10-12-13 06:32 PM
34 12
tools
    All I see is that there is a new iPhone, and that Samsung, LG, HTC, and Sony have kickass alternatives. .
    In order to see what the OP sees you need to have an intense dislike for Apple.
    Then it will make sense.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-07-13 08:03 AM
    It is not positive with only Android out there either.
    10-10-13 07:26 PM
    Apple has already lost market share. It's been happening for some time now.
    Who makes the profit?

All this "market share" crapola is really funny. Apple don't care about market share, they care about profit and they own that segment.
    10-10-13 08:46 PM
    that's phones sent to carrier, not phones sold

Posted via CB10
    What a load of crap.

If Apple ships a phone, either to you or to BestBuy, it is a sale by Apple and is recorded as a sale for financial statement purposes.
    10-10-13 08:48 PM
    "If you adjust for the 5C, it's not the blowout that it initially looks like," said Gene Munster, an analyst at Piper Jaffray. He estimated that three million to four million iPhone 5C models are with retailers and that the number of both handsets in the hands of consumers was 5.5 million.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...680449134.html
    Gene Munster is an ***** trying to find any explanation, rational or not, as why his estimates could be so far off of reality - again.
    10-10-13 08:50 PM
    Demand for Apple's products is not fading, if Apple would release a larger screen and got competitive with pricing..... they would put everyone except Samsung out of their misery. But Apple has no desire to be a commodity product.

Personally I'd like to see four strong platforms all pushing one another to bring then next big thing. I don't want Apple to fail like BlackBerry, I want BlackBerry to succeed like Apple.
    10-11-13 07:42 AM
    I wonder if Apple is reaching a similar point to what Blackberry reached in 2008/2009. Iphones are the dominant brand, but people are starting to turn against them and Apple needs to pull a new trick out of its bag to stay ahead.

I work in nursing and yesterday at work some of the younger people were talking about phones and they were saying that Iphones are just fashion toys, but they aren't the most functional smartphones. To me, it sounds like the wind is starting to blow a different way. And the Korean manufacturers are capitalizing on this!

I'm not a huge fan of Android, but it seems to be the best OS right now. I really, really wish that Blackberry had gotten BB10 out more (even on other manufacturer's phones) so that it could compete with Android. But I guess there's no sense in crying over the past.
    10-12-13 05:55 AM
    I wonder if Apple is reaching a similar point to what Blackberry reached in 2008/2009. Iphones are the dominant brand, but people are starting to turn against them and Apple needs to pull a new trick out of its bag to stay ahead.

I work in nursing and yesterday at work some of the younger people were talking about phones and they were saying that Iphones are just fashion toys, but they aren't the most functional smartphones. To me, it sounds like the wind is starting to blow a different way. And the Korean manufacturers are capitalizing on this!

I'm not a huge fan of Android, but it seems to be the best OS right now. I really, really wish that Blackberry had gotten BB10 out more (even on other manufacturer's phones) so that it could compete with Android. But I guess there's no sense in crying over the past.
    We shall see. Apple has already adjusted it's fourth quarter estimate on the same day they announced 9 million iPhones sold:
    UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
    Item 8.01. Other Events

On September 23, 2013, Apple Inc. (the "Company") announced that it has sold over nine million new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c models, just three days after the launch of the new iPhones on September 20.
    Apple expects total company revenue for the fourth fiscal quarter to be near the high end of the previously provided range of $34 billion to $37 billion, and expects gross margin to be near the high end of the previously provided range of 36% to 37%.
    10-12-13 04:33 PM
    Also relevant.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3975190

"But there's a rub: Apple has two new phones in 2013, and the company isn't breaking out separate sales figures for the 5S and the 5C. "
    10-12-13 06:32 PM
34 12