Anyone see the phone in the background on a blue stand?

Part two of the Session, around minute 20:00?
    10-18-11 10:32 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Stay tuned to day 2 of DEVCON! .... and Day 3! .. More announcements expected
    10-18-11 10:33 PM

i must have missed something..any link to minute 20?
    10-18-11 11:15 PM
    I think that is just a Torch 9850/9860 :P
    10-18-11 11:42 PM
    BB Devcon Webcast Part 2

The official website is here. I suspect (hope?) more content will go under the content dropdown
    10-18-11 11:54 PM
    Stay tuned to day 2 of DEVCON! .... and Day 3! .. More announcements expected
    I hope so, while it would have been nice to see Mike "unveil" OS 2.0 I think we're likely to get more information from developer workshops, etc over today and tomorrow.
    10-19-11 12:55 AM
    I think that is just a Torch 9850/9860 :P
    This. Or it's someones Android they let rest on the table. :P
    10-19-11 01:14 AM
    This. Or it's someones Android they let rest on the table. :P
    conveniently centered on a blue box???
    10-19-11 07:21 AM
    "Jim Balsillie - Co-CEO: Well, we've got a lot of planned announcements at DevCon in October and we've got we're announcing our new development platform for QNX and our QNX-based phones, when we're launching the development phones so that people can start experiencing the QNX phones and the applications. So, we've got a lot of things planned, at this point we want to be careful not to give up too many of our secrets and specifications on the product and delivery dates, but we're very excited and the fact that we've already got the development phones operating right now and we're testing them is a great sign. "
    10-19-11 07:41 AM

I think that's a Torch.
    10-19-11 07:44 AM
    "Jim Balsillie - Co-CEO: Well, we've got a lot of planned announcements at DevCon in October and we've got we're announcing our new development platform for QNX and our QNX-based phones, when we're launching the development phones so that people can start experiencing the QNX phones and the applications. So, we've got a lot of things planned, at this point we want to be careful not to give up too many of our secrets and specifications on the product and delivery dates, but we're very excited and the fact that we've already got the development phones operating right now and we're testing them is a great sign. "
    I guess this could be going on in the background with an NDA?
    10-19-11 07:50 AM
    It's a Torch. The Foursquare and Groupon guys use it later in the session.
    10-19-11 08:24 AM
    "Jim Balsillie - Co-CEO: Well, we've got a lot of planned announcements at DevCon in October and we've got we're announcing our new development platform for QNX and our QNX-based phones[/B], when we're launching the development phones so that people can start experiencing the QNX phones and the applications. So, we've got a lot of things planned, at this point we want to be careful not to give up too many of our secrets and specifications on the product and delivery dates, but we're very excited and the fact that we've already got the development phones operating right now and we're testing them is a great sign. "
    In retrospect, while you can look at that and read "we're announcing . . . our QNX-based phones," I think he meant to say that they were just announcing the development platform for the phones (and announcing "when we're launching the development phones").

It's not good when you have a co-CEO who cannot communicate clearly.
    10-19-11 09:02 AM
    @ lawguyman

You didn't just quote Jim did you?
    10-19-11 09:44 AM

And he does so....every time. Someone needs to get this guy some professional communications/pr training. That just makes for bad business when a leader cannot effectively (or correctly) communicate.
    10-19-11 10:49 AM
    In retrospect, while you can look at that and read "we're announcing . . . our QNX-based phones," I think he meant to say that they were just announcing the development platform for the phones (and announcing "when we're launching the development phones").

And he does so....every time. Someone needs to get this guy some professional communications/pr training. That just makes for bad business when a leader cannot effectively (or correctly) communicate.
    Well back in September on the earnings call they said:
    The development platform for QNX phones will be presented in more detail at DevCon in October, and prototype phones featuring the QNX operating system and development platform will be available in the not too distant future.
    which is pretty clear that no QNX/BBX phones would be shown off at DevCon. Only the QNX/BBX platform would be presented "in more detail" and that's what they did.
    10-19-11 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD