With all the talk about securing enterprise IT infrastructure, especially on the mobile side, is BlackBerry gonna play this game and give in to gov't demands? Create backdoors or stay clean?

Law enforcement backdoors open corporate networks to criminals | CSO Online

(Especially under the new California kill-switch law for mobile? Is legislation hurting our democracy, privacy and security? How much damage is self-censorship by internet denizens doing to a healthy open dialog on the web?)

Chen has repeatedly stated they don't have any (artificially created) backdoors (or backdoors on purpose). How long can and will it last?

:-D

  Chendroid or not? - That is the question...  
    07-08-15 12:52 AM
    I think part of the reason why BB is doing bad is because of how closed they are in the first place. Makes you think...

Then again, I believe jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
    07-08-15 01:39 AM
    I think part of the reason why BB is doing bad is because of how closed they are in the first place. Makes you think...

Ouch, good one ... :-)

Saved to brain, the only [deadly] secure storage (disclaimer : unless unlawful methods used)...

  Chendroid or not? - That is the question...  
    Djlatino likes this.
    07-08-15 03:44 AM
    The problem of having back door access is who is the gatekeeper of these backdoors? And could society fully trust any corporation or government body to use this knowledge for the greater good, or for personal gain?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-08-15 04:54 AM
    That's true... but if you knew anything about structural engineering, you'd know that it isn't necessary for steel to reach its melting point before it loses its structural strength - a much lower temperature is required for that, one easily achievable by burning tons of jet-fuel in a highly-oxygenated environment.

But you are right about one thing: from a consumer perspective, BB's security is very limiting and slows BB's response times to popular trends, which is one of many things that has hurt BB in the consumer smartphone marketplace.
    Djlatino likes this.
    07-08-15 09:17 PM