06-04-12 10:08 PM
37 12
tools
    Like I said nothing more than a rumor but when I was on the phone with Verizon and getting my ETF fee's (the grandfathered data thing) the Rep. threw this out. He said to keep in mind that Verizon was looking at getting new 4G BlackBerry phones in the third quarter. Now the funny part about that statement was that I didn't ask him about it, I merely mentioned that I liked Blackberry during the discussion. However after he said it I did ask if they actually had the device in testing and he said yes. What device and what that means if anything is anybody's guess. He did call it a BBX device, so I tried to clarify that and asked him if he meant BB10 and he agreed stating something to the affect that it was originally BBX.

Take it for whats it's worth as my post and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee anywhere but at a Starbucks.
    00stryder likes this.
    06-02-12 05:15 PM
    Oh if I only had a nickel for every a carrier rep said post or thread!
    06-02-12 05:38 PM
    In all fairness to the OP, I did wonder if RIM was going to try to get this done earlier. And if the rep at Verizon is reliable, then I see no reason why this wouldn't be true.

I agree, it does need to be perfect. But time is running out and I think September really should be the aim inside and October at the absolute latest.

I hope the big name app's are ready, RIM are ready with serious marketing - none of that cupcake nonsense that really did nothing for RIM. If anything, I wanted one of those cakes more than the 9900, and they are gunning with promotions to get this out there.

I hope the stock soars the day it is released. Out of principal for all the media nonsense about RIM and for everyone here who had the confidence in BB10 to invest in Research In Motion. I am not a shareholder as I don't know how to be one and I don't have much money! Otherwise, I'd have bought some too.
    Engire likes this.
    06-02-12 05:48 PM
    Like I said nothing more than a rumor but when I was on the phone with Verizon and getting my ETF fee's (the grandfathered data thing) the Rep. threw this out. He said to keep in mind that Verizon was looking at getting new 4G BlackBerry phones in the third quarter. Now the funny part about that statement was that I didn't ask him about it, I merely mentioned that I liked Blackberry during the discussion. However after he said it I did ask if they actually had the device in testing and he said yes. What device and what that means if anything is anybody's guess. He did call it a BBX device, so I tried to clarify that and asked him if he meant BB10 and he agreed stating something to the affect that it was originally BBX.

Take it for whats it's worth as my post and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee anywhere but at a Starbucks.
    Well, I know one of the Managers for Sprint who had told me that a RIM rep had come into his store....
    ...And told him about some new things coming from RIM toward the end of the year.
    ...This was after a several month hiatus from ANY RIM Reps.

As some may remember I got a seed device 9930 & got to play around with the playbook several months prior to release....
    ...So I believe your story.
    Engire likes this.
    06-02-12 08:06 PM
    This rumor won't be the last one in the coming months. This is great. It means BBOS 10 is alive and ready for release in the not-to-distant future near you....
    06-02-12 09:20 PM
    PK, in a sea of gloom and doom whats wrong with a glimmer of hope even if it is just rumor? At least this was a positive carrier Rep. said post. God knows we have all seen enough carrier Rep. said negative posts.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    06-02-12 09:54 PM
    Interesting.... But I am still quite pleased with OS 7.0. Perhaps that is a drawback for RIM. At this point, the phones they have out there are so well made that it is inhibiting turnover.
    recompile likes this.
    06-02-12 10:39 PM
    Interesting in deed. At least the carrier are being informed of whats coming down the pike.
    Verizon who is pushing more android phone then any other brand is still trying to keep a BB user.
    06-02-12 11:10 PM
    I'm going to start a pool and bet that Verizon as usual will be the last one out the door with any new Blackberry device.
    06-02-12 11:23 PM
    Kg,you're putting a bounty on Verizon?I am reporting you to commissioner crackberry Kevin.LOL
    06-03-12 02:36 AM
    Kg,you're putting a bounty on Verizon?I am reporting you to commissioner crackberry Kevin.LOL
    Just don't call me late for dinner.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    06-03-12 02:38 AM
    Well, I know one of the Managers for Sprint who had told me that a RIM rep had come into his store....
    ...And told him about some new things coming from RIM toward the end of the year.
    ...This was after a several month hiatus from ANY RIM Reps.

As some may remember I got a seed device 9930 & got to play around with the playbook several months prior to release....
    ...So I believe your story.
    I remember you, you got whacked around on this very board for saying you actually held in your hands, a 9930...no one believed you. I did!
    06-03-12 04:19 AM
    I was going to start my own thread on here but i might as well add to this. I have what ill just say is a very very close blood relative who is in the marketing promotions and planning dept at Rogers, and this is what ive been told about what theyre working on and for when.

First, in regards to the iPhone 5, its scheduled for a July release. 2nd week give or take.

Second and what we all know is more important, BB10. Its been tentatively scheduled for "September, maybe October." Yes, September is the goal.

I will obviously be pressing hard for more info, and will pass it on as it comes to me.
    06-03-12 05:18 PM
    I was going to start my own thread on here but i might as well add to this. I have what ill just say is a very very close blood relative who is in the marketing promotions and planning dept at Rogers, and this is what ive been told about what theyre working on and for when.

First, in regards to the iPhone 5, its scheduled for a July release. 2nd week give or take.

Second and what we all know is more important, BB10. Its been tentatively scheduled for "September, maybe October." Yes, September is the goal.

I will obviously be pressing hard for more info, and will pass it on as it comes to me.
    How accurate is that iPhone 5 release? I was thinking September/October.
    06-03-12 05:25 PM
    It's unfortunate that the carriers have such a tight control on which phones are promoted and pre-sold on each respective network.

RIM would benefit if blackberry.com could receive pre-orders for the new BBOS 10 phone, the user could select his/her carrier, and sit back wait for delivery in the fall of 2012. Amazon was able to book 95,000 Kindle Fire pre-orders on Day One and it went on to sell millions.

It's unfortunate RIM cannot do this. I think the BB loyalist would be willing to help the firm during it's financial dire strait here.

00stryder likes this.
    06-03-12 08:17 PM
    Well, if is in september that will be great, because here in Mxico, tale about three or fourth months to be here, so is great, cause my contract end in december.

Regards from Mxico
    06-03-12 08:44 PM

I think the September/October timeline for RIM is probably about right, there hasn't been a lot of chatter about tooling up to make the phones, and making those tools takes a couple of months before you can begin manufacture.

As for Apple, who knows...we haven't had a "lost" phone yet, so by that logic, July seems aggressive!
    06-03-12 09:01 PM
    I am a little skeptical. I don't think carriers have gotten devices for review, which can take months. Remember what happened with 7.0?
    06-03-12 10:42 PM
    I think the September/October timeline for RIM is probably about right, there hasn't been a lot of chatter about tooling up to make the phones, and making those tools takes a couple of months before you can begin manufacture.

As for Apple, who knows...we haven't had a "lost" phone yet, so by that logic, July seems aggressive!
    All indications point to Apple releasing only software updates in the coming weeks. iPhone will likely come in October like last year. I'm really curious if that July estimate is in any way legit.
    06-03-12 10:53 PM
    I have a blood relative who has stated that her husband is carrying their baby in his stomach. It is due by the end of this year.
    Pearl9100 likes this.
    06-03-12 11:39 PM
    Thats the first thing I thought when I heard july for the iPhone....wow that's agressive. But then i remembered that they normally release absolutely no info until just before launch, which still gives it time to be plausible so who knows, anything is possible. I also heard they are somewhat getting rid of the home button. It will no longer be front and center or used as the main method of nav, meaning there will be a shift of focus onto gestures, but there will still be a physical home button on the side of the unit, as some sort of 'backup' for the learning curve needed for the changes i guess. I need to have this clarified a little further though.

As far as the dates go apparently they are almost finished this "promotional planning" for the iPhone, and the July date is pretty much a go. And after they wrap up the iphone plans is when they begin the planning stages of BB10, and im guessing more details can be found then. And obviously passed onto the masses here.

Oh, and stackberry.....cool story, bro. pardon me for using a generic term and leaving out family details that arent necessary for anyone here.
    06-04-12 12:51 AM
    Naw. The product cycle should be about one year. Anything that is significantly less would just be absurd.

But apple is a pretty absurd company
    06-04-12 01:26 AM
    Thats the first thing I thought when I heard july for the iPhone....wow that's agressive. But then i remembered that they normally release absolutely no info until just before launch, which still gives it time to be plausible so who knows, anything is possible. I also heard they are somewhat getting rid of the home button. It will no longer be front and center or used as the main method of nav, meaning there will be a shift of focus onto gestures, but there will still be a physical home button on the side of the unit, as some sort of 'backup' for the learning curve needed for the changes i guess. I need to have this clarified a little further though.
    Releasing the next iPhone early is a great way to throw the competition off balance (though only to catch up with the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy III spec-wise) and a great way to off iPhone 4s purchasers, unless they price it higher than the 4s. (They'll still have buyers at the higher price because there will be "those" types of tech-geeks.)

If the new iPhone is truly gesture-centric, it might be a big win for BB10, as Apple will advertise the heck out of the coolness of gestures to the general public.
    06-04-12 01:30 AM
    Releasing the next iPhone early is a great way to throw the competition off balance (though only to catch up with the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy III spec-wise) and a great way to off iPhone 4s purchasers, unless they price it higher than the 4s. (They'll still have buyers at the higher price because there will be "those" types of tech-geeks.)

If the new iPhone is truly gesture-centric, it might be a big win for BB10, as Apple will advertise the heck out of the coolness of gestures to the general public.
    It may throw off the competition, but let me ask you another pertinent question.

Is it a good move fiscally?

I would say no. They should burn through their inventory and continue to sell through their current stock at a higher price.
    06-04-12 01:59 AM
    I want to be the 1st person who get this BB 10 in my country
    Blackberry_boffin likes this.
    06-04-12 04:36 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD