I thought this was a very thoughtful review / discussion of the current state of BlackBerry given the media's somewhat critical view of BlackBerry lately!

In addition to explaining the Passport the article also talks about some possible upcoming devices.

BlackBerry teases new device plans as turnaround takes shape

What do you think CrackBerry community, are we likely to see more articles like this?
    rarsen and light_barer like this.
    09-29-14 04:04 PM
    I am hoping to see more like this... thanks for sharing

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:14 PM
    "I also carry very high hopes for the Classic, and I've spoken with a lot of people that want it ... so I think we will have another iteration on that"

What exactly do you think he means by they will have another iteration on the Classic??
    09-30-14 12:13 AM
    About time!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-30-14 12:19 AM
    "I also carry very high hopes for the Classic, and I've spoken with a lot of people that want it ... so I think we will have another iteration on that"

What exactly do you think he means by they will have another iteration on the Classic??
    It sounds like they are sufficiently optimistic about it to be already planning a Classic 2, doesn't it?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:17 AM
    It sounds like they are sufficiently optimistic about it to be already planning a Classic 2, doesn't it?

Posted via CB10
    They kinda have to if they want to put it out this time next year. If sales don't follow the interest than they can quietly cancel the project later.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just normal business planning... Most companies have roadmaps that go out years. With many changes made along the way before a product is announced to the public. The Classic is going to be BlackBerry's "bread and butter" as not everyone is going to want, or can afford a Passport.

Announcing that they are planning a Passport II would be a surprise at this point.
    09-30-14 11:51 AM
    I thought this was a very thoughtful review / discussion of the current state of BlackBerry given the media's somewhat critical view of BlackBerry lately!

In addition to explaining the Passport the article also talks about some possible upcoming devices.

BlackBerry teases new device plans as turnaround takes shape
    What do you think CrackBerry community, are we likely to see more articles like this?

well this is good news and I like your pic as I too am a Miami University student
    09-30-14 11:54 AM
    Just normal business planning... Most companies have roadmaps that go out years. With many changes made along the way before a product is announced to the public. The Classic is going to be BlackBerry's "bread and butter" as not everyone is going to want, or can afford a Passport.

Announcing that they are planning a Passport II would be a surprise at this point.
    A coworker of mine who is using still a broken screen 9900 will be switching to the Classic.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    09-30-14 12:26 PM
    After the last year and the rumors of BlackBerry closing its hardware division, it is just exciting to know that new phones are coming.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:16 PM