Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been posted before but having a lazy day and i came across this website which lists a new BB as the Pluto ie upgraded version of the Bold. Also seen they have the new BB Magnum, which looks like a 8900 curve but with 3G??.

So does anyone have any more info on these 2 devices??. I have to say looking at the specs of the new Bold...its still 128mb ram and internal memory if im reading right is 1gb...it does say its a touchscreen device though. Personally i was hoping it would have 256mb of ram as the Bold i have now has the same amount as this supposed new Bold and i wish RIM would give us more internal space for apps etc

The new supposed Bold here: RIM BlackBerry Bold 9900 (RIM Pluto) Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications

And the 3G curve possibly??: RIM BlackBerry Curve 9220 (RIM Magnum) Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications
    05-10-09 09:54 AM
    I doubt the first link is the Bold 9900. It looks just like a regular 8900 Curve.
    05-10-09 10:11 AM
    Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been posted before but having a lazy day and i came across this website which lists a new BB as the Pluto ie upgraded version of the Bold. Also seen they have the new BB Magnum, which looks like a 8900 curve but with 3G??.

So does anyone have any more info on these 2 devices??. I have to say looking at the specs of the new Bold...its still 128mb ram and internal memory if im reading right is 1gb...it does say its a touchscreen device though. Personally i was hoping it would have 256mb of ram as the Bold i have now has the same amount as this supposed new Bold and i wish RIM would give us more internal space for apps etc

The new supposed Bold here: RIM BlackBerry Bold 9900 (RIM Pluto) Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications

And the 3G curve possibly??: RIM BlackBerry Curve 9220 (RIM Magnum) Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications
    That picture in the first one is an 8900. The 9220 is a HSDPA/3G variant of the 8900 (that's my understanding anyway).

However, there is a 9900 in the works, I had heard/read that it was a combo touch-screen/qwerty device, but don't know more.
    05-10-09 10:30 AM
    Ok thanks for the clarification guys...i did look at the pic and thought it looked similar to the Curve and Bold.

Just hoping that the new Bold will be a better version of the Bold we have now.
    05-10-09 10:35 AM
    Lol, they have the Bold image for 9630, shows how much people who make sites for cells/pda's don't know ****.

Next time, just use the search feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 02:13 PM
    I doubt the first link is the Bold 9900. It looks just like a regular 8900 Curve.
    With 3G on the screen
    05-10-09 02:24 PM
    interesting pics.. they got the 8520 right though
    05-11-09 01:52 AM
    hmm, it looks decent
    05-13-09 05:12 PM
    So they took BGR's picture of a 9300 and called it a 9900, and then took a pic of a 8900 and called it a 9220. Sounds about right for internet speculation. I'll stick with BGR.
    05-13-09 07:43 PM
    If they dump the current 9000 keyboard for that dimple button POS, I for one won't even look at it.
    05-14-09 05:51 PM
    I'm deff hoping for good stuff
    05-19-09 03:58 PM
    Why can't us CDMA users get at least one of those?
    05-19-09 04:06 PM
    because you get the nice touch phone lol
    05-19-09 04:39 PM
    Well the CDMA version of the Bold is almost due out on Verizon from what i have been reading over in the 9630/Tour forum.

So really does anyone have any ideas as to when the new successor to the Bold will be out ie codename, specs etc etc or has it not been even been thought of to replace the current Bold??. I know the word Pluto has been thrown around but cant seem to find anything on it.

Would be nice to hear of something new and better than the current Bold coming out sometime in the future. Not that i dont like my current 2 Bolds...awesome devices but id love to see or get an idea as to what RIM is planning to do. Seeing as theres rumours that a Storm 2 is on its way but nothing about a new Bold...unless its about to replaced by something completely different ie Onxy or Driftwood??.
    05-19-09 05:54 PM
    because you get the nice touch phone lol
    Are you talking about that phone that has clicking problems?
    The phone that reboots on its own?
    05-19-09 06:16 PM
    Well the CDMA version of the Bold is almost due out on Verizon from what i have been reading over in the 9630/Tour forum.

So really does anyone have any ideas as to when the new successor to the Bold will be out ie codename, specs etc etc or has it not been even been thought of to replace the current Bold??. I know the word Pluto has been thrown around but cant seem to find anything on it.

Would be nice to hear of something new and better than the current Bold coming out sometime in the future. Not that i dont like my current 2 Bolds...awesome devices but id love to see or get an idea as to what RIM is planning to do. Seeing as theres rumours that a Storm 2 is on its way but nothing about a new Bold...unless its about to replaced by something completely different ie Onxy or Driftwood??.
    The Tour is basically supposed to be VZW's successor of the Bold, not a VZW of a bold. But as long as its better than the Storm, I'm happy.
    05-19-09 06:18 PM
    Isn't the picture in the first link the Gemini?
    05-19-09 08:12 PM
    Hi all,

Umm, that 9900 looks very... Treo-ish?? I do prefer that bubble keypad to the Bold keypad. I found it much easier to type on the bubble kind, like my old Treo 750.

Also, I think the current Bold looks quite a bit nicer. I'm good for 1.5 more years, so I'll be looking at the 9900's replacement! lol
    05-20-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD