Guys, the OP of this thread runs a BBM Channel called "BlackBerry Channel World Crack" and made this exact post there. Now I doubt someone who "works" at BlackBerry would leak that kind of info to a "friend" who runs a BlackBerry news/leak channel.

I'm just saying...

Posted via My Beast Q10
    So what about lengend? He has his own BBM channel...

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 06:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well this guy isn't the legend

Posted via My Beast Q10
    smart548 likes this.
    04-28-14 06:23 AM
    A high end touch to replace my Z10 I want to see.

Posted via CB10
    Yes...as large as the Z30. With a battery to match!
    kbz1960 and heepman like this.
    04-28-14 06:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure that he does.. what I took the post on the bbm channel to say, was that, that comment about the phones was found on the Web, and he just wanted people to comment on the quote

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 07:04 AM
    Specs definitely matter. Everyone seems to have forgotten that running Android apps is important to many BlackBerry users, and my Z10 is a slower performer than even last year's flagship Androids, including my HTC One m7.

So BlackBerry needs to close the spec gap, the availability gap, and carrier relations gap. It's absurd to think that you can win, or even survive, against such fierce competition if you do not put out a device that can better match up with top devices. Actually, the goal is to leave the competition in the dust, not justify why you can "get away" with an 8 MP camera, 720p screen, etc.!

Launch a respectable (by 2014 standards) flagship all-touch device ASAP--definitely before the iPhone launch. 4.75 inch screen with a 3000 mAmp battery should be okay. Make nice with carriers so that it can be bought on a plan here in the States.

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    Thank you!
    Specs matter! Make the next all- touch a beast! give it the Z30 size (almost like the Note 3), a better camera, a little bigger battery. Removeable would be cool too. And do it for the holiday shopping time slot.
    kbz1960, heepman and eldricho like this.
    04-28-14 07:06 AM
    From everything I read on here the majority of users think the Z30 is good enough as is. While that might be true the phone needs to eventually be upgraded, typical life cycles of a phone.

For all those that think it's good enough and you don't need such high end specs I have one word for you, PLAYBOOK!!! Technology changes, more rapidly today then ever and that speed is only accelerating. While the device may be awesome, to say that it won't need to be improved on is somewhat foolish and will certainly not bode well for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my thoughts!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 07:07 AM
    Thank you!
    Specs matter! Make the next all- touch a beast! give it the Z30 size (almost like the Note 3), a better camera, a little bigger battery. Removeable would be cool too. And do it for the holiday shopping time slot.
    Yes Specs matter...

Unfortunately EVERYTHING MATTERS.

• Stable OS
    • Marketing
    • Easy to use App Store that is full of the Apps people want.
    • Developer Support
    • Ecosystem with content that is competitively prices and easily available now and in the future
    • Competitive Pricing
    • Marketing
    • Competitive Specs
    • Nice designs
    • Quality Control - hardware and software
    • Flagship Devices with WOW Specs to make headlines with.
    • Positive Brand Recognition
    • Marketing
    • Features that matter - like really good camera (front & back)
    • Features that can set you apart - SD Card, Cloud Integration, BBM, Security
    • Carrier Support
    • Marketing
    • Brand Stability - can people trust you will be there in the future
    • Customer Support (lots of stories of BlackBerry's slipping or problems with Tier One - Carriers)
    • LOTS of Cash in case you make a mistake along the way (like MS and the launch of Windows Phone or BlackBerry and the launch of BB10 & Z10)

The smartphone business is very hard to compete in these days, especially whey you are trying to do everything. You miss on one of these any you'll have a tough time. You miss on three or more like BlackBerry has...
    04-28-14 07:48 AM
    I wish that BlackBerry would follow the Apple approach to their devices.

Note: in an attempt to catch up, Apple looks like they might be releasing two, but at minimum one iPhone with a larger screen.

What does the iPhone intel say - that the phone is going to be about the same size as the HTC One M7. What does this mean?

It is perhaps only 1mm wider than the z10 and about 5-7mm taller. Everyone predicts that it will have a 4.7 in screen, pushed to the edges to fit. This is much like the HTC One or the Motox.

What did they do with this strateg?. The attempted to keep the phone as 1 hand usable as possible by removing the bezels.

I am also sure that they are going to have their standard BS upgrades that don't amount to anything different that what is already in the market. But, what will they tout? How they kept the phone narrow enough to use one handed.

BlackBerry needs to build on the z10, and continue to incrementally make it better with the latest innovations from the z30 with the latest quad core processors. If we want another mega phablet, then make that the upgrade to the z30. Those of us in the one hand realm want the z10 form factor upgraded.

Why quad core? But BlackBerry 10 needs it. Perhaps Android apps would launch faster if they could multi thread everything they need to run the Android player for every app

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 07:53 AM

Plus, I doubt Chen knows... If the Z3 flops, he is going to have to really consider their future direction.

Posted via CB10
    I think this is right. If BlackBerry can't sell Z3, I think the days of BlackBerry phones are numbered.

Z3 is incredibly important for those of us who want BlackBerry to stay in the smartphone game.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and anon1727506 like this.
    04-28-14 08:24 AM
    Android users buy specs.
    Iphone users buy brand (cr@p, there are still idiots buying the iphone 4S)

It would be great if BB users would buy into the experience of Bb10.
    If someone chooses a make of phone you may dislike for whatever reason
    respect their choice, no need to call them idiots, being a Blackberry phone
    BB10 / BBos 7 and playbook user i am considered an eccentric by my own family
    and friends all i phone/ i pad users but they respect my choice as i do with their Apple
    devices, my two Granddaughters have just bought their first phones i phone 4s are you
    implying they are idiots?.
    TGR1 and JeepBB like this.
    04-28-14 09:35 AM
    I do not have a BBM channel, well I do but it is about what I do for work and nothing to do with tech or phones. Who ever stated this is lying!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 10:10 AM
    My hope is that BlackBerry reduces the extra space on the front of their full touch devices that isn't used by screen. I was surprised when I got my Z10 that it was about the same size as my SGS3, but the SGS3 had a 4.8in screen. I think both the Z10 and Z30 are very distinctive and nice looking phones, but at the end of the day I like a larger screen that doesn't make the device huge.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    04-28-14 10:53 AM
    Recording or it didn't happen.
    take it with a grain of salt....problem solved.
    04-28-14 11:46 AM
    take it with a grain of salt....problem solved.
    Always do. Just want to let others in on it.
    04-28-14 12:08 PM
    Sorry,

The facts are that a vast majority of people who buy these phones don't have a single clue about specs. I asked people and friends who don't work in the IT industry and not a single one could tell me the specs for their phones. IPhones actually have low specs for screen resolution, size of screen, RAM and features like NFC, etc. Yet they sell. I am sure that posters will say that iPhones are different and they don't need specs to sell. So the fact is specs don't sell except the those that want to brag that they have the latest (although most won't be able to give the specs for the phones).

Please show us the numbers to prove that your Z10 is slower in use than other leading phones. What did use for testing that slowness?
    Apple sells devices with the highest quality and quantity of apps available, superior customer service, and the brand is viewed highly positively. Android OEM'S have competed against apple with success by putting out high end devices at same or lower pricing. Nokia has been competing against this with value with limited, but better than BB10 success. BlackBerry's approach of middling hardware, that still performs well at premium prices is a now proven failed business model. They have two options now: compete on specs or compete on price because they can't compete on name brand or ecosystem currently.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 02:18 PM
    As a former Z10er and Z30 owner, I think that 4,7 would be the perfection...
    04-28-14 02:54 PM
    Apple sells devices with the highest quality and quantity of apps available, superior customer service, and the brand is viewed highly positively. Android OEM'S have competed against apple with success by putting out high end devices at same or lower pricing. Nokia has been competing against this with value with limited, but better than BB10 success. BlackBerry's approach of middling hardware, that still performs well at premium prices is a now proven failed business model. They have two options now: compete on specs or compete on price because they can't compete on name brand or ecosystem currently.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing you said disproves what I said about most people having no clue what specs they have on their phone. So it isn't specs that sell.
    04-28-14 03:59 PM
    Nothing you said disproves what I said about most people having no clue what specs they have on their phone. So it isn't specs that sell.
    So you don't think all these carrier store reps that have been pushing high end Android over everything, including Apple, aren't telling customers anything about faster processors, larger and higher res screens, memory, etc. to try to persuade people to purchase devices? You need only look at many threads here and elsewhere to see that is indeed happening. So why give competition line by line advantages that can and will be used against you at the point of sale.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-28-14 04:18 PM
    So you don't think all these carrier store reps that have been pushing high end Android over everything, including Apple, aren't telling customers anything about faster processors, larger and higher res screens, memory, etc. to try to persuade people to purchase devices? You need only look at many threads here and elsewhere to see that is indeed happening. So why give competition line by line advantages that can and will be used against you at the point of sale.

