07-27-13 09:15 AM
39 12
tools
    This is fantastic news Now LG beating us why post this crap
    It is time that Blackberry step up their game.
    07-25-13 11:05 PM
    LG has worked hard for their sales. Their story is inspiring in my opinion. LG never was a big time Android player. With Android, the leader of the pack has changed a few times. We used to see Motorola Android devices everywhere. Then HTC started dominating and now Samsung is at the top. But there never was a time where LG was the best selling Android manufacture.

They've struggled for a while now and have been able to turn things around by consistently pumping out good devices. Look at the LG Optimus G2! You can just tell LG put everything they could into that device and hopefully they sell millions of them. Because they really deserve too.

BlackBerry should look at what LG has been doing and try to make a comeback like they have done.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    bekkay and keypad like this.
    07-25-13 11:33 PM
    LG has worked hard for their sales. Their story is inspiring in my opinion. LG never was a big time Android player. With Android, the leader of the pack has changed a few times. We used to see Motorola Android devices everywhere. Then HTC started dominating and now Samsung is at the top. But there never was a time where LG was the best selling Android manufacture.

They've struggled for a while now and have been able to turn things around by consistently pumping out good devices. Look at the LG Optimus G2! You can just tell LG put everything they could into that device and hopefully they sell millions of them. Because they really deserve too.

BlackBerry should look at what LG has been doing and try to make a comeback like they have done.

Agreed. I remember when Samsung was the laughing stock of the Android world. Then they woke up, stepped it up and took HTC's lunch.

You kinda see the same thing with LG.
    Saiga and keypad like this.
    07-25-13 11:57 PM

I have used 2 LG phones and hardware- and build quality-wise they were just top notch. I hope they will catch up to Samsung and heat up the competition even more.
    Saiga likes this.
    07-26-13 12:06 AM
    Shipped does not mean sold to consumer.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    Careful, a double edged sword cuts both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    bekkay likes this.
    07-26-13 03:54 AM
    BlackBerry has stated multiple times they are going after a very specific market.

Through market research BlackBerry has calculated this target audience to be about 30% of the smartphone market.

Posted via CB10
    Some (not all) of them are pissed off PlayBook users like me will never buy a BB product again!
    07-26-13 04:12 AM
    I have used 2 LG phones and hardware- and build quality-wise they were just top notch. I hope they will catch up to Samsung and heat up the competition even more.
    LG's hardware is really solid. I have dropped my LG Optimus 2X many many times on hard surface, it was totally fine with just few scratches. Too bad their software update sucks badly!
    bekkay likes this.
    07-26-13 04:14 AM
    Not sure what you are calculating here.
    48 * 350 = 16800 and not 16.8 billion

But let him keep doing his math - he will improve over time
    07-26-13 04:39 AM
    Title should read: "Lesson to Nokia - after ditching WP LG back in black"

But BlackBerry bashing gets more action in forums. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 1Criz; 07-26-13 at 06:38 AM.
    07-26-13 04:57 AM
    48 * 350 = 16800 and not 16.8 billion

But let him keep doing his math - he will improve over time
    lol - I know it is about myself.

48 million * ASP (350 dollars) = 16.8 billion

12 million * 4 quarters = 48 million

I think their average selling price (ASP) might be lower. 250 I think
    07-26-13 05:25 AM
    "Us?" Heins is that you?
    Saiga likes this.
    07-26-13 11:09 AM
    Here's my take on this..... I could be wrong but I think it's important to note that Nokia, LG, and others have been selling phones for a long time now, but they had been selling "dumb phones." As people transition from "dumb phones" to smartphones, many will stick with the same brand they know. So when people say "OMG, Nokia is selling more phones" or "LG is selling more phones than BlackBerry," well, I don't know how to break this to you, but Nokia, LG, Samsung, etc. had always been selling more phones than BlackBerry. Just in 2010, LG was selling about 30 million phones a quarter. It's just that now, smartphones are dropping in price so much that people who would have normally bought a "dumb phone" are buying cheap "smartphone." I'd be interested in the ASP of the LG phones and comparing that with BBRY's ASP.
    wasnt BB the number one smartphone years ago? So they had the advantage then and have let it slip.
    07-26-13 11:25 AM
    Title should read: "Lesson to Nokia - after ditching WP LG back in black"

But BlackBerry bashing gets more action in

Posted via CB10

When BB gets criticised in these forums, everyone gets defensive and turns on Nokia. Just focus on BB. Nokia have taken a new os which they are growing, LG are taking on established os.
    07-26-13 11:32 AM
    LG's smartphone sales were struggling until Google commissioned them for Nexus 4. Then sales skyrocketed, but at the price these smartphones are selling for, I doubt LG makes substantial profits.

I have friends with Nexus 4 and Optimus G models. These devices are build solid but like Samsung galaxy line very plastic looking.
    07-27-13 09:15 AM
39 12