07-27-13 09:15 AM
39 12
tools
    07-24-13 05:32 PM
    Every manufacturer is making Blackberry's numbers look silly.
    07-24-13 06:01 PM
    Blackberry is in a transition period...next Q and the next Q will tell the full story.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-24-13 06:18 PM
    12*4 = 48 million

48 * 350 = 16.8 billion
    07-24-13 06:24 PM
    12*4 = 48 million

48 * 350 = 16.8 billion
    Not sure what you are calculating here.
    nquyen, a1s2d3f4g5, dusdal and 2 others like this.
    07-24-13 07:50 PM
    Gross revenue before deductions?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:05 PM
    Every manufacturer is making Blackberry's numbers look silly.
    Yes they are

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:07 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    schmeat likes this.
    07-24-13 08:16 PM
    LG is the world's 3rd largest smartphone maker by sales volume, behind Samsung and Apple. They, along with Huawei , ZTE and Nokia have been ahead of BBRY for sometime time now.

Sent from my IdeaTabS2109A-F using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-13 08:29 PM
    I'm waiting for someone to chime in and say 'But how many did they sell?'
    Shanerredflag, bekkay and dusdal like this.
    07-24-13 08:47 PM
    Nobody seems to get it. Remember when the first iPods came out? Neither does anyone else. Apple's goal at that time was NOT to sell an iPod to every man, woman, and child on the planet. It was to make a specific product for a specific consumer. BlackBerry is no different. If anyone here thinks their goal with BB10 is to take the top spot in the smartphone industry, think again. They are very comfortable becoming a niche player that does a small set of things exceptionally well and doesn't try to please everyone with "average". You could argue that this is the Android approach, and while it provides a great revenue stream, it results in a pretty terrible product experience. If Apple didn't have a massive customer base, they'd still be doing the same thing they're doing now (or were doing during the Jobs era) which is making great products that do a few things perfectly. They don't care if you can't multi-task with an iPad, you're not their target customer and you never will be.
    ruben1975 likes this.
    07-25-13 01:01 AM
    Nobody seems to get it. Remember when the first iPods came out? Neither does anyone else. Apple's goal at that time was NOT to sell an iPod to every man, woman, and child on the planet. It was to make a specific product for a specific consumer.
    What specific Consumers? Mac user?
    So just to understand, your saying BB10 will become the defacto smartphone like the iPod was to the mp3 market?
    iPods were started as a niche but grew to monopolise the market, that won't happen with BB10

BlackBerry is no different.
    Blackberry is completely different.

BlackBerry is no different. If anyone here thinks their goal with BB10 is to take the top spot in the smartphone industry, think again. They are very comfortable becoming a niche player that does a small set of things exceptionally well and doesn't try to please everyone with "average". You could argue that this is the Android approach, and while it provides a great revenue stream, it results in a pretty terrible product experience. If Apple didn't have a massive customer base, they'd still be doing the same thing they're doing now (or were doing during the Jobs era) which is making great products that do a few things perfectly. They don't care if you can't multi-task with an iPad, you're not their target customer and you never will be.
    Thats the number of employees Blackberry had as of March 2013.
    Blackberry is not and cannot be a niche player in their current corporate incarnation.
    If Blackberry wants to become a niche player, then we can expect much more layoffs and another "restructuring".
    07-25-13 07:38 AM
    This great and all but BlackBerry needs more sales, period. No if ands or buts.

How they get these sale is up to them.

Don't bother comparing BlackBerry to anyone else, unless it's a company who's fighting their way back from near death.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 11:45 AM
    Nobody seems to get it. Remember when the first iPods came out? Neither does anyone else. Apple's goal at that time was NOT to sell an iPod to every man, woman, and child on the planet. It was to make a specific product for a specific consumer. BlackBerry is no different. If anyone here thinks their goal with BB10 is to take the top spot in the smartphone industry, think again. They are very comfortable becoming a niche player that does a small set of things exceptionally well and doesn't try to please everyone with "average". You could argue that this is the Android approach, and while it provides a great revenue stream, it results in a pretty terrible product experience. If Apple didn't have a massive customer base, they'd still be doing the same thing they're doing now (or were doing during the Jobs era) which is making great products that do a few things perfectly. They don't care if you can't multi-task with an iPad, you're not their target customer and you never will be.
    If you think that BB would not want to be the top dog again, making the most money that they possibly can, I don't even know what to say.
    07-25-13 11:58 AM
    BlackBerry has stated multiple times they are going after a very specific market.

