12-14-15 12:51 AM
364 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I know your question is largely rhetorical, but it's pretty obvious how "efficient" BB10 is seeing as how they can't even build a mid range device with less than 2GB RAM.

Yes they need those cores. RIM pretty much stated that they were going to wait until Dual Cores came down in price before they even launched a phone with their next OS on it, back before the play book released.

When they released the playbook, they used the cheapest dual core CPU they could find, from TI. And we got a glimpse of what kind of efficiency they were working towards for BB10 when it launched and greeted people with OOM Errors while "Multi-Tasking", terrible battery life, and sluggish performance in places.
    Haven't a clue what they did to the QNX core that BB10 is based around but they made it a wholly inefficient mess. RTOS? I wish.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    09-26-13 04:54 AM
    BlackBerry should do a total reset and start giving away their phones. Sell the phones for 29.99. Before you do that, do SOMETHING to port over the apps from Android. It's amazing the trouble they've had with their ancient platform. Without those apps, way lower prices for their devices and a real "BB app world" they're dead.
    While I don't agree that they are dead (my phones are still working) I do remember when the devices were first launched that I said they should price them low and go for volume. I was shot down and told that they were premium devices and should be priced similarly to other premium devices. I explained that BlackBerry did not have the draw as other premium devices and I was labelled a troll.

Right.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:57 AM
    i can't remember if my Z10 even have a Bloomberg news apps..? what a pathetic phone.
    It has two of them. Both native and they look pretty good.

CNN - What killed BlackBerry: Terrible apps-img_00000042.png
    CNN - What killed BlackBerry: Terrible apps-img_00000043.png

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 05:12 AM
    I've been calling the IPhone an iToy for about 4 years now, almost without thinking. I used to trot out the 'phone, not a toy' argument all the time. Look where it's left BB tho'... The annoying thing is, I genuinely don't think BB needed to even chase Apple/Android's app numbers game as such. What they needed to do was to ensure that decent, useful apps where there, well built and ready. Sure, make sure Angry Birds is there too, but FB, Twitter, banking apps, My Fitness Pal, Evernote etc etc etc. All of these - and more than I can mention here - were either missing once, still missing, poorly built, need to be sideloaded, Android ports etc. etc. etc. I mean, NatWest bank in the UK is one of the major players. I get rid of my Bold 9900, which had the NW app (which crashed quite often) for the last 6 months, upgrade to the Z10 - nothing. The irony is, the BB10 browser is so good, the web page access is nearly as good as the app. But that ain't gonna sell your phones...
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-26-13 05:15 AM
    I have to agree with the author, have look at New Arrival category and you will see how bad the apps are. I don't mean that there is no top app in bbworld, but allowing too many low quality apps to appear on BBWorld will decrease the average quality.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 05:15 AM
    And, at the risk of stating the incredibly obvious - Instagram. I mean, seriously??? Along with Twitter & FB, it doesn't get bigger, app wise - in fact, it's bigger in the sense that, other than being able to log-in, it's purely mobile from a usage perspective. I have two sideloaded Instagram apps. Both work, but one won't work without the other. One's one version, one's another. If I do install a software leak, I have to reinstall this, and any other sideloaded apps. Compared to native apps, it's a tad clunky, and if I want to comment on a photo, I have to go into my messages, copy & then paste as the format is incorrect for BB10.

OK, so once you get a dab hand at it, it really isn't rocket-science, but who, outside of our cosy little Crackberry nest, can really be bothered?
    Last edited by Stwutter; 09-26-13 at 05:38 AM.
    09-26-13 05:27 AM
    Some reason is, but not all.

