10-02-13 08:46 PM
38 12
tools
    The National Police of Colombia Upgrading BlackBerry Smartphones, Migrating to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 helps the National Police of Colombia keep mission critical information secure

BOGOTA, COLOMBIA--(Marketwired - Oct. 1, 2013) - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today announced that the National Police of Colombia is upgrading their BlackBerry smartphones and migrating to BlackBerry's newest Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution, BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.
    The National Police of Colombia selected the BlackBerry solution for its embedded controls that support regulatory compliance in government environments with the highest security requirements. To date, more than 25,000 BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 commercial and test servers have been installed globally, including within the world's top organizations.

"The National Police of Colombia needs to be able to access critical information on the go in order to effectively do their jobs, which is why BlackBerry is essential to the force," said Eduardo Fernandez Rojo, Managing Director for the region at BlackBerry. "The BlackBerry 10 platform provides an enterprise mobility management solution that is secured end-to-end, which is why it is the most trusted mobile platform by government organizations around the world."

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 represents a consolidation of BlackBerry's EMM product portfolio, which includes Mobile Device Management (MDM), security, infrastructure and app management. Secure Work Space for iOS and Android is managed through BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and provides the most secure infrastructure for data-at-rest and data-in-transit to iOS and Android? devices, making it easy and convenient to manage all devices from a single console.

The combination of BlackBerry smartphones and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 provides high security standards against data leakage and unauthorized device access to corporate assets. Security of corporate applications and data stored on personal devices (for BYOD deployments) is also embedded seamlessly within the user interface through BlackBerry Balance? technology. BlackBerry Balance separates corporate data from personal content, while preserving the end user's privacy and consumer experience.

Source: http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...ry-1836418.htm

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    h20work, Vorkosigan and tetonica like this.
    10-01-13 08:39 AM
    News so good that bit just made the blogs!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:05 AM
    Nice to see some good news.

Wonder how many devices/licenses this involves?
    canuckvoip likes this.
    10-01-13 09:18 AM
    Any nunbers?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:19 AM
    Nice to see some good news.

Wonder how many devices/licenses this involves?
    How many drug cartels operate in Columbia? Everyone gets a BlackBerry smartphone for secure communication between law enforcement and the cartels.
    10-01-13 09:21 AM
    How many drug cartels operate in Columbia? Everyone gets a BlackBerry smartphone for secure communication between law enforcement and the cartels.
    Well aren't you just a bundle of joy!

Not insulting at all to associate everyone in Columbia with drugs
    kbz1960 and lmsilvam like this.
    10-01-13 09:40 AM
    I wonder if all this was done over the summer and BlackBerry is releasing the good press now to drown out the negative. As in held off the recent announcements until they had a buyer.

Posted by Z10
    10-01-13 09:42 AM
    As a colombian i have to ask you to correct Columbia to Colombia -.-....

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-01-13 09:43 AM
    Leaving aside the fact that it's Colombia and doesn't have a "u" in it, this is reminiscent of the announcement last week from Waterloo about the Venezuelan company Polar, S.A. and BES10. As others pointed out, these upgrades don't happen overnight. Note the "is upgrading" language. It doesn't say "will upgrade." I don't blame them, and hey, maybe I'm wrong, but I think BBRY is dribbling out these pre-Q2-results agreements as "news."
    10-01-13 09:43 AM
    Lol come onnnn...... not all members of law enforcement over there are crooked.

10-01-13 09:44 AM
    If BlackBerry is going back to its enterprise root, this including the recent NATO adoption are all good votes of confidence. Unfortunately it does not change anything for me who carries a Z10 as a personal device and the situation is just as bleak.
    10-01-13 10:40 AM
    BBRY is saved!
    10-01-13 10:52 AM
    I just wanted to point out this part of the press release: "The BlackBerry 10 platform provides an enterprise mobility management solution that is secured end-to-end, which is why it is the most trusted mobile platform by government organizations around the world." as well as this part from the NATO press release that came out earlier as well: "The fact that BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and BlackBerry 10 smartphones have been approved for classified communications just months after debut, is testament to the thoroughness of its design and our commitment to our defense and government customers." For those that seem to think that a focus on enterprise means the end of BB10 smartphones I think that these press releases show that BlackBerry views the handsets as a critical piece in their "end to end" enterprise solutions. Shutdown the handset portion and you loose a huge part of the supposed advantage of the BES 10 system.
    canuckvoip and Kendall Oei like this.
    10-01-13 10:57 AM

This is offensive in so many levels ... It's like saying that every single US citizen is a stupid and fat person.
    Please if you don't know anything about a country except negative stereotypes please remain silent, you will look better that way.
    rleo25, alan510 and canuckvoip like this.
    10-01-13 11:07 AM
    Great news
    10-01-13 11:30 AM
    Oh man, I can bet that there are less drug mafia per capita in Colombia than in North America (not to say just USA)... anyway, great for my northern neighbors in Colombia, been there a couple of times these past 3 years and is an amazing country, very smart move for Blackberry to point that market, Colombia is growing strong and with a very good development, I'm sure there is a huge growth in smartphone market also.
    rleo25 and FRG_RC like this.
    10-01-13 11:38 AM
    As a colombian i have to ask you to correct Columbia to Colombia -.-....
    I can fix that!
    FRG_RC likes this.
    10-01-13 06:03 PM
    I can fix that!
    YES. Much obliged

10-01-13 06:08 PM
    One of the most positive articles we've seen lately and suddenly no one has an opinion?
    10-01-13 11:49 PM
    Good news gets buried again, more complaining the biased media is trying to kill bbry
    richardat and Cozz4ever like this.
    10-01-13 11:50 PM
    Lol it's awesome news, but some people rather go into the negative articles and argue.

10-02-13 08:16 AM
    Good news gets buried again, more complaining the biased media is trying to kill bbry
    Nobody watch/read news for heartwarming/possitive stories, people watch/read news for the blood, the depravity of the human soul and to get any reason to complain about something.... and so the media delivers what its watchers/readers want.
    10-02-13 08:40 AM
    One of the most positive articles we've seen lately and suddenly no one has an opinion?
    And I guarantee you the usual suspects won't post in it.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:41 AM
    Meanwhile back in America companies are leaving BBRY by the thousands.
    10-02-13 08:51 AM
    Meanwhile back in America companies are leaving BBRY by the thousands.
    And the sensationalism continues

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 09:46 AM
38 12