DIVSI (German Institute for trust and security on the Internet ) introduced in March 2014 a study on " Find out more about the use of smartphones ". This OS are compared: BlackBerry OS10, Android, iOS and WindowsPhone. In the study report the complex processes that run in the background are explained.

In english on bblogs.info

Original article in german on bb10qnx.de

Best regards
    Ben
    12-10-14 01:26 AM
    Well lookie here

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 01:53 AM
    really hard to understand everything they said. Some things I know they state are also incorrect. They claim BB is better since they write their own facebook app which is true and also why the app is a piece of crap lol. In the end it looks like it compares only security and its no surprise that BB should come out on top since it brings BES into the equation
    12-10-14 01:59 AM
    Yes, it is a little hard to read some parts of the translation. Was all the testing done on a BlackBerry that is using BES?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 02:13 AM
    Sorry for mistakes in the translation. It wasn't test on BES. It's a test for private users.
    12-10-14 03:15 AM
    Sorry for mistakes in the translation. It wasn't test on BES. It's a test for private users.
    I appreciate all the effort in making the translation - thank you very much.

We often talk about the security advantages of our BlackBerry's but it's nice to see them laid out like that.

Posted via CB10
    Benbb10qnx likes this.
    12-10-14 07:09 AM
    The testing was fair for all platforms, nothing in those tests seemed to favor one OS over another, nothing seems "rigged"

Some interesting notes though for Android about the grouping of permissions and how they could change after a selection because you update a separate app

Also, they mention BES in the testing, but only as a remark about the test and how BES would change the result, the testing was all done using a regular consumer device

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 07:19 AM
    Some of the points belonging to BlackBerry and BES I have added and wasn't in the original study.
    12-10-14 08:02 AM
    Nice dig by Howie on the FB app being crap. It seems to work fine on my Z10.
    Article was a lengthy read. I was interested in the comparisons since I only see iOS when others use it, I don't have any desire to use one myself.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    12-10-14 09:12 AM
    Article was a lengthy read. I was interested in the comparisons since I only see iOS when others use it, I don't have any desire to use one myself.

Facebook app isn't that crap on latest beta

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 09:33 AM
    Interesting how many connections an App like Angry Birds makes on the other platforms....
    12-10-14 10:34 AM
    Interesting how many connections an App like Angry Birds makes on the other platforms....
    Google games and apple game center would be a big part of that reason.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 10:35 AM
    So, don't load Angry Birds on Android.
    12-10-14 10:45 AM
    So, don't load Angry Birds on Android.
    Almost any game will have the same effect because of Google play. And for other apps Google services will be the extra annoyance.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 10:47 AM
    Very nice and interesting comparison.. thanks OP!

My Z10/Z30 photography channel
    Benbb10qnx likes this.
    12-10-14 11:28 AM
    Thanks for posting. Would encourage even more information on this topic.

BlackBerry hates America!
    Benbb10qnx likes this.
    12-10-14 11:31 AM
    I dont think you have mistakes in the translation at all. They just have mistakes in the article as a whole i would assume.

We see threads here all the time talking about how bad the app is. I dont think its that bad really but I do agree that the apps built by facebook are better in most regards.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    12-10-14 01:08 PM
    We see threads here all the time talking about how bad the app is. I dont think its that bad really but I do agree that the apps built by facebook are better in most regards.
    Facebook app does work fine on BB10, but iOS and Android have newer apps with some additional features. It's only when you use the app on multiple platforms that you notice that the BlackBerry one is not as "refined". And that is because BlackBerry doesn't put as much time into the app and Facebook puts into it themselves.

It was interesting.... but at the end it talked about all the data sharing and utilization may seem to be unnecessary for some of these platforms today. But that with the IoT coming about and the need to connect to other device - "data glasses", Car, TV's.... the sharing of data is only going to increase.

Personally I wish that BlackBerry had a bigger share than they do, because I think they do the best job of allowing control of this data flow and making sure that it is secure.
    12-10-14 02:18 PM
    Facebook app does work fine on BB10, but iOS and Android have newer apps with some additional features. It's only when you use the app on multiple platforms that you notice that the BlackBerry one is not as "refined". And that is because BlackBerry doesn't put as much time into the app and Facebook puts into it themselves.

It was interesting.... but at the end it talked about all the data sharing and utilization may seem to be unnecessary for some of these platforms today. But that with the IoT coming about and the need to connect to other device - "data glasses", Car, TV's.... the sharing of data is only going to increase.

Personally I wish that BlackBerry had a bigger share than they do, because I think they do the best job of allowing control of this data flow and making sure that it is secure.
    that they do.
    12-10-14 05:23 PM
    Pretty good translation, thanks for sharing. :-)

A few words are mixed up, it says "safety" instead of the more appropriate "security", but it's because the German language has only got one word that covers both distinct meanings, "Sicherheit".

? ? ? Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    Benbb10qnx likes this.
    12-10-14 05:33 PM