01-21-15 07:48 PM
167 ... 34567
tools
    Delete double post, sorry.
    01-14-15 06:16 PM
    This seems like a Tim Hortons Burger King deal. Everything stays the same just switched paper work around a bit n Samsung finally gets some security lol
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-14-15 06:26 PM
    New game: see who the last person is to post in this thread as though the rumor were still possibly true.

It's actually kinda fun.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:31 PM
    I had many TROLOLOLOLO's until BB denied it officially. People were hysterical.

Well, lets play the game. Will Samsung put Tizen on my PlayBook?

(PS: While typing this I am watching a movie with Eijah Wood: Grand Piano. In the entire movie you see him with a Bold 9900 and Playbook in the wardrobe. Also a BB Slider is visable. Just awesome.)
    01-14-15 06:46 PM
    Samsung might want to step away, but it won't.

Bluenoser probably has the best synopsis. BB10 and Android won't coexist on devices from Samsung in this scenario.
    To pay 7B for patents is an awful lot if that is really all they want. I understand why a lot of folks think they will kill BB10, and I tend to agree. With that said, I wouldn't kill it if I were Sammy. I'd strip out the Android runtime and then leverage BB's SW engineers to continue building the OS. With Samsung's deep pockets they can do what BB can't, and that is go long with their own native OS just like MS is doing with Windows phone. They are essentially doing this now with Tizen so it is not some far fetched concept. The big difference is, BB10, despite its anemic market share is on much better footing then Tizen. Samsung may be tied to Android, but that doesn't mean they want to be and aren't actively and continuously looking at alternatives. If done correctly this takeover could be the best thing to happen to both of them.
    01-14-15 07:02 PM
    I think there's some truth to this rumor..

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    01-14-15 08:04 PM
    I think there's some truth to this rumor..

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    I agree, at least a hair of truth within it.

Nobody here knows nothing, that is also true.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-14-15 08:19 PM
    Randy Carlisle leaf former coach had a contract extension and denied rumors of him being fired. He was fired. Of course they deny it until they sell lol. You never know. Ppl here acting all snobby like they have Chen on speed dial. Pfft they partnered up with Samsung already why wouldn't they sell with stips?
    01-14-15 08:39 PM
    Let us all hope this doesn't come true in the future months/years on out.

Samsung buying Blackberry would be horrible (good for Samsung).

Let us all hope for better days for Blackberry. Seriously.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    01-14-15 08:49 PM
    Randy Carlisle leaf former coach had a contract extension and denied rumors of him being fired. He was fired. Of course they deny it until they sell lol. You never know. Ppl here acting all snobby like they have Chen on speed dial. Pfft they partnered up with Samsung already why wouldn't they sell with stips?
    LOL - Firing a hockey coach is one thing but you seem to have forgotten these are both publicly traded companies with billions of dollars (that's with a B) involved and intentionally misleading investors is probably illegal. It's one thing to deny the rumors by simply saying no but it is another thing for both companies to go out of their way to say there have been NO discussion with regards to buying or selling so to me that would seem pretty truthful. If later on they came out and said oops we lied I think both companies would be in big trouble.
    01-14-15 08:51 PM
    LOL - Firing a hockey coach is one thing but you seem to have forgotten these are both publicly traded companies with billions of dollars (that's with a B) involved and intentionally misleading investors is probably illegal. It's one thing to deny the rumors by simply saying no but it is another thing for both companies to go out of their way to say there have been NO discussion with regards to buying or selling so to me that would seem pretty truthful. If later on they came out and said oops we lied I think both companies would be in big trouble.
    That's what I'm saying hahaha there's no way this cane out if no where. Then again this rumor was around last year too. The way Chen speaks on BlackBerry's future it doesn't seem legit for a sale. Who knows. Either way BlackBerry is fat and healthy compared to before. They'll be around for awhile one way or another
    01-14-15 08:57 PM
    There is no truth to the rumour.

Samsung is denying the Reuters report. Says it has no plan to buy BlackBerry. Media reports of the acquisition are groundless.

From BlackBerry, BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry.

For them to put these press releases out and then in a few days or weeks to say oh surprise!, we really were in talks after all would be criminal. They would get sued for making the stock price swing wildly with conflicting truths in their press releases, and wind up being investigated for securities fraud / stock market manipulation. It would literally be a criminal offense. It ain't gonna happen, no way - no how.
    01-14-15 08:58 PM
    They just want those sexy Passports for their employees
    01-14-15 09:13 PM
    There's an android & iOS app for that...

Well, this news gave me a heart attack...
    01-14-15 09:18 PM
    Chen started talking confidently about BlackBerrys survival in the fall. He has his 80 million dollar contract regardless of what happens, what he doesn't have is a crystal ball into the future, or does he?

A lot is riding on the success of BES12, Hbox, Qnx and IOT, but nothing has brought in the dollars (as of yet), it only brings further uncertainty to the table at this point in time . So that wouldn't explain why he feels they will survive. So there's something else. There's something outside of these items that has been brewing for a while. The first step was to get the house in order. Done. Next, a deal, a partnership, who knows? Chen knows. What he has at risk here is his reputation. Nobody wants to end their career with their tail between their legs. So why so confident?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:31 PM
    Awesome news! They must see the amazing potential and strength BlackBerry has.

Posted via CB10
    It is much easier for samsung to buy BlackBerry for their security patents then to develop the technology on their own. This as I understand it would also help them with patent lawsuits they have with Apple. As for the nice bounce in stock price once the rumor was denied the stock is trading down in after hours trading.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:37 PM
    & then the dead cat bounce...
    01-14-15 09:38 PM
    I have a feeling there are still talks and the buyout will happen.
    01-14-15 10:07 PM
    BlackBerry and Samsung have both denied the rumor, so stand down...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samantha...isition-talks/

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    01-14-15 10:53 PM
    Interesting at how exact the wording is in the BlackBerry statement:

"BlackBerry Limited is aware of certain press reports published today with respect to a possible offer by Samsung to purchase BlackBerry. BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry."

"With respect to a possible offer ".

Maybe no offer has officially been put on the table and will not be until due diligence is completed.

The exact wording leaves many "other" discussion possible.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-14-15 10:54 PM
    If the story ends up being false, the fall will be epic.
    It was meant to be.... they did that to cash in....

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    01-14-15 10:56 PM
    01-14-15 10:59 PM
    I believe this is more of a situation of not being able to refer to any specific event or possibility - they cannot make a forward-looking statement because if can be mistaken for fact and cause confusion.

No, there is no potential or possible deal. There's a multitude of reasons for that.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    01-14-15 11:00 PM
    BlackBerry already dealt away their security protocols to samsung... they are on the slippery slope already !!
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    01-14-15 11:20 PM
    Will they keep or kill BB10, that's what I would like to know.
    Nothing else, takeover as King of Security.....followed by the immerging and revamped BES push. while it's being denied now......same as denials on several occasions.......a few years ago.
    01-15-15 12:17 AM
167 ... 34567