10-12-13 06:32 PM
34 12
tools
    Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Just noticed this article, whilst this doesn't help BlackBerry directly, it looks as though fashions may change, lead by the media. Apple may lose market share
    10-06-13 03:45 AM

Just noticed this article, whilst this doesn't help BlackBerry directly, it looks as though fashions may change, lead by the media. Apple may lose market share
    I guess it's a good thing there isn't some huge platform out there to swallow up all those disgruntled customers. Oh wait, there is!
    10-06-13 04:12 AM
    Did you post the link to the wrong article? The one I read just talked about 5 great phones and that you don't have to buy an iPhone. How is that the media leading people away?
    richardat likes this.
    10-06-13 07:34 AM
    Apple has already lost market share. It's been happening for some time now.
    10-06-13 08:39 AM
    Too bad all that lost Market Share is going to Android.

BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to make a net big enough to catch those users and cater to their expectations.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 09:29 AM
    Did you post the link to the wrong article? The one I read just talked about 5 great phones and that you don't have to buy an iPhone. How is that the media leading people away?
    Because no matter which carrier I go into in the UK there are huge iPhone adds, well I just thought that for once something different is beginning to emerge that doesn't begin with "i" and it is the media which is now reinforcing a trend away from iPhone, maybe the bubble burst
    10-06-13 11:54 AM
    Because no matter which carrier I go into in the UK there are huge iPhone adds, well I just thought that for once something different is beginning to emerge that doesn't begin with "i" and it is the media which is now reinforcing a trend away from iPhone, maybe the bubble burst
    A trend away from the iPhone? You do realize that the iPhone has never been a worldwide marketshare leader in smartphones, right? It was Nokia, and then it was Android. If anything, the trend was from Nokia to Android.
    10-06-13 01:06 PM
    A trend away from the iPhone? You do realize that the iPhone has never been a worldwide marketshare leader in smartphones, right? It was Nokia, and then it was Android. If anything, the trend was from Nokia to Android.
    well I understand respect your views but that isn't how it feels in the UK in our carrier stores you'd be lucky to find accessories for other than the iPhone, walls plastered with them.
    Also the article title seems to suggest that folk only think iphone and reminds them that there are alternatives
    10-06-13 01:36 PM
    9 million iPhone 5x, 9 countries, 3 days.

If that is your definition of the bubble bursting, then when would blackberry's bubble burst.

Or perhaps, blackberry no longer has a bubble to burst.

Bubbles
    10-06-13 01:59 PM
    9 million iPhone 5x, 9 countries, 3 days.

If that is your definition of the bubble bursting, then when would blackberry's bubble burst.

Or perhaps, blackberry no longer has a bubble to burst.

Bubbles
    that's phones sent to carrier, not phones sold

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 02:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    No it's iPhones sold.
    Carriers stock are depleted. If apple had more they would have sold more & launched in more than 9 countries, simple as that.

You must be thinking of blackberry devices, blackberry is having a hard time "selling" bb10.(by selling of course I mean giving away z10s & q10 devices)
    10-06-13 02:24 PM
    You could make that argument for devices sent to carriers, but remember that most iPhones are sold through the Apple retail and online stores. In the case of those devices, there is no "sell in", since the devices are shipped directly to the ordering customer.
    10-06-13 06:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's just not true, they are all sold. They don't "sell" phones like BB does.
    10-06-13 06:17 PM
    Those are devices sold.

I have tried to get my iPhone 5S through AT&T, Best Buy, and Apple retail stores. All depleted. Nowhere is it earlier than mid October at best. To make the argument that they're devices shipped and not sold would mean that Apple would have to be sitting on unsold equipment. By my own questioning and search of the the gold iPhone 5S 64G I've been wanting since day one, I can say that there are no such animals in the whole of DC, Maryland, Virginia, panhandle of West Virginia, and Southern Pennsylvania.

Yes, I've searched that much.

It makes no sense at all to withhold inventory that are sales waiting to happen.
    10-06-13 06:20 PM
    Yeah, Apple SELLS their phones to the carriers. They've got it like that.
    10-06-13 08:27 PM
    Also the article title seems to suggest that folk only think iphone and reminds them that there are alternatives
    Are you seeing a different article title than the one I am seeing because "Five of the best smartphones on the market today" does not seem to suggest that at all, especially when the accompanying graphic and the article itself includes the iPhone in that five (5) best.
    10-06-13 10:44 PM
    What goes up must come down, Apple cannot stay at the top forever. It's only a matter of time.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 10:48 PM
    Those are devices sold.

I have tried to get my iPhone 5S through AT&T, Best Buy, and Apple retail stores. All depleted. Nowhere is it earlier than mid October at best. To make the argument that they're devices shipped and not sold would mean that Apple would have to be sitting on unsold equipment. By my own questioning and search of the the gold iPhone 5S 64G I've been wanting since day one, I can say that there are no such animals in the whole of DC, Maryland, Virginia, panhandle of West Virginia, and Southern Pennsylvania.

Yes, I've searched that much.

It makes no sense at all to withhold inventory that are sales waiting to happen.
    That's the model I am waiting on. Ordered 21 Sep from Apple, day after launch, and only a vague "October" shipping date, let alone delivery date. It's getting painful, the wait.

As for marketshare, there have been several reports the past couple quarters suggesting that in the US Android marketshare is contracting somewhat. Not a huge amount and may be temporary but as of right now iOS isn't showing much weakness. Outside the US Android is still the juggernaut but WP appears to be the challenger of note recently; price definitely seems to be primary driver.
    10-07-13 01:49 AM

Last time I observed a stretch like this was a bungee jump.
    10-07-13 04:09 AM
    The bubble burst will need to wait until after everyone who wants ones gets there iphone 5c or 5S. There are still lines in front of Apple stores, some with customers 200 deep.

The Gold iPhone 5s is one of the most desired phones on the planet right now.

But you keep hope alive. One day you may get your wish. Just not today.
    10-07-13 04:15 AM
    That's just not true, they are all sold. They don't "sell" phones like BB does.
    "If you adjust for the 5C, it's not the blowout that it initially looks like," said Gene Munster, an analyst at Piper Jaffray. He estimated that three million to four million iPhone 5C models are with retailers and that the number of both handsets in the hands of consumers was 5.5 million.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...680449134.html
    10-07-13 04:37 AM
    "If you adjust for the 5C, it's not the blowout that it initially looks like," said Gene Munster, an analyst at Piper Jaffray. He estimated that three million to four million iPhone 5C models are with retailers and that the number of both handsets in the hands of consumers was 5.5 million.

Apple Sells 9 Million iPhones Over Debut Weekend - WSJ.com
    Probably explains the lines outside of Apple stores every morning.
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-07-13 04:41 AM
    Probably explains the lines outside of Apple stores every morning.
    That's because they are giving away free z10's and Alecia keys concert tickets.
    10-07-13 05:12 AM
    Don't get stuck with an iPhone article
    Oops, looks like a lot of poor Americans are seeking to get stuck with an iPhone. Let's hope this doesn't spread to the UK so you don't have to see all those pesky iPhone accessories.
    Canaccord: iPhone 5S is No. 1 at all U.S. carriers; 5C is No. 2 or 3
    10-07-13 07:07 AM

All I see is that there is a new iPhone, and that Samsung, LG, HTC, and Sony have kickass alternatives. .
    Geeoff likes this.
    10-07-13 07:37 AM
34 12