01-21-15 07:48 PM
167 ... 4567
tools
    For how much they want to buy them could be a rumor but they really approached them -> it was announced on CJPX canadian radio this morning: a radio that isn't allowed to tell bulls**t to the public.

This just confirms that John Chen is doing a great job (a blessed guy that I love). Hopefully he will not be blinded by this offer on his path to victory

By the way the superior flow UI w/ peeking, the Hub, the way to swipe up the screen to unlock, exclusive new technologies on the PP (Active Leak Compensation, touch sensitive keyboard, BB Natural Sound) make a lot of competitors jealous *cough cough*

Many teens & young adults bite the apple and act like androids in their youth but end up with a secure, stable and professional phone as they get older . They realize that all those apps are counterproductive.

WE LOVE YOU JOHN CHEN!!!!!!
    [DENIED BY BBRY] Samsung approached BlackBerry on takeover offer! Stock up over 20%. Enjoy!-0btdiuw.jpg
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-15-15 at 04:41 AM.
    01-15-15 04:12 AM
    Rumor or not, this is what is going to happen to BBRY. May not be Sammy but some one else. IMO, that's what has been entrusted upon JC. And Prem (not PremWatsApp), the original Prem is an investor and they see $$$.

On a business sense, this is good. Businesses evolve, merge, de-merge, migrate. Unless they loose focus, this is good. In no way anybody who acquire BBRY will let enterprise - or still niche regulatory - market let go. BBRY has a strong hold there.

Coming to device and OS, which we are interested, aren't they have around 40% revenue contribution from device sales? BBRY's expertise in engineering a industrial design along with Sammy's expertise in mass manufacturing will be really a boon to devices. The only hurdle could be Google's Android sign-up. But Tizen is being released by Sammy. There should be some way to do that.

I will rather hope Samsung take up the consumer part of BB, collaborate to release new devices using BB10 and most importantly MARKET them a LOT. That could be a win-win situation.
    01-15-15 04:58 AM
    We must keep in mind that Samsung no longer wants to have associations with Google (reference)
    So taking a hold of BBRY which has a lot of potential would help them achieve their hidden goal
    [DENIED BY BBRY] Samsung approached BlackBerry on takeover offer! Stock up over 20%. Enjoy!-z2r0ovi.png

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 merged with Passport 2 without Google's Android OS but BB10 would be revolutionary IMHO.
    Sometimes it's hard to say no because whenever temptation comes, it must be appealing.
    But if you can resist the strongest temptations then you'll truly be free
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-15-15 at 05:31 AM.
    01-15-15 05:15 AM
    Awesome news! They must see the amazing potential and strength BlackBerry has.

Posted via CB10
    nightmarish scenario.
    01-15-15 05:45 AM
    Canadian Government will never approve
    01-15-15 05:47 AM
    There is no truth to the rumour.

Samsung is denying the Reuters report. Says it has no plan to buy BlackBerry. Media reports of the acquisition are groundless.

From BlackBerry, BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry.

For them to put these press releases out and then in a few days or weeks to say oh surprise!, we really were in talks after all would be criminal. They would get sued for making the stock price swing wildly with conflicting truths in their press releases, and wind up being investigated for securities fraud / stock market manipulation. It would literally be a criminal offense. It ain't gonna happen, no way - no how.
    I get what you're saying. I never thought about it like that.

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    01-15-15 07:14 AM
    ^If the above is true then all I have to say is F**K THE NEWS
    01-15-15 07:24 AM
    Canadian Government will never approve
    I am not certain they would halt the sale. A Chinese national based company is not the same as a south Korean based company. We can't be sure of the outcome.
    01-15-15 07:25 AM
    You know, after reading all the news about the rumoured buyout of BlackBerry by Samsung, and the subsequent denial of the same by both companies, the first thing I thought about was the dialogue between Christophe Waltz and Monseiur Pierre La Padite (can't recall the real name of the actor) in the beginning of the AWESOME movie, Inglorious Basterds.

When Waltz asks La Padite about what he may have heard as far as the existence of the Dreyfusses, the latter replies, "only rumours." To this, Waltz remarks, "I LOVE rumours. Facts can be so misleading. Whereas rumours, true or false, are often revealing."

The plot thickens? Could this apply to these so-called 'discussions' between BlackBerry and Samsung?

Posted via CB10 on an AWESOME Passport
    01-15-15 07:39 AM
    You know, after reading all the news about the rumoured buyout of BlackBerry by Samsung, and the subsequent denial of the same by both companies, the first thing I thought about was the dialogue between Christophe Waltz and Monseiur Pierre La Padite (can't recall the real name of the actor) in the beginning of the AWESOME movie, Inglorious Basterds.

When Waltz asks La Padite about what he may have heard as far as the existence of the Dreyfusses, the latter replies, "only rumours." To this, Waltz remarks, "I LOVE rumours. Facts can be so misleading. Whereas rumours, true or false, are often revealing."

The plot thickens? Could this apply to these so-called 'discussions' between BlackBerry and Samsung?