Through market research BlackBerry has calculated this target audience to be about 30% of the smartphone market.

Obviously if BlackBerry could get 30% of the smartphone market they would be very well off. It makes perfect sense for BlackBerry to make their phones for that specific group of people since it'll help differentiate from the competition.

It does seem that BlackBerry is listening to their core target group and are actively adding in features that people want the most.

I've read comments on CrackBerry with people saying that BlackBerry has been slow bringing out updates and I just couldn't disagree more. Going from 10.0.9 - 10.2 (My guess is it'll be out end of September to beginning of October) in less than 9 months is impressive and I see no reason for any kind of slow down.

BlackBerry will continue to listen and will add in features we want on our phones. What's going to be interesting is what happens once all the features we want are on the phone. I don't think this will happen for some time since there are still a lot of features to be added, but it'll be sad when things aren't changing as rapidly as they are now.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 12:52 PM
    What market is that? Enterprise? Consumer? Unknown? The market that loves things that are late and missing stuff?
    07-25-13 12:59 PM

ve read comments on CrackBerry with people saying that BlackBerry has been slow bringing out updates and I just couldn't disagree more. Going from 10.0.9 - 10.2 (My guess is it'll be out end of September to beginning of October) in less than 9 months is impressive and I see no reason for any kind of slow down.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, there rolling out updates compared to what's normal

Swordsmanship Channel: C000C9AF6
    07-25-13 01:00 PM
    It is a chance to take the Android customers to Blackberry.
    07-25-13 04:22 PM
    Why would it bring people to BB? This is the leap nobody explains?
    07-25-13 04:27 PM
    Here's my take on this..... I could be wrong but I think it's important to note that Nokia, LG, and others have been selling phones for a long time now, but they had been selling "dumb phones." As people transition from "dumb phones" to smartphones, many will stick with the same brand they know. So when people say "OMG, Nokia is selling more phones" or "LG is selling more phones than BlackBerry," well, I don't know how to break this to you, but Nokia, LG, Samsung, etc. had always been selling more phones than BlackBerry. Just in 2010, LG was selling about 30 million phones a quarter. It's just that now, smartphones are dropping in price so much that people who would have normally bought a "dumb phone" are buying cheap "smartphone." I'd be interested in the ASP of the LG phones and comparing that with BBRY's ASP.
    07-25-13 04:41 PM
    Here's my take on this..... I could be wrong but I think it's important to note that Nokia, LG, and others have been selling phones for a long time now, but they had been selling "dumb phones." As people transition from "dumb phones" to smartphones, many will stick with the same brand they know. So when people say "OMG, Nokia is selling more phones" or "LG is selling more phones than BlackBerry," well, I don't know how to break this to you, but Nokia, LG, Samsung, etc. had always been selling more phones than BlackBerry. Just in 2010, LG was selling about 30 million phones a quarter. It's just that now, smartphones are dropping in price so much that people who would have normally bought a "dumb phone" are buying cheap "smartphone." I'd be interested in the ASP of the LG phones and comparing that with BBRY's ASP.
    very good points and i do agree with the "sicking to a known brand" thing
    07-25-13 04:53 PM
    Why would it bring people to BB? This is the leap nobody explains?
    More sales
    07-25-13 08:56 PM
    Google Image Result for http://www.berryreporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/img_0016psd.jpg

They should have done it too - blackberry flip phone
    07-25-13 08:58 PM
    This is fantastic news Now LG beating us why post this crap
    07-25-13 09:07 PM
    Shipped does not mean sold to consumer.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    07-25-13 09:20 PM
39 12