02-06-12 11:14 PM
142 ... 456
tools
    this is what i meant in my earlier post about the extended top and bottom area. i know, it might be there to accomodate certain components, but i feel it make the phone look even more elongated. 16:9 screen already makes it look elongated enough.
    That's nice. I like that design on the phone. For some reason, just a small adjustment like that makes it look much better in my eyes.

Are you talking about the NenaMark2 Android benchmark? Are you expecting RIM to have exclusive access to that chipset?
    The NenaMark2 benchmark is for the GPU. NOT CPU. I think I should clear that up for the people.
    02-01-12 05:25 PM
    this is what i meant in my earlier post about the extended top and bottom area. i know, it might be there to accomodate certain components, but i feel it make the phone look even more elongated. 16:9 screen already makes it look elongated enough.
    That does look better, but I wonder if maybe RIM was trying to spread the volume of the battery and other bits over the longer length in order to claim the "thinnest phone" crown?

Their design does look very thin.
    02-01-12 05:48 PM
    hmm, maybe. but honestly, i would rather it be thicker. If RIM went with that design, they'll claim the longest phone too. of course if RIM could make it not so long but as thin as they were showing in that photo, it'd be amazing.
    02-01-12 06:30 PM
    BlackberryOS is reporting that image is fake

What now?
    02-02-12 06:33 AM
    Wtf....!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-02-12 06:44 AM
    BlackberryOS is reporting that image is fake

What now?
    I don't think it is fake. The picture isn't of a real phone itself. It is clearly a computerized mockup for internal use.
    xmen81 likes this.
    02-02-12 06:47 AM
    I don't think it is fake. The picture isn't of a real phone itself. It is clearly a computerized mockup for internal use.
    yeah make sense.
    02-02-12 06:59 AM
    I certainly hope it is a fake.
    02-02-12 07:15 AM
    Real mixed response for this phone....personally there's not too much to hate about the design

02-02-12 07:35 AM
    Judging by the image and how it compares to the playbook... The back looks all sealed with that rubber... Could it be that we get a fixed battery like the iphone that we cannot change...

02-02-12 09:03 AM
    That mockup owns. 100000x better then the previous weirdo design with the aluminium trim.
    02-02-12 09:06 AM
    Are you serious, this is business and businesses compete thats just how it works. Thing is RIM need to keep doing their thing but that obviously hasnt worked since other players have come into the market. Most of apples new customers have come from another platform most from Blackberry so when another company is rapidly stealing your users you can either compete or flop.
    Are you serious ? competing against Google or Apple at this stage is suicide !!!!! RIM needs to just focus on making a viable stable os and quality hardware to be relevent.
    02-02-12 12:01 PM
    What i dont think people are understanding is that there is easily room for 3 platforms here. 4 and you start getting iffy. RIM needs to make sure they are in the top 3, and start moving forward from there. They dont have the consumer backing to take on iOS or Android at this time. Once they start to turn customer opinion positive, then and ONLY then can they move towards the first two spots.
    Rickroller and Knightcrawler like this.
    02-02-12 12:05 PM
    Are you serious ? competing against Google or Apple at this stage is suicide !!!!! RIM needs to just focus on making a viable stable os and quality hardware to be relevent.

They have tried to just stay "relavant" and that's where they have failed... I'm not sayin full out like for like with apple and android its juts They haven't competed with the other two even a bit ...how someone can say rim doesn't need to look at its competitors is beyond me... So when mr ketchup said he has specific people including himself testing the android and apple phones... That's just for a bit of fun right ?

02-02-12 12:28 PM
    I need a keyboard. Love the "classic" BB form factor.
    02-06-12 06:04 PM
    I need a keyboard. Love the "classic" BB form factor.
    I'm fairly certain a keyboard model was on the roadmap, due a couple of months after this first model.
    02-06-12 06:08 PM
    Looks like all the other touch screen phones, what the big deal......
    02-06-12 11:14 PM
142 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD