12-14-15 01:51 AM
364 ... 1112131415
tools
    CNN's headline: "What killed BlackBerry: Terrible apps"

Let's see how their own app did in BlackBerry World, shall we?

2.5 stars

Reviews include:

"Blanket permissions? No. Also made my z10 unable to open apps, settings. Would open but just hang there. I had to restart the phone. Uninstalled. Definitely expected more from CNN."

"The CNN Blackberry 10 app is extremely slow and difficult to use. It doesn't even give us updates in our Blackberry Hub like the other news applications. Fox News is better! "

"Pretty often the app fail to open. When it does is very slow ."

"Really slow. It is more time effective to just use fast z10 browser and go to Cnn mobile site. I do not like this app at all. "

"You HAVE to let this app have full access to your phone, emails, camera, and shared files. You can't even turn it off in security functions. "

I rest my case.
    Exactly what I was trying say.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 01:07 AM

2.5 stars

Reviews include:

"Blanket permissions? No. Also made my z10 unable to open apps, settings. Would open but just hang there. I had to restart the phone. Uninstalled. Definitely expected more from CNN."

"The CNN Blackberry 10 app is extremely slow and difficult to use. It doesn't even give us updates in our Blackberry Hub like the other news applications. Fox News is better! "

"Really slow. It is more time effective to just use fast z10 browser and go to Cnn mobile site. I do not like this app at all. "

"You HAVE to let this app have full access to your phone, emails, camera, and shared files. You can't even turn it off in security functions. "

I rest my case.
    So, are you arguing that because the CNN app is crap that all the other apps aren't? Because if not, what is your point and if so that is a decidedly non-linear piece of logic.
    09-27-13 01:43 AM
    Maybe change your bank. I use Q10 compatible apps for TD and Scotiabank in Canada, and RBC Mobile for my Caribbean accounts. Bank of America has an app in the US. There are many in the EU and SA also. On the other hand if you are just looking to rant....
    CHANGE the bank where I've built a business relationship since 1989 because of an absence of a BLACKBERRY APP????? WHAT?!?!?!?!?! I'm supposed to change my bank....no.....Where is there an app for Bank of America? Screenshot of that please.

And no, I'm not looking to rant. I'm looking for the business device that has tools not toys to get me business apps such as banking apps. There are NO apps for ANY of my banks.
    09-27-13 04:20 AM
    Where is there an app for Bank of America? Screenshot of that please.

And no, I'm not looking to rant. I'm looking for the business device that has tools not toys to get me business apps such as banking apps. There are NO apps for ANY of my banks.
    You need to change banks, and change countries. Canada isn't far.
    xandermac likes this.
    09-27-13 04:21 AM
    Maybe change your bank.
    It's getting to be too much around here. I think I'm taking the weekend off CB
    21stNow and h20work like this.
    09-27-13 04:50 AM
    CHANGE the bank where I've built a business relationship since 1989 because of an absence of a BLACKBERRY APP????? WHAT?!?!?!?!?! I'm supposed to change my bank....no.....Where is there an app for Bank of America? Screenshot of that please.

I was gonna move last year, as I had no 4G. Honest *cough*.
    09-27-13 05:25 AM
    I for one, completely agree with the article.

The BB10 app offering was truly shocking and abysmal.

I doubt Blackberry can win their consumers back now - in fact, I'm pretty sure - their last stand (in my opinion) is simply to offer a great BBM experience (whether they decide to make it free or charge for it). BBM (which is still a great product) coupled with say the ecosystem of iOS or Android is a Win-Win. Both for those who were once BB users and new-comers.

Blackberry needs to do some [serious] damage control and their recent blunder with launch of BBM really is not helping them at all. The once much sought brand now holds very little value and this really isn't helping them. #BBPleasePullitTogether
    NYC10065 likes this.
    09-27-13 05:26 AM
    I use the mobile site for FB most of the time anyway. Why? Because the BlackBerry browser is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I agree, but they should work on the app more and code it with cascades!

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-27-13 07:32 AM
    Wow! Two posts into your membership & you're already policing the forums.... Good Job, Jr.

Sounds like you have made your decision. Why then are you posting here?
    kevinnugent and tstrike34 like this.
    09-27-13 07:37 AM
    BlackBerry had apps kind of like knock offs though. They had Angry Birds we had mean chickens. They had Skype we had BB Morse code. They had Netflix we had some silly app to look at my computer screen playing netflix. They had several OS upgrades we(PlayBook) had broken promises. They moved forward to become #1 in all developed nations. We are like #3 in Yugoslavia. What killed the BlacBerry was lack of leadership and hand puppet CEO's telling me it was the hardest decision of their lives.
    09-27-13 07:43 AM
    But don't move to Canada until October because judging by another thread on here, the app for Canada's largest bank, the Royal Bank of Canada, won't be ready until the end of September.
    09-27-13 07:47 AM

2.5 stars

Reviews include:

I rest my case.
    LOL -- so CNN's app performance equates with their journalistic credibility...how?

Fanboys better actually send CNN fan mail for bothering to even have a BB10 app to start with since so many others won't even acknowledge BB10 exists or if they do that BB10 is worthy of an app.
    09-27-13 07:49 AM
    Maybe change your bank. I use Q10 compatible apps for TD and Scotiabank in Canada, and RBC Mobile for my Caribbean accounts. Bank of America has an app in the US. There are many in the EU and SA also. On the other hand if you are just looking to rant....
    It'll be a sad day when I make life decisions based solely upon what phone I have. "Gee, I was going to go to Paris for vacation this summer, but all my phone has is a Greyhound travel app for the northeastern US, so I'm going to take the bus to visit my cousin Phil in Pittsburgh instead."
    09-27-13 07:50 AM
    LOL -- so CNN's app performance equates with their journalistic credibility...how?

Fanboys better actually send CNN fan mail for bothering to even have a BB10 app to start with since so many others won't even acknowledge BB10 exists or if they do that BB10 is worthy of an app.
    Actually, the article here is not from CNN. It's from CNNMoney, which is a joint venture of Fortune magazine, Money magazine, and CNN. Different entity entirely. While there are CNNMoney apps for Android and iOS (the one for Android has 4.2 stars, BTW), there is none for BB. Unless you count . . . wait for it . . . a mobile web launcher available only for legacy OS devices.
    09-27-13 08:00 AM
    It'll be a sad day when I make life decisions based solely upon what phone I have. "Gee, I was going to go to Paris for vacation this summer, but all my phone has is a Greyhound travel app for the northeastern US, so I'm going to take the bus to visit my cousin Phil in Pittsburgh instead."
    I had this discussion awhile back... I remember when folks where switching to Hotmail and Box to maximize BB10 use early on. That was a problem for me with regards to sustained BB10 adoption. I don't mind trying out great services for other reasons, but it's tough for me to justify switching services from Gapps and Dropbox just to use a phone.

Switching banks? Come on now... the phone should adjust to my workflow, IMHO.
    xandermac likes this.
    09-27-13 08:05 AM
    Marketing didn't help either. Every commercial on tv is for windows phone, iPhone, andriod. Don't see squat for blackberry
    Last edited by 36dbldz; 09-27-13 at 09:36 AM.
    AUgirl_inTX likes this.
    09-27-13 08:15 AM
    Marketing didn't help either. Every commercial on tv is for windows phone, iPhone, andriod. Don't see squat for bkackberry
    They hardly market their phones, blackberry expected phone companies to market their phones, but only one company did that and it was bell. the rest was like you market your own phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:37 AM
    That creates a dilema for some. Gmail no longer supports "push" email (for free accounts) on the iphone. Apple seem to refuse to build in (or work with google on) imap idle support for Gmail, so, I have been considering switching my hosted account over to outlook that is fully supported on the iPhone. It hasn't actually affected me yet and won't until I buy a new iPhone but my choice to keep using the iPhone (and keep push email) will ultimately force me to migrate to outlook (or upgrade my grandfathered hosted google apps domain to the new pro system). I do find it problematic however I have no control over Apple or Google, I could wait for years for them to actually address this, switch platforms to Android, or just switch hosting. Switching hosting seems the less painful option.

Obviously i'd not go as far as switching bank accounts for a device.

I had this discussion awhile back... I remember when folks where switching to Hotmail and Box to maximize BB10 use early on. That was a problem for me with regards to sustained BB10 adoption. I don't mind trying out great services for other reasons, but it's tough for me to justify switching services from Gapps and Dropbox just to use a phone.

Switching banks? Come on now... the phone should adjust to my workflow, IMHO.
    09-27-13 10:01 AM
    but to mention candy crush among them? Are you serious?
    felt this was worth returning to. What with the news that the King IPO (King are the creators of candy crush) will be for $5bn!!!
    just to pop that number into context, BlackBerry are about to sell for $300m less!
    09-27-13 12:36 PM
    felt this was worth returning to. What with the news that the King IPO (King are the creators of candy crush) will be for $5bn!!!
    just to pop that number into context, BlackBerry are about to sell for $300m less!
    300 less, damn, Just nuts!

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013...e-to-has-been/

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:48 PM
    No BMO app either.
    09-27-13 12:49 PM
    LOL -- They have nothing to do with each other, but an organization that puts out a crappy app complaining about crappy apps bringing the platform down? Come on.
    09-27-13 12:53 PM
    Well the game is popular lol no doubt about that, just ridiculous how a game can determine what platform someone goes to.

09-27-13 12:54 PM
    LOL -- They have nothing to do with each other, but an organization that puts out a crappy app complaining about crappy apps bringing the platform down? Come on.
    Agreed lol.

09-27-13 12:55 PM
    Well the game is popular lol no doubt about that, just ridiculous how a game can determine what platform someone goes to.

Why, the platforms in terms of hardware seem much more interchangeable than the software, the apps.
    09-27-13 01:24 PM
364 ... 1112131415