01-21-15 08:48 PM
167 ... 567
tools
    What we have to consider is that BlackBerry is just getting back into profits, and with 3 billion in cash and major investments in hbox and iot, plus a partnership with samsung for security it looks like a 7 billion deal is a steal.

4 billion for all they own, plus all they are invested in with major markets. I believe people have been trying to take them up on the previous sale offer now that they see they can survive. But BlackBerry sees that too and is willing to go at it with partnerships rather than a sale

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 04:10 PM
    ...bet they losta bundle on BBbobby

Bet they lost a bundle on blackberry stuff they can't sell...

BBC News - Target: 17,600 jobs at risk as retailer leaves Canada
    01-15-15 05:27 PM
    LOL. At the end of the day, rumor denied by BlackBerry.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-16-15 at 10:25 AM.
    01-15-15 05:53 PM
    BlackBerry lies a lot...
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-15-15 07:41 PM
    I saw headlines like 'BBRY stock plummets 12% after rumors of takeover denied'

Then I read that the stock first went up 30%. Was there a net gain?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 07:47 PM
    Pretty sure that companies are not allowed to LIE or MISLED investors..... "BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry." There are rules that have to be followed.
    Oh yeah...because Blackberry has never lied. Pretty much all that came out of TH mouth was a lie
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-15-15 09:47 PM
    I saw headlines like 'BBRY stock plummets 12% after rumors of takeover denied'

Then I read that the stock first went up 30%. Was there a net gain?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, if you were to buy the stock before the rumor, then a half hour after the rumor hit, you would have gained approximently 30% on your investment. The next day (when the rumors were denied) you would be down a lot but still up a little bit from your buy price (initial investment).
    01-15-15 10:29 PM
    I think someone over reported a conversation the two companies had related to joint ventures or licensing agreements. Samsung is looking to get away from Google and Tizen is failing. Android phones in the Third World are basically sub $100 now and SAamsung needs something to distinguish itself. Since they are offering a Tizen based system, they concede their audience cares not for third party "apps," as there are none. Blackberry still has a cache in India and Aisa.

Samsung has minimal presence in MDM. Blackberry offers this. They have no real presence in MDM security and BB does. So, cooperation is in order. A buy? Not at $13. It's cooperation or many more $$$.
    I don't know why you say Samsung is looking to get away from Google. Their galaxy line continues to be their main focus and it was recently reported that they are working at removing unnecessary bloat from touchwiz to make it closer to stock android. As for Tizen they really never put much effort into that project and there is no evidence to show that they ever intended for it replace their most profitable product line, Galaxy phones. As for conceding that their customers don't care about 3rd party apps, I think you know that's nonsense since even BB knows how important 3rd party apps are hence the Android run time they have built into BB10 devices.

Where did you get all this?
    01-16-15 08:05 AM
    I don't know why you say Samsung is looking to get away from Google. Their galaxy line continues to be their main focus and it was recently reported that they are working at removing unnecessary bloat from touchwiz to make it closer to stock android. As for Tizen they really never put much effort into that project and there is no evidence to show that they ever intended for it replace their most profitable product line, Galaxy phones. As for conceding that their customers don't care about 3rd party apps, I think you know that's nonsense since even BB knows how important 3rd party apps are hence the Android run time they have built into BB10 devices.

Where did you get all this?
    Of course Samsung would LOVE to get away from Google and own their own Platform.... Imagine how much money Apple is making from iTunes that Samsung gets no part of from Google and the Play Store. All Samsung gets is an opportunity to sale hardware, and that is a VERY tough business right now.

But no Samsung realizes that right now, there is no way for them to leave Android... doesn't mean they aren't exploring options as you never know what the future might hold.

Tizen, Sailfish, Firefox, BB10... these are all fringe platforms that are only good for niche markets.
    Last edited by scalemaster34; 01-16-15 at 10:22 AM.
    01-16-15 08:19 AM
    Of course Samsung would LOVE to get away from Google and own their own Platform.... Imagine how much money Apple is making from iTunes that Samsung gets no part of from Google and the Play Store. All Samsung gets is an opportunity to sale hardware, and that is a VERY tough business right now.

But no Samsung realizes that right now, there is no way for them to leave Android... doesn't mean they aren't exploring options as you never know what the future might hold.

Tizen, Sailfish, Firefox, BB10... these are all fringe platforms that are only good for niche markets.
    I agree that they would love to leave and they realize that right now it's just a dream. If they are exploring other options it doesn't really look they are pouring a great deal of effort into them. They have shut down chatON and WatchON started trimming down touchwiz and we'll likely see other apps and services with a Google counterpart discontinued so if anything they are going the opposite direction. The influx of Chinese Android OEMS is by far their biggest strategic threat and if anything they're in a position to lose Android more so then walk away from it.
    01-16-15 12:54 PM
    I agree that they would love to leave and they realize that right now it's just a dream. If they are exploring other options it doesn't really look they are pouring a great deal of effort into them. They have shut down chatON and WatchON started trimming down touchwiz and we'll likely see other apps and services with a Google counterpart discontinued so if anything they are going the opposite direction. The influx of Chinese Android OEMS is by far their biggest strategic threat and if anything they're in a position to lose Android more so then walk away from it.
    And that is the key right there. As more and more low cost/high quality android phones hit the market it will slowly squeeze out the traditional players that for whatever reason can't/won't compete. I personally see Android evolving into the Walmart of smartphones, with Apple being the Gucci. All it will take is for one major OHA partner to pull out (Sony?) for other dominoes to start falling. Android will live on and prosper, but the companies that make Android phones will change constantly.

What does all this mean for Blackberry? It means they need to stay the course. Focus solely on the US market. Win the majority of enterprise business (+60%), then focus on US consumers. Repair carrier relationships, and sell spec and price competitive phones that people actually want to buy. Slowly build out and mature their services ensuring that both enterprise and consumers can benefit equally from them. Forgetting about worldwide market share for a moment, and assuming they can recapture 10% of US market share, that would IMO make BB10 (in addition to QNX, etc) very attractive to someone like Samsung. John Chen is a smart man. He realizes this. If this could ever come to fruition then he could make all of the shareholders serious money, far and away above the $13-$15 range.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    01-16-15 01:34 PM
    Yes, if you were to buy the stock before the rumor, then a half hour after the rumor hit, you would have gained approximently 30% on your investment. The next day (when the rumors were denied) you would be down a lot but still up a little bit from your buy price (initial investment).
    There was a massive 15%+ net gain, however, Blackberry stock has been cycling around a $9 to $12 trading band for a while so, despite the spike, the price was still at the lower end of the band and not a great price to sell at for investors.

The price the day after the rumor was only a good price to sell at if you literally bought BBRY right before the news and even then you could probably hold and sell for a higher place later. Blackberry's stock price isn't breaking from the trading band for a while.
    01-17-15 11:24 AM
    Buy on the rumor, Sell on the fact...
    01-18-15 03:08 AM
    This is a wsj article today. Anyone subscribe that could post this article?

Samsung Isnt Planning BlackBerry Acquisition, Co-CEO Says
    Samsung Co-CEO J.K. Shin Says His Company Wants to Develop Partnership With BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:37 AM
    Classic market manipulation.
    01-19-15 10:31 AM
    Credit goes to W HOA from the BBRY thread.

Samsung Electronics Co Ltd still pursuing BlackBerry Ltd purchase

Samsung Electronics Co Ltd still pursuing BlackBerry Ltd purchase | Financial Post

Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. is actively pursuing a plan to take over or buy a significant stake in BlackBerry Ltd., despite statements from both companies this week denying that such a plan may be in the works, the Financial Post has learned.
    Its on again load up on stock lol !
    01-21-15 07:34 PM
    Credit goes to W HOA from the BBRY thread.

Samsung Electronics Co Ltd still pursuing BlackBerry Ltd purchase

Samsung Electronics Co Ltd still pursuing BlackBerry Ltd purchase | Financial Post

Its on again load up on stock lol !
    That's typically not how you buy stock. Typically once the news has broke it's too late. Just so others don't go on a purchasing spree.

The right move would have been what I did last week which is double my position when the stock went south. A major publication doesn't just throw something like that out there without merit. Not just tooting my horn but want to make sure others aren't doing silly things.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 08:48 PM
167 ... 567