Pretty sure that companies are not allowed to LIE or MISLED investors..... "BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry." There are rules that have to be followed.
    Eumaeus likes this.
    01-15-15 07:46 AM
    Pretty sure that companies are not allowed to LIE or MISLED investors..... "BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry." There are rules that have to be followed.
    Believe me, I jumped for joy when I heard that BlackBerry had denied the rumours. Was even happier when Samsung quashed them too. I hope and pray Chen doesn't let this happen. Ever.

01-15-15 07:52 AM
    "BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry."
    Just heard what CJPX said but haven't read that yet GRRRRRRRR confusing

But if I have to pick between BlackBerry OR The News on who's more trustworthy I'd have to say it's BlackBerry

SO! F**K the news
    01-15-15 08:03 AM
    I think someone over reported a conversation the two companies had related to joint ventures or licensing agreements. Samsung is looking to get away from Google and Tizen is failing. Android phones in the Third World are basically sub $100 now and SAamsung needs something to distinguish itself. Since they are offering a Tizen based system, they concede their audience cares not for third party "apps," as there are none. Blackberry still has a cache in India and Aisa.

Samsung has minimal presence in MDM. Blackberry offers this. They have no real presence in MDM security and BB does. So, cooperation is in order. A buy? Not at $13. It's cooperation or many more $$$.
    01-15-15 08:05 AM
    So the stock is now back to reality. Nothing to see here folks, time to move on...
    Eumaeus and naveedk like this.
    01-15-15 08:14 AM
    I am not certain they would halt the sale. A Chinese national based company is not the same as a south Korean based company. We can't be sure of the outcome.
    If it were to happen they would not. Samsung is not in China.
    Folks that say it would be blocked are simply not living in the real world.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-15-15 08:16 AM
    Believe me, I jumped for joy when I heard that BlackBerry had denied the rumours. Was even happier when Samsung quashed them too. I hope and pray Chen doesn't let this happen. Ever.

There was an article from the Globe and Mail BlackBerry dismisses buyers in favour of turnaround plan - The Globe and Mail that indicated there have been a handful of buyers showing interest. But that Chen and the Board feel that none of the offers were high enough to account for BlackBerry's potential.

The problem is that potential goes both ways, and so far if you look at year over year "shrinkage" on the financial reports... you really have to put a LOT of "faith" in what is going on behind the scenes to think that $7 Billion is a low number.

If the Classic sells well, the board will stick with Chen's plans. If the Classic doesn't sell and both revenues of hardware and services continue as they have been (falling), they they have to start considering some of these offers...
    01-15-15 08:17 AM
    A week ago John Chen said himself "BlackBerry is here to stay"

Now that I recall this sentence I can see clearly
    -BlackBerry is telling the truth
    -The News are not trustworthy
    01-15-15 08:22 AM
    Read between the lines... they're both denying reports of any acquisition/takeover talks. Rumours usually aren't 100% baseless, so I'm thinking they have had discussions on partnerships (similar to what they did with Knox). Something like this would be great in my opinion because it could help both companies. So YES, they have denied these rumours, but they probably are actually having discussions about other matters. That's my thought on all of this. Rumours nowadays just don't ever seem to be 100% false, so I definitely believe they're in talks (just not takeover talks).
    abwan11 and naveedk like this.
    01-15-15 08:25 AM
    Then we can't say f**k the news BUT we can say that news are corrupted

EDIT: to me, corrupted news are the same as f**ked up news
    It's better not to say anything. What was it again "silence is golden"
    Last edited by Ohnoesfb Lolok; 01-15-15 at 08:40 AM.
    01-15-15 08:27 AM
    The phones the phones the phones, f**k the phones. They have more going on. F##king OCD with the phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 08:39 AM
    The phones the phones the phones, f**k the phones. They have more going on. F##king OCD with the phones.

Posted via CB10
    LOL I actually had to check OCD up: "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, a mental illness resulting in persistant illogical fears and ideas, and often, particular habits created and followed out so as to avoid the fears and anxiety they cause. "

but nah the phones are great tools to keep in touch and BlackBerry is unrivaled in the quality of calls we get with their lovely devices so we can't say f**k phones but the news yes
    01-15-15 08:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Without the phones.... there won't be a CrackBerry as we know it.
    naveedk likes this.
    01-15-15 08:45 AM
    Isn't it amazing how we can make fun of things as customers but how media lose their reliability
    naveedk likes this.
    01-15-15 08:47 AM
    Isn't it amazing how we can make fun of things as customers but how media lose their reliability
    Only when you don't agree with them...
    01-15-15 11:43 AM
    For once surprisingly positive article on BlackBerry by The Verge http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/15/75...ry-makes-sense

I am not supporting Samsung purchasing BlackBerry and definitely not at such low price. But this article highlights key strengths of BlackBerry and how it is ready to be leading player in MDM, Enterprise, IoT, connected living and autonomous driving space. I can't wait to see BlackBerry glory days again...

Posted via CB10
    mode_m likes this.
    01-15-15 02:04 PM
167 ... 4567