This Device Can Wirelessly Charge Your All Devices at Once From 15 Feet

Not sure whether this is the right thing to do or get. And whether this is really for real. I'm also not sure how powerful these devices are and if there is any risk from exposure to radiation...

Looks like Thorsten Heins' Powermat and the other consortium's Qi are already outdated tech from 'last decade'... :-)

What do you guys think?

  "WatsApp...?" - "Happy b-day, Prem...!"  
    07-15-15 07:04 AM
    "for now you need to put your smartphone into a WattUp-enabled battery pack." looks to be an interesting concept. We need more details and consumer report of use.

C000C6078 Bits for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    07-15-15 07:36 AM
    Great concept but we need to look into the site effects of all these radio waves.

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    07-15-15 09:58 AM
    The concept is very good. However need to check the amount of radiation this can have.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    07-15-15 12:48 PM
    Rizzone predicts a phone case would cost about $75 to $125, which is within the range of what you’d pay today for a case that provides extended battery life, though the transmitter for charging things probably would cost around $300.

To make things sleeker, Energous wants companies to build the charging technology right into gadgets, and the company is having its first transmitter and receiver chips manufactured.

Energous faces plenty of challenges, though. Currently, the WattUp system charges a device in twice the time it takes a wall charger to do the same job, Holmes says. And end-to-end, the company’s technology isn’t yet that efficient: about 20 percent of the power siphoned from a wall outlet is delivered to gadgets. If the end result is wasting energy, consumers may be wary of cutting their cords.
    So about $400 for the setup of the first device and another $100 for additional devices. Have a large home you might need several of the transmitter though....

And you are losing 80% of the power it draws.....
    07-15-15 12:58 PM
    How does this differ from putting a microwave in your bedroom, ripping the door off and leaving it run 24/7.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 01:43 PM
    How does this differ from putting a microwave in your bedroom, ripping the door off and leaving it run 24/7.

Posted via CB10
    At least with the microwave, you could also assure your coffee is hot when you wake up and see if your phone is fully charged.
    TJKGT likes this.
    07-15-15 02:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Less noise.
    TJKGT likes this.
    07-15-15 02:12 PM
    At least with the microwave, you could also assure your coffee is hot when you wake up and see if your phone is fully charged.
    And your family jewels toasted... ouch!

:-)

  "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."  
    07-15-15 05:19 PM
    Great concept but we need to look into the site effects of all these radio waves.

Posted via CB10
    I guess it needs FCC/... and whatever other scrutiny, but I'm not sure whether these authorities can really be trusted or follow corporate "recommendations"...

Consumer protection (us!) needs to be put before convenience (and profits) ... :-)

  "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."  
    07-15-15 05:22 PM
    I've been using the iPhone 5 for the past two weeks while I decide between the blue classic or passport. And the poor battery life of the iPhone makes me realize why people are so anxious about battery life. The right answer is to develop more efficient phones that have larger batteries.

Using a BlackBerry phone is just so much calmer and more enjoyable.
    07-17-15 07:17 PM
    I've been using the iPhone 5 for the past two weeks while I decide between the blue classic or passport. And the poor battery life of the iPhone makes me realize why people are so anxious about battery life. The right answer is to develop more efficient phones that have larger batteries.

Using a BlackBerry phone is just so much calmer and more enjoyable.
    And having removable batteries:/

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 09:53 AM
    And having removable batteries:/

Posted via CB10
    That's not the answer to the issue, imo. I'd prefer a removable batter, but it does introduce complexity as well as a naturally smaller battery die to the extra casing required at the same phone size.

See those typos? All thanks to the iPhone.
    07-19-15 09:49 AM