05-11-14 04:03 AM
114 ... 2345
tools
    BlackBerry used to pride itself on EFFICIENCY, not specs. If a dual core phone can better manage calls, emails, and battery life better than a quad core phone that drains your battery, wouldn't that be better? I realize users want apps and specs, but do they really enhance the basic BlackBerry experience. Remember, tests have proven that BlackBerry has the fastest mobile browser. They have the best radios. These are the things business users value.
    Just because a phone is quad core doesn't necessarily mean it'll be more of a battery hog. Remember here: We're comparing an older gen dual core (Z30) to new gen quad core (high end Android or Windows Phone). Newer processors are more efficient. Think of it this way: Would a V6 engine from 10 years ago have better fuel economy than a V8 engine today just because it's a V6? No.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    04-29-14 08:24 PM
    Blackberry's problem isn't screen size or processor related - the problem is lack of capabilities to use popular apps. Many x blackberry users I've spoken with really liked the size of RIM's phones, the look and quality feel of them - they just got tired of not being able to do so many things that folks on other platforms could do.
    04-30-14 09:29 PM
    As I have said before, the physical keyboard device market is dead here in the USA. I know allot of the faithful will flog me for this but this is reality in 2014.

Everyone I knew that once used an older Blackberry keyboard device would never go back and are now using a touchscreen device be it Android or IOS.

Everyone I have shown my z30 to, loves the device, but when they start asking me about long term device support, warranty and the stability of the company! Based on what I have seen in the USA the last six months! I can't with a clear mind give them an honest answer folks!

With the recent pissing match between T Mobile and Blackberry and the lack of any advertising or promotion of their products here in USA, you tell me how I should answer them?

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    JeepBB, kbz1960 and ajst222 like this.
    05-01-14 03:58 AM
    As I have said before, the physical keyboard device market is dead here in the USA. I know allot of the faithful will flog me for this but this is reality in 2014.

Everyone I knew that once used an older Blackberry keyboard device would never go back and are now using a touchscreen device be it Android or IOS.

Everyone I have shown my z30 to, loves the device, but when they start asking me about long term device support, warranty and the stability of the company! Based on what I have seen in the USA the last six months! I can't with a clear mind give them an honest answer folks!

With the recent pissing match between T Mobile and Blackberry and the lack of any advertising or promotion of their products here in USA, you tell me how I should answer them?

I think the keyboard market still exists in enterprise and BlackBerry would be foolish not to secure the last area they still maintain an advantage before they wade back into the waters currently controlled by samsung and apple. As far as warranty coverage goes that's on their carrier. What should you tell people who ask about long term stability of the company and device support...I'd say I don't know. But I'd say that to anyone asking about samsung or apple too. Because I don't. Unless they plan on using the phone for the rest of their lives, I'd probably tell them they're over thinking the purchase.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 05:42 AM
    They better get in enterprise as other MDM solutions are starting to eat their lunch too unless it's mission critical and even then.
    ajst222 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    05-01-14 07:44 AM
    I think the keyboard market still exists in enterprise and BlackBerry would be foolish not to secure the last area they still maintain an advantage before they wade back into the waters currently controlled by samsung and apple. As far as warranty coverage goes that's on their carrier. What should you tell people who ask about long term stability of the company and device support...I'd say I don't know. But I'd say that to anyone asking about samsung or apple too. Because I don't. Unless they plan on using the phone for the rest of their lives, I'd probably tell them they're over thinking the purchase.

Posted via CB10
    They have two Keyboard device in the market now... and they aren't selling well. Any guarantee that a cheaper version or a more "classic" version is going to do better?

As for stability of the company..... there is no comparison to BlackBerry's situation and Samsung or Apple. Yes Apple has had a few headline of being in trouble.... but with device sales still growing and $150 BILLION in CASH, it just isn't the same kind of problems.
    05-01-14 08:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    As far as the warranty issue goes, that should be a Blackberry thing and the carriers should no be responsible for any warranty issues.

Blackberry designed it and contracted the electronics company to build it, not the carriers. Apple has the best warranty in the business and if I where going to have to improve my warranty policies, I would look at the how the ones with the highest satisfaction rating with their customers do it and start from there.

05-01-14 02:10 PM
    Did they say touchscreen it smartphone?

Could be a tablet.

Having said that, give me a screen size between the z10 and z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 03:38 PM
    As an enterprise user, I will never go back to a keyboard. I like the large screen (want a 5.5 - 6"), virtual keyboard. I used to have a Bold. Will not go back. I live and die by my phone.

Look at the businesses that are leaving BBRY. They are going to NON keyboard phones. Keyboards are a very small niche market.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-01-14 03:38 PM
    Look at the businesses that are leaving BBRY. They are going to NON keyboard phones. Keyboards are a very small niche market.
    I totally agree. The idea that keyboards are going to be the savior of BlackBerry is wishful thinking.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    MAJ009 likes this.
    05-02-14 12:17 AM
    The whole point of the Blackberry Classic is retention. All the people (mostly enterprise, let's be real) who refuse to let go of their old Bolds will be more receptive to that familiar (niche) form factor. Blackberry wants to keep these people but also move them to BB10.

I'm one of the weirdos who prefers a keyboard but doesn't miss the toolbelt and as a result doesn't have much interest in the Classic. The interest in keyboards does exist outside of enterprise, but no one REALLY thinks that the keyboard will save the company.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-02-14 02:29 AM
    I totally agree. The idea that keyboards are going to be the savior of BlackBerry is wishful thinking.

Agreed, I don't mind BlackBerry trying to retain qwerty users, but even to think that it is the way forward is like living in a fools paradise. Just look where qwerty has them now, those who used qwerty have now primarily shifted to touch phone by choice, majority users left behind are those who are enterprises stuck with BIS and I acknowledge a very few are here by choice qwerty users as well, but guys let's just see what are the numbers?? Where has this taken BlackBerry to? On verge of extinction? To bounce back, we need to beat others in their own game or lay out an altogether different new GAME So others would follow US ( read BLACKBERRY) . And for sure qwerty is neither of them.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:23 AM
    As an enterprise user, I will never go back to a keyboard. I like the large screen (want a 5.5 - 6"), virtual keyboard. I used to have a Bold. Will not go back. I live and die by my phone.

Would you go to a 5" screen with qwerty keyboard? Because that is rumored to be the next device.

And if not you, don't take it personally but Bbry actually does market research. They aren't making it based on hope.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 12:43 PM
    They better get in enterprise as other MDM solutions are starting to eat their lunch too unless it's mission critical and even then.
    They have over 60% of MDM. That's like telling Google to watch out for Bbry and msft.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 12:44 PM
    Wow, everyone here seems to not realize that Bbry is making the 5" qwerty because they STATED that business consumers want a large qwerty device.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 12:46 PM
    Your out of touch with the high end market. When released both the Z10 and Z30 were behind the tech standard. Dual core, not quad. Low res screen. Low res camera etc.

Both need improvements.

Also the Z10 is out selling both the Q10 and Z30.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    That's because

1. z10 launched first,all the loyalists waited for that.
    2.z10 is now damn cheap where as q10 and z30 haven't got considerable price cuts

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    05-02-14 01:59 PM
    They have two Keyboard device in the market now... and they aren't selling well. Any guarantee that a cheaper version or a more "classic" version is going to do better?

As for stability of the company..... there is no comparison to BlackBerry's situation and Samsung or Apple. Yes Apple has had a few headline of being in trouble.... but with device sales still growing and $150 BILLION in CASH, it just isn't the same kind of problems.
    If the enterprise market wants a classic then make it. That's my opinion. The stability of the company answer is an honest one. I don't know what will happen to any of these companies in two years. None of us do. Unless you are planning on using the device for the rest of your life then I'd say just buy what you like.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:14 PM
    As far as the warranty issue goes, that should be a Blackberry thing and the carriers should no be responsible for any warranty issues.

Blackberry designed it and contracted the electronics company to build it, not the carriers. Apple has the best warranty in the business and if I where going to have to improve my warranty policies, I would look at the how the ones with the highest satisfaction rating with their customers do it and start from there.

The apple model is fine. But I bought my phone from t-mobile. If it breaks down they overnight me a new one. That's what I expect and that's what I get.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:17 PM
    That's because

1. z10 launched first,all the loyalists waited for that.
    2.z10 is now damn cheap where as q10 and z30 haven't got considerable price cuts

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    Sorry, I think he's right. BB10 phones were behind when they were launched. BlackBerry needs to release a device that competes on specs at the time it launches, not a year earlier.

05-02-14 06:41 PM
    And if not you, don't take it personally but Bbry actually does market research. They aren't making it based on hope.

Posted via CB10
    So did Market Research tell them to make the Z10 and Z30, or did they just start doing it recently? Seems kinda strange that if they have indeed done proper market research that they would have started with the Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z30, and that it also told them to now make a Classic and 5" Qwerty devices.

So either they were negligent before, or are grasping now.

Posted via CB10
    anon1727506 and JeepBB like this.
    05-02-14 06:51 PM
    So did Market Research tell them to make the Z10 and Z30, or did they just start doing it recently? Seems kinda strange that if they have indeed done proper market research that they would have started with the Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z30, and that it also told them to now make a Classic and 5" Qwerty devices.

So either they were negligent before, or are grasping now.

Posted via CB10
    If you followed Bbry like many of us here, you would know that I was referring to Chens comments.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:26 PM
    If you followed Bbry like many of us here, you would know that I was referring to Chens comments.

Posted via CB10
    Oh well that makes it fact.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 09:08 PM
    If the enterprise market wants a classic then make it. That's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    That has been my view as well. Keeping the view point of BlackBerry and it's worldwide plans instead of just the US way of thinking coming out with more qwerty devices than full touch devices makes sense. The legacy devices that out sold BB10 were mainly qwerty devices so folks made a choice to use qwerty instead of full touch. Innovation with both qwerty and full touch will be the key. That's why I'm so excited about the Q30 and it's new keyboard features.

Posted via Z30 C001F29E5
    05-04-14 02:14 AM
    That has been my view as well. Keeping the view point of BlackBerry and it's worldwide plans instead of just the US way of thinking coming out with more qwerty devices than full touch devices makes sense. The legacy devices that out sold BB10 were mainly qwerty devices so folks made a choice to use qwerty instead of full touch. Innovation with both qwerty and full touch will be the key. That's why I'm so excited about the Q30 and it's new keyboard features.

Posted via Z30 C001F29E5
    They were $100 qwerty devices with cheap plans. In these same markets that they saw huge growth with these devices/plans they are now seeing cheap Android all touch devices eat their lunch. The only people buying Bolds are business and Government that haven't upgraded their BES (another bonehead BlackBerry decision that we saw coming all the way back at the PlayBook launch). I have serious doubts that any PKB device is going to sell well for BlackBerry because the market has been adjusting to all touch now for years.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 08:16 AM
    I hate to say it too, but BlackBerry has to leave the 1:1 aspect devices behind. That screen size is simply unacceptable for today - on so many levels.

However, that does not mean that there is not a market for those who prefer a keyboard. BlackBerry just needs to make a slider for that market so that people can have the best of both worlds with a full screen, perhaps a tool belt and a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    guygardner73 and bakron1 like this.
    05-05-14 04:49 AM
114 ... 2345