01-21-15 08:48 PM
167 1234 ...
tools
    Well, I hope this is not going to happen - if it does then there is no reason to stick with a Blackberry anymore but at least I can be "cool" again
    BBVegasGirl80 and deremi like this.
    01-14-15 04:07 PM
    Oh Dang...Chen the magician at work...question now is...how much Samsung is willing to pay? Who is more desperate?
    01-14-15 04:09 PM
    This rumor first came to light a little over a year ago. I don't think the Canadian Government will let this happen.
    There would be alot of hurdles. Samsung is not interested in BB mobile its the rest. Patents and BES12.
    That offer is too low. If Chen really has it turned around, stock will be higher in a year or two.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    If the story ends up being false, the fall will be epic.
    geant39 and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    Lol Made another double down on BBRY earlier when it was way red!!! :P
    01-14-15 04:10 PM
    Lol Made another double down on BBRY earlier when it was way red!!! :P
    Did you sell high or gamble again tomorrow.
    01-14-15 04:16 PM
    With lot of focus by its (Samsung's) competitors Apple and Google bringing connectivity inside the car and car makers push towards autonomous driving @ CES 2015, I suspect Samsung interest lies in taking over QNX mainly to compete in this space. With BlackBerry take over comes the added advantage of leadership in enterprise, MUM and IoT as well

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 04:18 PM
    It has been a great run BlackBerry if it's true.
    Fair well, sweet prince.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 04:21 PM
    Did you sell high or gamble again tomorrow.
    I was actually on the phone with a friend discussing AMBA and GPRO (I'm long with AMBA and his long on GPRO and they lost a bit yesterday and today with rumors APPL might become a GPRO competitor) and I told him about my double down on BBRY and I told him today is doing pretty bad but I'm confident for the next few quarters. He said: WTF it's up 20%!!

So no I didnt sell...
    01-14-15 04:23 PM
    No. They just want the patents and will shut down BB10.
    If they want patents only, it wouldn't be a friendly takeover. Also, they most probably won't pay 7B for patents only.

Remember that Samsung has a huge failure with Knox and that recently they had signed a deal with BlackBerry to include BES in Knox

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 04:24 PM
    If they want patents only, it wouldn't be a friendly takeover. Also, they most probably won't pay 7B for patents only.

Remember that Samsung has a huge failure with Knox and that recently they had signed a deal with BlackBerry to include BES in Knox

Posted via CB10
    Well I can tell you that BB10 will be gone. Samsung just released Tizen today. Samsung cannot have Android and BB10 in the same fold.
    01-14-15 04:27 PM
    Well I can tell you that BB10 will be gone. Samsung just released Tizen today. Samsung cannot have Android and BB10 in the same fold.
    Wouldn't it be crazy if Samsung intended to replace BB10 with Tizen to pair with BES12? Yes I think thats a longshot.
    01-14-15 04:30 PM
    No. They just want the patents and will shut down BB10.
    There would be alot of hurdles. Samsung is not interested in BB mobile its the rest. Patents and BES12.
    I tend to agree.
    01-14-15 04:31 PM
    i may cry if this actually happens, BB needs to stay single!
    01-14-15 04:32 PM
    QWERTY keyboard phone running Android Lollipop along with some sort of Hub application? Hmmm
    01-14-15 04:34 PM
    On the contrary, I'd say their interest (unique compared to other Android OEMs) in Tizen shows that they are genuinely interested in stepping away from the Android-dominated world. I think they really want to nurture and promote a competing OS. What that means for BB10, I have no idea.
    LuvULongTime and ragingklu like this.
    01-14-15 04:34 PM
    If the complete buyout really happens, it will be the end of an era and Chen accomplished what he was set out to do. How is this a good news? Lol.
    01-14-15 04:36 PM
    This rumor first came to light a little over a year ago. I don't think the Canadian Government will let this happen.
    why? South Korea is G20 member, western/Nato ally.
    they will approve
    On the contrary, I'd say their interest (unique compared to other Android OEMs) in Tizen shows that they are genuinely interested in stepping away from the Android-dominated world. I think they really want to nurture and promote a competing OS. What that means for BB10, I have no idea.
    Samsung has no clue about OS development, they will kill BB10 by either just killing it off or by bloating it with crap.
    buwee likes this.
    QWERTY keyboard phone running Android Lollipop along with some sort of Hub application? Hmmm
    I want more than the Hub, I want the whole OS! My pipe dream is the BB10 OS along with Samsung's marketing clout. After all, they are showing active interest in non-Android software. As far as hardware, BB can make the keyboard phones and Samsung the full touchscreens. But like I said... pipe dream!
    Samsung might want to step away, but it won't.

Bluenoser probably has the best synopsis. BB10 and Android won't coexist on devices from Samsung in this scenario.
    lpe.dejong likes this.
    01-14-15 04:38 PM
    Samsung has no clue about OS development, they will kill BB10 by either just killing it off or by bloating it with crap.
    That's kind of my point, Samsung has been the king of hardware (profit-wise) for a while but they suck at software and it's starting to show in declining sales numbers. They rely on another company for their OS (Google) and they make it worse with their bloatware. It's very possible that they want to own their own software platform. And I think this extends to QNX.
    ragingklu likes this.
    01-14-15 04:41 PM
    Sale of BB10 devices would void their OHA agreement due to presence of android runtime. BB10 would likely continue but the Runtime is would be 86 before the ink dries on the contract.

!
    01-14-15 04:42 PM
    This is what generally (and historically) happens in such corporate takeovers.

CB10 @ Q5
    01-14-15 04:42 PM
167 1234 ...