Devastating post...
    09-26-13 05:30 AM
    All this bad press will bring down blackberry faster, I can't believe they have let the company go like this, they have so much potential to be a winner but for some reason they have let the company fail.
    09-26-13 06:19 AM
    All this bad press will bring down blackberry faster, I can't believe they have let the company go like this, they have so much potential to be a winner but for some reason they have let the company fail.
    They have completely mis-judged the market. They went for security/e-mail/hard keyboards as selling points, whilst everyone else went for apps, games and social integration. The big difference is that, on Apple/Android/Windows, yes - you do get a less 'classy' phone, so to speak, but you can still e-mail, you can still call, you can still use the browser. The experience with BB for these things may be slightly better, but if you want log into your Native Instagram app., you can't, 'cos it doesn't exist.
    09-26-13 06:26 AM
    Bet you wouldn't complain about CNN if they had a Native app on BB10.
    I should be a little more clear when I write that lol. I mean CNN and all the other outlets suck for REGULAR news, not about BlackBerry.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-26-13 06:41 AM
    Lets see. They said that you have to submit an app to google play to be approved. Then why was there so many FAKE BBM apps in the Google Play store????????????????? This is why I never watch CNN. They are liars!!!!
    09-26-13 06:42 AM
    You hit it on the head. Open 7 apps on a BlackBerry, and rest assured either you will be forced to do a battery pull or the apps will crash/ freeze rendering you a mummy until the phone starts working again. Can't speak for Android, but my iPhone doesn't stall nor freeze. It's simplicity is what sets it apart from anything BlackBerry has created.
    Really? Lol I guess you haven't used the z10. I have had 8 open and times with no issues or lag whatsoever, then again you would have to find out for yourself

Last edited by IgotsThis; 09-26-13 at 07:43 AM.
    09-26-13 06:44 AM
    It's true. S4BB. Look them up. Rubbish mostly.
    Lol,I can't believe bb approved all of those apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-26-13 06:53 AM
    My biggest beef with bb app world is the lack of quality/polish for well known apps. Check,Facebook, Twitter, MLB at bat, the score , are all subpar when compared to their iOS/android counterparts.

Stwutter likes this.
    09-26-13 06:56 AM
    Lol,I can't believe bb approved all of those apps.

You can't believe that? How about Android fake apps, can't believe they get by Google all the time . Apple I can say is the only one with a near perfect app store.

Posted via CB10
    fragment137 likes this.
    09-26-13 06:56 AM
    The headline of this thread should be "....killed BlackBerry: terrible and no headless apps"!
    09-26-13 06:57 AM
    I like how the CNN app isn't even available in Australia. When I emailed them they said it would he coming soon......

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:09 AM
    You can't believe that? How about Android fake apps, can't believe they get by Google all the time . Apple I can say is the only one with a near perfect app store.

Posted via CB10
    Those fake apps are not getting by Google... they meet the arguably low submission standards. Thing is, the quality, high profile productivity apps are also getting into Google Play.

Contrast that with the spam apps we hear BBRY actually paid S4BB for.

Fun stuff...
    09-26-13 07:27 AM
    My biggest beef with bb app world is the lack of quality/polish for well known apps. Check,Facebook, Twitter, MLB at bat, the score , are all subpar when compared to their iOS/android counterparts.

So why does IOS fb have 3 and half stars? That's not sub par?

09-26-13 07:41 AM
    So why does IOS fb have 3 and half stars? That's not sub par?
    I honestly believe you see stuff like that from folks who expect even more. Here we see it as griping.

On other platforms, it forces the developers to push the envelope.
    09-26-13 07:48 AM
    I honestly believe you see stuff like that from folks who expect even more. Here we see it as griping.

On other platforms, it forces the developers to push the envelope.
    All im saying is he's calling fb on BlackBerry subpar, which is correct i agree but on IOS it's 3 and a half stars, supposedly they have all the features no? What more can they add?

09-26-13 07:50 AM
    FB is subpar regardless of the platform.....

All im saying is he's calling fb on BlackBerry subpar, which is correct i agree but on IOS it's 3 and a half stars, supposedly they have all the features no? What more can they add?

imcurved likes this.
    09-26-13 07:53 AM
    FB is subpar regardless of the platform.....
    Was waiting for that.
    09-26-13 07:54 AM
    Was waiting for that.
    Fb is whatever. Just trying to make a point

09-26-13 07:56 AM

Better UI elements, connectivity, etc... they can always improve something. That app gets raked over the coals regularly on Android too LOL.

On BBRY, there's such an atmosphere of "let's coddle the developers so they don't get ticked off." I understand it to a degree; folks want developers to stay. But it doesn't help with increasing quality. Why on earth are developers allowed to suppress negative reviews? That is INSANE!
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-26-13 07:58 AM
364 ... 89101112 ...