legitimate sources.

If I read a story about an encrypted iphone and android that can't be cracked (which I wont) but until then I will be thinking otherwise.

Im happy to see articles like these, BlackBerry needs to blow it up and show there enterprise partners

Posted via CB10
    False.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-30-14 09:47 PM
    False.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    No it's definitely true. Whether all the vulnerabilities are intentional or not, all of the smartphone operating systems besides BlackBerry 10 are easy to bypass passwords/locks. It is also possible to get physical memory dumps, even with encryption enabled because the encryption is derived from the password.

Look into the Cellebrite UFED series. The only major phones NOT supported is BlackBerry 10!

A BlackBerry 10 device with password cannot be accessed. Encryption is even better since it will prevent an attack by removing the physical NAND memory.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 11:34 PM
    No it's definitely true. Whether all the vulnerabilities are intentional or not, all of the smartphone operating systems besides BlackBerry 10 are easy to bypass passwords/locks. It is also possible to get physical memory dumps, even with encryption enabled because the encryption is derived from the password.

Look into the Cellebrite UFED series. The only major phones NOT supported is BlackBerry 10!

A BlackBerry 10 device with password cannot be accessed. Encryption is even better since it will prevent an attack by removing the physical NAND memory.

Posted via CB10
    Truth.
    05-31-14 02:26 AM
    I see a very very very small decrease in speed. But nothing you would notice if you didn't know encryption was on. I do not encrypt the media card but then I store nothing sensitive on it.

It's not like the legacy phones where turning on encryption brings things to a crawl.
    Using 10.2.1 3175 seems to speed things up a little to boot.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    I decided to encrypt my Q10 just to see, I didn't notice any performance loss, and maybe its just me but my battery life seemed to be longer lol, not sure if I was using my phone less or not, but at least it hasn't lessened the battery life either, which is great.

I do hope BB 10 implements TLS 1.2 instead of the current 1.0 however.
    05-31-14 11:41 PM
    I had a z10 the 1 st week it came out have everything encrypted. 2 months into it it fell on the side and cracked all along the screen, the phone became a useless paper weight cuz i had password enabled as well. Got another z10 and had to reformat my media card so everything's gone from it. Fortunately those anything I have on the phone and had backed up from BlackBerry Link was transferred. So word of advise if your are going to switch devices for what ever reason make sure you decrypt it 1 st. Same thing when I had to use a old memory card I had from my curve I had to go and dig up for that curve to decrypt the media card. Because even though I transferred the data to my torch could use the same card with out decrypting it.

Send from the amazing powers of the ? Z30
    06-01-14 04:51 PM
61 123