Posted via CB10
    They aren't doing it if people don't have a clue after they buy them what the specs are. Remember, they are getting money back and telling people that Blackberry is bankrupt and no longer in business. People are not buying them for specs if they don't know the specs. The salespeople can and are lying about the devices and people take it hook line and sinker. PT Barnum was right.
    04-28-14 04:44 PM
    They aren't doing it if people don't have a clue after they buy them what the specs are. Remember, they are getting money back and telling people that Blackberry is bankrupt and no longer in business. People are not buying them for specs if they don't know the specs. The salespeople can and are lying about the devices and people take it hook line and sinker. PT Barnum was right.
    Most people can't tell you how much horsepower their car has either, or many other features that the salesman spewed out during the sale, but it helped to move and differentiate the product against a competitor. Only car people or smartphone people remember or care about that info.

Most people either want more bang for the buck and value for their dollar, or pay more for prestige or quality. All that has left BlackBerry with for the BB10 rollout is the enthusiasts as they provided neither with the current devices. Z30 doesn't appear to be underpowered, but it is certainly underspec'd and that can and has been used against it in reviews. Below is an exert from one.

It packs a large 5-inch 720p HD resolution display, which the company says has a pixel density of 295 pixels per inch. Of course, that's nowhere near as sharp as the displays on the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4, whose full HD screens offer 468ppi and 441ppi, respectively. Still, it's practically gigantic compared with the displays gracing the previous BlackBerry Z10 (4.2-inch) and BlackBerry Q10 (3.1-inch).
    Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-28-14 05:50 PM
    BlackBerry used to pride itself on EFFICIENCY, not specs. If a dual core phone can better manage calls, emails, and battery life better than a quad core phone that drains your battery, wouldn't that be better? I realize users want apps and specs, but do they really enhance the basic BlackBerry experience. Remember, tests have proven that BlackBerry has the fastest mobile browser. They have the best radios. These are the things business users value.
    04-28-14 06:17 PM
    Many of these Quad Core processors are designed for low power operation. The argument that we don't need specs, apps, Android..... or apparently customers.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    04-28-14 08:31 PM
    BlackBerry used to pride itself on EFFICIENCY, not specs. If a dual core phone can better manage calls, emails, and battery life better than a quad core phone that drains your battery, wouldn't that be better? I realize users want apps and specs, but do they really enhance the basic BlackBerry experience. Remember, tests have proven that BlackBerry has the fastest mobile browser. They have the best radios. These are the things business users value.
    Funny I remember when the browsers sucked in BBOS that people said the browser wasn't important either. If business users truly valued fast browser and best radio, then BlackBerry 10 would be selling quite well in the business sector wouldn't it? But yet still those pesky apps get in the way. And many of these multi core processors now are big/little combinations for power efficiency. People need to stop making excuses for BlackBerry and start demanding a more from them.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-28-14 08:58 PM
    Why don't we realise it is this same excuse that it is not required and that is not required is responsible for BlackBerry downfall. Very simple, if people thought the same then BlackBerry would be selling millions and millions of devices. Unfortunately this hasn't happened. Which shows us that to charge premiums BlackBerry needs to deliver a premium device at least in terms of specs.
    In one of the articles here on CB recently by Jubei... he mentioned a BlackBerry employee saying that the problem with BlackBerry was not that the company didn't listen what customers wanted but the fact that BlackBerry thought that it knew what the customers wanted was not actually required by them and they could do with out it. Look where this mentality already took them and we still defend average specced devices at premium charges by saying that our OS doesn't require Quad core or Octa Core and screen resolution is fine because it cannot be differentiated by naked eye and bla bla.... Guys, come on, it's SIMPLY NOT WORKING.... Let them build one SOLID market leading device that at THAT Point blows the competition once every year for a premium charged device.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 03:24 AM
    Regarding battery life, the Z30 and LG G2 get very similar battery life and the batteries are roughly the same size (2800mah vs 3000mah). However, the G2 has a 1080p screen and quad core processor.
    04-29-14 11:41 AM
114 12345